- Patrick wants Texas lawmakers to focus on religious liberty Updated: Oct-08-15 1:37 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick wants the Texas Legislature to better protect religious liberty by examining whether local anti-discrimination ordinances violate state and federal law.
- $10M OKed for school bus seat belts largely spent elsewhere Updated: Oct-01-15 11:31 am
HOUSTON - Six years after the Texas Legislature approved $10 million to equip more school buses with seat belts, the money has been spent but little of it went for its stated purpose.
- Cruz announces endorsements of 41 Texas state lawmakers Updated: Sep-30-15 1:14 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Home-state presidential hopeful and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz says he's secured endorsements from 36 Republican Texas state representatives and five state senators.
- Ethics panel continues review of Texas lawmaker Updated: Sep-28-15 4:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The House Ethics Committee said Monday it is continuing an investigation of Republican congressman Blake Farenthold of Texas, despite a recommendation by an investigative panel that the complaint be dismissed.
- The Latest: Muslim student with clock plans transfer Updated: Sep-16-15 8:13 pm
IRVING, Texas - The latest on the Muslim teenager who was questioned by police after officials at his North Texas high school thought his homemade clock looked like a bomb (all times local):