- Taking down Bolt is not easy, but a cameraman gives it a try Updated: Aug-27-15 1:23 pm
BEIJING - Only when the running stopped and the picture-taking began did Usain Bolt finally meet his match.
- The Latest: Defending champion Sum reaches 800 final Updated: Aug-27-15 8:52 am
BEIJING - The Latest from the world championships (all times local):
- US men claim first USA Volleyball Cup win over Brazil Updated: Aug-27-15 1:12 am
LOS ANGELES - Taylor Sander's kill for match point sealed a 3-2 victory for the United States over top-ranked Brazil in the USA Volleyball Cup on Wednesday night.
- Silva casts off self-doubts to win pole vault gold at worlds Updated: Aug-26-15 1:08 pm
BEIJING - With a strange choice for background music blaring around the Bird's Nest, Yarisley Silva attempted to clear 5.01 meters in the pole vault shortly after winning her first gold medal at the world championships.
- Brazil sweeps US in 2nd match of USA Volleyball Cup Updated: Aug-26-15 1:08 am
SAN DIEGO - Top-ranked Brazil swept the U.S. men's national team in the second match of the USA Volleyball Cup on Tuesday night with both teams playing their reserves.
- Americans struggle through opening 4 days of worlds Updated: Aug-25-15 12:52 pm
BEIJING - Jenny Simpson lost her left shoe after being stepped on and ran the last lap of the 1,500-meter race with her bare foot striking the surface.
- US draws Canada, Cuba, Panama for Olympic qualifying Updated: Aug-18-15 8:30 pm
The United States men's national team has been drawn into a group with Canada, Cuba and Panama for CONCACAF Olympic qualifying.
- Palomino leads USA past Japan 8-1 for junior world title Updated: Aug-16-15 12:06 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Even as the United States' players were being awarded gold medals, their minds were elsewhere.
- Bolt back at Bird's Nest for world championships Updated: Aug-14-15 11:24 am
They burst onto the sports scene together, seven summers ago.
- Turkish medalist among 28 positive for banned substance Updated: Aug-14-15 6:33 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish 10,000-meter runner Elvan Abeylegesse could be stripped of silver medals from the world championships and Olympics after testing positive for steroids in a reanalysis of her doping samples.
- US men's basketball looks ready for Rio after minicamp Updated: Aug-14-15 2:32 am
LAS VEGAS - While many countries are still trying to qualify for the Olympics, the U.S. is already lining up guys to play.
- Swimmers sickened after Rio race worry about 2016 Olympics Updated: Aug-12-15 10:08 am
Reports of dangerously high levels of viruses and bacteria in Rio de Janeiro's waters have raised - and renewed - fears that athletes are at risk of getting sick at next summer's Olympics.
- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics Updated: Aug-11-15 1:29 am
SAN ANTONIO - Michael Phelps already has far more medals than any Olympic athlete.
- Russia's new 'sports capital' has Olympic ambitions Updated: Aug-10-15 8:53 am
KAZAN, Russia - The city calling itself "Russia's sports capital" isn't Moscow, St. Petersburg or even last year's Winter Olympic host Sochi. Instead it's Kazan, a provincial city with global ambitions.
- Midnight at the pool: Swimmers face late nights at Rio Games Updated: Aug-10-15 6:11 am
KAZAN, Russia - One prominent swimming coach called it "irresponsible." Another labeled it a "business decision."
- Sun Yang is no-show for 1,500 free final at worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 3:12 pm
KAZAN, Russia - No sooner had Sun Yang returned to the top of the podium with two victories at the world swimming championships than the Chinese star was enveloped in mystery.
- Former South Dakota athlete aims for Canadian Olympic team Updated: Aug-07-15 12:05 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A former University of South Dakota athlete in her 30s has set her sights on making the Canadian Olympic team as a pole vaulter, saying it's never too late to try things.
- USA Basketball expects 34 at men's minicamp Updated: Aug-06-15 3:53 pm
LeBron James, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony are among 34 players expected next week at the U.S. men's Basketball minicamp, indicating their possible interest in chasing a third Olympic gold medal.
- Franklin, Ledecky are workhorses of US swim team at worlds Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Missy Franklin and Katie Ledecky are the workhorses of the U.S. team at the world swimming championships.
- Deep end: Redland water polo phenom swims onto world stage Updated: Jul-30-15 12:14 pm
MIAMI - When Donna Johnson decided to raise her five children in the peaceful, pastoral splendor of the Redland, she chose a five-acre plot dotted with mango, avocado and sapodilla trees.
- US Olympic hero Jim Craig to auction memorabilia Updated: Jul-29-15 2:36 pm
NEW YORK - The American flag that goalie Jim Craig wrapped around his shoulders after the U.S. Miracle on Ice victory at the 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympics is on the auction block.
- If USOC finds a new city, Boston debacle could be forgotten Updated: Jul-28-15 8:45 pm
Embarrassing as the debacle in Boston may have been, chances are it will be nothing more than a distant memory when the vote for the 2024 Olympics finally rolls around.