- The Latest: Ex-GOP lawmaker wins Railroad Commission runoff Updated: May-24-16 11:27 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on Texas' primary runoff elections (all times local):
- Frontier: Telecom takeover led to outages in 3 states Updated: May-18-16 7:46 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Frontier Communications blamed its takeover of another company for widespread phone, internet and television service outages in California, Texas and Florida at a legislative hearing Wednesday, saying Frontier inherited corrupt data in its $10.5 billion acquisition of certain Verizon businesses last month.
- Special election runoff set for state House District 120 Updated: May-18-16 7:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott has set a special election runoff for Aug. 2 to fill the vacant, San Antonio-based Texas House seat of state Rep. Ruth Jones McClendon.
- Health officials say local spread of Zika 'likely' in Texas Updated: May-17-16 6:53 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas has identified 33 cases of the Zika virus that all have been associated with overseas travel, but the virus is expected to begin spreading locally within the state during the sweaty upcoming summer months, top health officials said Tuesday.
- Few solutions in wake of Texas school finance ruling Updated: May-15-16 12:24 pm
DALLAS - Now that it's clear Texas' complicated school finance system is here to stay, cash-strapped districts around the state must find a way to move forward - whether that's pressuring lawmakers for more money or finding a taste for raising property taxes.
- Former Texas legislator Chet Brooks dies at age 80 Updated: May-13-16 3:21 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Former Houston-area state Sen. Chester "Chet" Brooks has died.
- Cruz files paperwork for 2018 re-election bid Updated: May-11-16 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Sen. Ted Cruz says he wants another term in the Senate.
- Texas lawmakers champion local control, to a point Updated: May-10-16 4:48 am
DALLAS - Texas leaders have sued the federal government dozens of times, costing millions of dollars, for what they contend are policies that infringe on local control and states' rights.
- Ex-Houston councilman Jarvis Johnson wins Texas House seat Updated: May-08-16 2:14 pm
HOUSTON - Ex-Houston City Council member Jarvis D. Johnson will serve the remainder of the Texas House term of now-Mayor Sylvester Turner.
- Texas' fetal tissue research questioned before court hearing Updated: Apr-28-16 5:19 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas legislators who passed one of the nation's toughest abortion laws turned their attention to fetal tissue research Thursday, ahead of a Houston court appearance by two anti-abortion activists on charges related to their filming of undercover videos at a Planned Parenthood clinic.