- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him Updated: May-24-16 2:22 am
MIAMI - Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Draymond Green fined $25,000, not suspended for groin kick Updated: May-23-16 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Draymond Green was fined $25,000 but not suspended by the NBA on Monday for kicking Oklahoma City center Steven Adams in the groin.
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors Updated: May-23-16 12:35 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the Thunder gave the Warriors as complete a beating as they experienced during their record-setting season.
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching Updated: May-21-16 3:47 am
OAKLAND, California - Billy Donovan is trying to accomplish the improbable and lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a championship as a first-year NBA coach, just as Steve Kerr did guiding Golden State to its first title in 40 years last June in his rookie season running the Warriors.
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron Updated: May-20-16 6:26 pm
This is our Magic vs. Bird.
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court Updated: May-20-16 5:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - A black sleeve protecting his sore right elbow, MVP Stephen Curry insists he's fine after yet another postseason injury.
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP Updated: May-20-16 7:12 am
NEW YORK - Consider Gary Payton unimpressed by Golden State guard Stephen Curry becoming the first unanimous MVP in NBA history.
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason Updated: May-19-16 7:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - A far cry from his brash, former basketball-playing father, Klay Thompson is perfectly content to be the soft-spoken, second superstar behind MVP Stephen Curry. He is more than happy to let Draymond Green do the arguing, arm flexing and trash talking.
- Curry dazzles again, Warriors even series with Thunder 1-1 Updated: May-19-16 1:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Once Stephen Curry finally gathered himself and got up following a scary first-quarter dive into the stands, fans inside Oracle Arena could take a breath, sit back and watch the MVP put on a spectacular shooting show.
- TNT sees big ratings for Oklahoma City-Golden State opener Updated: May-17-16 10:29 pm
ATLANTA - The Western Conference finals opener between Oklahoma City and Golden State was TNT's highest-rated conference finals Game 1 since 2011.
- Warriors take little solace in NBA acknowledging blown call Updated: May-17-16 7:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - The fact that the NBA acknowledged missing a late travel call on Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook did little to appease Golden State coach Steve Kerr a day later.
- Thunder's Steven Adams apologizes for 'monkeys' comment Updated: May-17-16 5:37 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oklahoma City center Steven Adams understands that he has to live with the fallout of using a derogatory term to describe Golden State's guards.
- Plenty of star power remains at point guard in NBA playoffs Updated: May-17-16 2:12 am
MIAMI - LeBron James is fond of saying that today's NBA is driven by point guards.
- Draymond Green committed to cutting down his technicals Updated: May-14-16 6:24 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stunningly, Draymond Green kept his mouth shut on the court for a full practice Saturday.
- Warriors rest up and gear up to face Thunder in West finals Updated: May-13-16 9:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry surprised coach Steve Kerr with how quickly he found his groove the past two games after returning from a right knee injury, even with a few more misses than usual for the MVP.
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future Updated: May-12-16 7:21 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Damian Lillard's thoughts were already turned toward next season on the flight back to Portland following the Blazers' final playoff loss to the Warriors. He pondered how the team's surprising success would impact the tightknit group.
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal Updated: May-12-16 3:35 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry stopped just before leaving his postgame press conference with one final, important thought.
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals Updated: May-12-16 2:44 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry raised his left arm in triumph and cradled the game ball in his right as yellow confetti fell.
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award Updated: May-11-16 5:23 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James won't debate whether Golden State's Stephen Curry should be the NBA's MVP this season. That's an indisputable slam dunk.
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again Updated: May-10-16 7:50 pm
OAKLAND, California - From the jaw-dropping half-court heaves that somehow sink through the net to the dazzling drives and zippy passes from every which way, Stephen Curry's desire to keep getting better while always trying to entertain at every stop has the Golden State superstar being mentioned right along with the best ever, Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson.
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 Updated: May-10-16 6:00 pm
MIAMI - Stephen Curry will lift another MVP trophy. Dwyane Wade will try to keep lifting the Miami Heat.
- Curry returns with 40 points in 132-125 OT win over Blazers Updated: May-10-16 3:02 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Stephen Curry nailed a 3-pointer in overtime and gestured to the crowd, exclaiming over and over: "I'm back! I'm back!"
- Warriors' Livingston ejected in the 2nd Q against Blazers Updated: May-10-16 12:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Golden State's Shaun Livingston was ejected in the second quarter of Game 4 of the Warriors' playoff series against the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night.
- Golden State's Curry returns in Game 4 against the Blazers Updated: May-09-16 11:42 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry returned from a right knee sprain for Game 4 of Golden State's playoff series against the Trail Blazers on Monday night.
- Festus Ezeli makes big impact down the stretch in Game 2 Updated: May-06-16 3:53 am
OAKLAND, California - As his teammates wrapped up their practice day, Festus Ezeli worked some post moves with coach Theo Robertson and shot a few more hook shots from each side of the key, then a series of free throws as assistant coach Ron Adams observed.