- Miracle on Ice goalie selling his gold medal, mask, skates Updated: May-24-16 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - It took a miracle for Jim Craig to win a gold medal in hockey at the 1980 Olympics, but, after 36 years, he's willing to let it go.
- Alexis Crimes earns rare 2nd chance with US volleyball team Updated: May-24-16 5:00 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Courtney Thompson hits the floor on a dive and hardly has time to reach for a towel to wipe up her sweat before teammate Alexis Crimes grabs it and handles the chore herself.
- Russell Knox gaining confidence going into key stretch Updated: May-24-16 2:43 pm
Russell Knox needed results before he could find confidence, and now his confidence is soaring.
- US water polo captain Azevedo preps for record 5th Olympics Updated: May-23-16 4:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Tony Azevedo is a speed boat in a pool full of aircraft carriers. And 16 years after he burst onto the international scene, he remains one of the world's most dangerous scorers.
- Sports power couple: Eatons gearing up for Rio Olympics Updated: May-21-16 12:21 pm
Ashton Eaton crouched in the dirt and concentrated on conquering his latest rival - weeds overwhelming his backyard.
- USOC leader: Flawed anti-doping system needs attention Updated: May-20-16 7:11 pm
The leader of the U.S. Olympic Committee says the latest anti-doping headlines make it "increasingly difficult to defend the current system."
- Usain Bolt wins 100 at Golden Spike in 9.98 Updated: May-20-16 2:47 pm
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt used his strong finish to win the 100 meters in 9.98 seconds at the Golden Spike meet on Friday.
- Sullivan: Doping allegations undermine Olympic confidence Updated: May-20-16 1:54 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Dan Sullivan says allegations of doping by Russian athletes undermine the confidence in the competitive process of the Olympics and a spirit of respect among nations.
- USA Cycling unveils high-tech pursuit bike for Rio Olympics Updated: May-20-16 11:43 am
The fastest women's pursuit team in track cycling just got a whole lot faster.
- US drops Puerto Rico swim training over Zika Updated: May-20-16 9:46 am
ATLANTA - USA Swimming has moved a pre-Olympic training camp out of Puerto Rico because of the Zika virus.
- Gray could become 1st US woman to win Olympic wrestling gold Updated: May-20-16 8:35 am
NEW YORK - Under the bright lights of Times Square, Adeline Gray grabbed the microphone and turned an interview into an impromptu speech about the virtues of wrestling.
- When weird things happen, Olympians rely on mental training Updated: May-20-16 2:28 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The divers were warming up, getting ready for the biggest moment in their lives when, out of nowhere, a man in a blue tutu rushed to the ladder, ran to the edge of the board and swan-dived into the pool.
- Female Power: US, China look to women for medals in Olympics Updated: May-19-16 2:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The United States and China are tipped to finish 1-2 in the medals table at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, and they'll rely heavily on female athletes to do it.
- Bach: Russia faces range of sanctions if state doping proven Updated: May-18-16 11:35 am
LONDON - The latest allegations of state-sponsored doping in Russia could lead to suspension of entire national federations, heavy fines and lifetime Olympic bans, IOC President Thomas Bach said Wednesday.
- Report: US launches investigation into Russian doping claims Updated: May-17-16 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. prosecutors are investigating claims that dozens of top Russian athletes participated in a sophisticated state-sponsored doping program, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
- Ledecky settles for 3rd in 100 free at Atlanta Classic Updated: May-15-16 9:45 pm
ATLANTA - After a pair of dominating wins, Katie Ledecky finally met her match at the Atlanta Classic.
- Lochte dominates field to win 200 IM at Arena Pro Series Updated: May-15-16 8:40 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Ryan Lochte might have found something more difficult than preparing for the U.S. Olympic swimming trials - like helping Pittsburgh Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams learn how to swim.
- Gatlin wins 100m at Shanghai Diamond League Updated: May-14-16 10:48 am
SHANGHAI - American sprinter Justin Gatlin's preparations for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics got off to a solid start with a commanding win in the 100 meters at the Shanghai Diamond League meet on Saturday.
- Olympic wrestling body strips Rio entries in meldonium cases Updated: May-11-16 11:36 am
CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY, Switzerland - Wrestling's governing body has stripped Olympic places from countries whose athletes tested positive for meldonium at qualifying tournaments.
- 3 months before Rio, US basketball losing players, not sleep Updated: May-11-16 2:44 am
Anthony Davis can't play. Chris Paul doesn't want to.
- Krzyzewski has hernia surgery, expects to be healthy for Rio Updated: May-09-16 2:11 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke says men's basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski has had hernia surgery.
- Griffin out for Team USA duty after quad tendon procedure Updated: May-07-16 12:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin won't play for the U.S. basketball team this summer at its training camp, likely knocking him out of the Olympics for the second straight time.
- U.S women's coach Karch Kiraly to stay on for 2020 Olympics Updated: May-05-16 6:44 pm
In his short time running the women's national team, coach Karch Kiraly has established a close-knit, family culture among his players off the court that has led to hard-nosed, successful volleyball on it.
- Abby Wambach to join ESPN as analyst and contributor Updated: May-04-16 1:15 pm
Retired U.S. soccer star Abby Wambach is joining ESPN as an analyst and a contributor.
- Former U. Delaware athlete to compete in Olympics Updated: Apr-30-16 11:01 am
NEWARK, Delaware - A former University of Delaware athlete will be competing in this summer's Olympic Games.