- UNC's Meeks back for senior year after NBA draft flirtation Updated: May-04-16 1:21 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina's Kennedy Meeks will withdraw from the NBA draft and return for his senior season.
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Updated: Apr-29-16 6:32 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association says it won't move its headquarters, its basketball tournament or other conference championships from North Carolina, despite the state's controversial new LGBT law.
- North Carolina now on clock to respond in NCAA academic case Updated: Apr-27-16 5:39 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina is preparing for the next step toward a long-awaited resolution in the multi-year case centered around its academic fraud scandal.
- UNC's Williams aims to coach Tar Heels another 5-9 years Updated: Apr-12-16 6:00 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - There was no long mourning period for North Carolina coach Roy Williams after the heartbreaking loss in the NCAA championship game. Within days he was on the recruiting trail and meeting with current players to talk about next season.
- UNC reserve Kenny Williams III recovering from knee surgery Updated: Apr-07-16 5:24 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina reserve Kenny Williams III is recovering from knee surgery.
- Column: Through the pain, Tar Heels show they're winners too Updated: Apr-06-16 2:14 am
The difference between winning and losing was so small. The pain and hurt from being on the wrong side was so big.
- Tar Heels begin moving forward after falling short of title Updated: Apr-05-16 7:03 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina started the year with a No. 1 ranking, swept the Atlantic Coast Conference regular-season and tournament titles and battled to the final Monday night of the season to play for the national championship.
- UNC's Berry on crutches with foot injury after Final Four Updated: Apr-05-16 5:30 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina point guard Joel Berry II has a foot injury he suffered in Monday's loss to Villanova in the NCAA championship game.
- Jenkins becomes latest on list of last-second NCAA greats Updated: Apr-05-16 5:01 pm
On its own, Kris Jenkins' 3-point shot to win the national championship for Villanova wasn't all that out of the ordinary.