- Count Jordan Spieth as a likely Rio Olympics starter in 2016 Updated: Nov-24-15 12:35 am
SYDNEY - Jordan Spieth and Adam Scott, the two headliners at this week's Australian Open, have distinctly different excitement levels over next year's Rio Olympics golf tournament.
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- 5 Russian athletes who will be missed during ban Updated: Nov-14-15 8:56 am
MOSCOW - Russia was suspended Friday by track and field's world governing body the IAAF, four days after a World Anti-Doping Agency report alleged a vast, state-sponsored operation of performance-enhancing drug use.
- Leticia Romero finds comfortable fit at No. 7 Florida State Updated: Nov-11-15 3:24 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - For the first time since coming to the United States, Florida State's Leticia Romero can focus on basketball.
- Johnson, Jones, Armstrong: Sport's doping hall of shame Updated: Nov-10-15 1:37 pm
LONDON - From Ben Johnson to Marion Jones to Lance Armstrong, the sports world has its own doping hall of shame.
- Kobe says another Olympics 'would mean the world' to him Updated: Nov-09-15 6:13 pm
MIAMI - Kobe Bryant sounds like someone who wants to play beyond this season - if only for a few months.
- Supplement line strikes deals with MLBPA, USA Water Polo Updated: Nov-09-15 3:08 am
The world of nutritional supplements can be a minefield for athletes.
- Simone Biles earns record 10th world championship gold medal Updated: Nov-01-15 3:52 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - The five medals Simone Biles spent the better part of a week so easily collecting at the world gymnastics championships will join the nine others she's captured in a safe somewhere back in Texas.
- VP Joe Biden apologizes to Olympic assembly for 'oversight' Updated: Oct-30-15 3:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Conspicuously absent the previous day, Vice President Joe Biden dropped in on a global Olympic meeting Friday and gave an impromptu plug for Los Angeles' bid for the 2024 Games.
- Bob Beamon collects 'outstanding Olympic performance' award Updated: Oct-30-15 1:52 am
WASHINGTON - Long jump great Bob Beamon has received a special Olympic award, almost half a century after he set a world record with a stunning jump at the 1968 Mexico City Games.