- Voter-ID proposal to go before Missouri voters Nov. 8 Updated: May-23-16 6:39 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri voters will decide Nov. 8 whether to amend the state Constitution to allow lawmakers to add voter-identification requirements.
- Idaho Rep. Simpson says he's lost 68 pounds in 18 months Updated: May-22-16 2:25 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Rep. Mike Simpson is trimming down.
- Judge orders Idaho to cover lawyer's fees in 'ag-gag' case Updated: May-19-16 4:47 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A federal judge has ordered Idaho to pay roughly a quarter million dollars in legal fees to the Animal Legal Defense Fund and other groups who successfully sued the state over what they called the "ag-gag" law.
- 7 ousted in Idaho GOP primary Updated: May-18-16 4:05 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's establishment Republicans won key battles Tuesday night by fighting off far-right challengers across the state, but the conflict wasn't without a few losses.
- The Latest: Piotrowski wins Idaho Democratic primary Updated: May-18-16 2:06 am
BOISE, Idaho - The Latest on Idaho's primary election (all times local):
- Homeland Security denies Dayton's REAL ID extension request Updated: May-16-16 3:47 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Federal officials have again denied Gov. Mark Dayton's request for more time to comply with stronger driver's license standards to board planes.
- State officials plan second plug at toxic central Idaho mine Updated: May-14-16 4:12 pm
KETCHUM, Idaho - State officials plan to put in a second plug at a leaking mine opening in central Idaho to prevent the potential release of millions of gallons of toxic waste near the resort towns of Ketchum and Sun Valley.
- Missouri lawmakers pass expanded gun rights on final day Updated: May-13-16 9:21 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers passed a sweeping expansion of gun rights Friday, allowing people to carry concealed guns without needing permits while also expanding their right to stand and fight against perceived threats.
- Idaho House candidate defends Facebook comment Updated: May-13-16 3:50 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho legislative candidate says he was joking when he wrote on his Facebook page that he was out hunting Mexicans.
- Brody leads contributions in Idaho Supreme Court race Updated: May-11-16 7:46 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Campaign finance reports show that Idaho Supreme Court candidate Robyn Brody has raised more than $177,000, but some of the money has come under scrutiny.
- The Latest: Brody to appeal disputed campaign contributions Updated: May-11-16 7:45 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Latest on scrutiny over recent Idaho Supreme Court campaign contributions (all times local):
- Hassan signs 'Real ID' law on enhanced driver's license Updated: May-11-16 3:39 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan has signed into law a bill that gives New Hampshire residents the option to get an enhanced driver's license to comply with the federal "Real ID" law.
- Idaho lawmakers spend $136,000 on travel expenses Updated: May-09-16 7:20 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho lawmakers spent more than $136,000 on travel during the 2016 legislative session.
- 4 Idaho Supreme Court candidates debate Updated: May-07-16 12:56 am
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's state Supreme Court candidates went after each other's political independence Friday evening during their only scheduled major debate.
- Idaho State Police trooper on leave after shots fired Updated: May-06-16 6:08 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - An Idaho State Police trooper who fired his weapon while involved in the pursuit of a suspect has been placed on administrative leave.
- CDOT says I-70 toll lane made travel quicker for drivers Updated: May-06-16 1:36 am
DENVER - State transportation officials say the new express lane on Interstate 70 from Empire to Idaho Springs reduced drivers' travel time this winter, even those who drove in the free lanes.
- Police: No one injured in school bus crash Updated: May-05-16 3:24 pm
WENDELL, Idaho - Idaho State Police say no one was injured in a crash involving a school bus with 16 elementary school students in south-central Idaho.
- 2 charged in investigation of northern Idaho PAC Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho attorney general has charged a state House candidate and another Republican involved in a highly scrutinized political action committee with hiding the source of campaign contributions.
- Idaho brand inspector facing 2 felonies resigns Updated: May-03-16 10:13 am
MERIDIAN, Idaho - Idaho State Police say one of the agency's brand inspectors has resigned after being charged with two felonies involving a check writing scheme.
- Correction: Supreme Court-Campaign Advisers story Updated: Apr-28-16 2:03 pm
BOISE, Idaho - In a story April 27 about Idaho Supreme Court candidate advisers, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the communications adviser for candidate Clive Strong. It's Melinda Nothern, not Northern.
- Idaho court affirms ruling throwing out blood-draw test Updated: Apr-26-16 7:51 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Supreme Court has affirmed a northern Idaho judge's decision to toss out blood-draw test results in a fatal crash case because police failed to get a search warrant.
- Bloc of Idaho lawmakers often vote 'no' on appropriations Updated: Apr-25-16 2:54 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Every year a bloc of lawmakers in the Idaho Legislature votes against billions of dollars in spending for routine functions of state government, and this year was no exception.