- Bill would give 'explicit' OK for Idaho schools to use Bible Updated: Feb-12-16 11:35 am
BOISE, Idaho - A northern Idaho senator is backing legislation to "expressly permit" using the Bible in public schools.
- Idaho panel backs Medicaid expansion alternative Updated: Feb-11-16 5:46 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter's proposed alternative to Medicaid expansion passed its first hurdle in the Idaho Legislature Thursday.
- Governor wants review of Idaho's faith-healing exemption Updated: Feb-11-16 5:24 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The governor said Thursday he is concerned with the number of children who die in Idaho because their parents choose faith healing for religious reasons over medical assistance.
- 20 wolves killed in northern Idaho to boost elk population Updated: Feb-11-16 4:17 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Twenty wolves have been killed in the Clearwater Region in northern Idaho to bolster elk populations in the area, the Idaho Department of Fish and Game says.
- Idaho House panel OKs 'Right to Try' bill Updated: Feb-11-16 2:42 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho House panel has introduced a bill that would allow terminally-ill patients to access drugs that are still being researched.
- Bill would require gender-neutral language in Idaho laws Updated: Feb-10-16 7:42 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Two female lawmakers say Idaho laws are not just for men, so they should not be written that way.
- Idaho panel backs proposal to move school board elections Updated: Feb-10-16 6:02 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho panel has introduced a legislative proposal that would move school board elections from May in odd years to November in even years.
- Hospital system agrees to settlement with Attorney General Updated: Feb-10-16 1:22 pm
BOISE, Idaho - St. Luke's Health System has agreed to give hospitals in McCall and Mountain Home back to their taxing districts as part of a settlement with the Idaho Attorney General's office.
- Idaho panel backs measure requiring campaign finance reports Updated: Feb-10-16 1:08 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A Legislative panel has introduced a measure that would require all Idaho state candidates and people pushing ballot initiatives to file campaign finance reports.
- Wolf board refuses to answer Idaho lawmaker's question Updated: Feb-10-16 8:01 am
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho board in charge of killing problem wolves kept information from a state senator during a recent budget hearing.
- State legislators consider new parental rights bill Updated: Feb-09-16 9:57 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho lawmakers have introduced a bill that seeks to better define the roles of parents and schools in the education of students.
- Idaho House OKs bill to end indexing of homeowner exemption Updated: Feb-09-16 8:17 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho homeowners would face a cap while claiming their property tax exemption in a new bill that passed the Idaho House on Tuesday.
- Senate panel introduces tuition lock proposal Updated: Feb-09-16 8:03 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho Senate panel has introduced legislation that would freeze college and university tuition for incoming freshman so they would pay the same rate for at least four academic years.
- Idaho lawmaker panel backs ban on local minimum wage hikes Updated: Feb-09-16 7:59 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho legislative panel has introduced a proposal that would ban local municipalities from raising the minimum wage.
- Idaho Legislature rejects new science standards Updated: Feb-08-16 8:35 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho lawmakers have rejected new K-12 science standards after receiving criticism over how the rules - which for the first time include global warming and evolution components- were finalized.
- Idaho committee backs revision to rape statute Updated: Feb-08-16 6:45 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho panel has introduced a measure that would revise the state's rape statute in part to include gender neutral language, rendering the law the same for both men and women.
- Revised tax conformity bill headed to Idaho governor's desk Updated: Feb-08-16 2:48 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Senate has approved legislation to bring the state's tax code in line with federal rules, a move estimated to cost Idaho roughly $46 million over two years.
- Idaho House panel introduces Girl Scout sales tax bill Updated: Feb-08-16 1:33 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Girl Scouts would get a tax break on each box of Thin Mints under legislation introduced in a House committee.
- Wrong-way driver dies in northern Idaho collision Updated: Feb-08-16 9:28 am
PINEHURST, Idaho - A wrong-way driver has died in a head-on collision on Interstate 90 in northern Idaho near Pinehurst.
- Head-on crash kills father, toddler near Marsing Updated: Feb-05-16 11:41 pm
CANYON COUNTY, Idaho - Idaho State Police say a father and toddler died in a car crash north of Marsing.
- Idaho's interim committees still working on suggestions Updated: Feb-05-16 6:59 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho lawmakers who spent last summer dissecting some of the state's most contentious issues have yet to submit legislation, but key leaders remain hopeful that proposals will be finalized before the end of the session.
- The Latest: New Mexico REAL ID compromise passes 2nd test Updated: Feb-05-16 6:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest on New Mexico lawmakers' REAL ID debate (all times local):
- Idaho panel introduces public records exemption bill Updated: Feb-05-16 2:09 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A bill that would allow public utilities to keep blueprints and other documents secret from the public has passed is first hurdle in the Idaho Legislature.
- Proposal would shift state police funds to roads, bridges Updated: Feb-04-16 7:31 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's state police budget would see a dramatic $16.7 million drop in funding with the goal to provide more dollars to the state's aging roads and bridges under a new bill headed to the Senate floor.
- Idaho panel backs school's 'Maniac' license-plate proposal Updated: Feb-04-16 7:13 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A northern Idaho lawmaker is once again seeking to create a specialized license plate depicting a hotly disputed Idaho high school mascot.