- The Latest: Aid group says over 100,000 have fled Aleppo Updated: Feb-12-16 3:29 pm
BEIRUT - The Latest on the conflict in Syria and international diplomatic efforts to end the violence (all times local):
- AP News Guide: Diplomats push as Syria battlefield shifts Updated: Feb-12-16 2:53 pm
Diplomats from a dozen countries, led by the United States and Russia, are struggling to make progress in Syria, even as fighting in the north sends tens of thousands fleeing and threatens a deepening humanitarian crisis. Next month, Syria's civil war will reach the end of its fifth year, and its consequences continue to reach new and disastrous levels.
- Treasury sanctions 2 for laundering money for Hezbollah Updated: Jan-28-16 3:06 pm
WASHINGTON - The Treasury Department is sanctioning two Lebanese men suspected of laundering money for the Iran-backed Hezbollah militant group.
- Israeli drill simulates combat on fronts with Syria, Lebanon Updated: Jan-20-16 1:51 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's military has conducted a drill to prepare for simultaneous combat along its northern frontier with Syria and Lebanon.
- As sanctions are lifted, Iranian foes fear the worst Updated: Jan-17-16 2:41 pm
JERUSALEM - As the nuclear deal with Tehran goes into effect, many Middle Eastern countries fear a newly emboldened Iran, flush with cash and international recognition, will grow more aggressive with what they see as meddling in conflicts across the region.