- Linebacker Ahmad Brooks sent home by 49ers Updated: Aug-27-15 6:56 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Linebacker Ahmad Brooks has been banished from the San Francisco 49ers after being charged with misdemeanor sexual battery.
- Grand jury indicts former 49er Ray McDonald on rape charge Updated: Aug-26-15 9:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A Santa Clara County grand jury indicted former San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald on one count of rape of an intoxicated person.
- Old friends Bethea, Manning reunite at 49ers-Denver practice Updated: Aug-26-15 6:42 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Antoine Bethea faced Peyton Manning in practice when they were teammates for five seasons, so it was no surprise he intercepted the veteran during Wednesday's joint session between San Francisco and Denver.
- AP source: Cowboys' Scandrick out for year with knee injury Updated: Aug-26-15 12:42 am
Orlando Scandrick's season is over before it started after the Dallas cornerback tore two ligaments in his right knee in practice at training camp Tuesday.
- NaVorro Bowman's first game back from injury memorable Updated: Aug-24-15 6:39 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula has said it over and over again: He reserves the right to back off NaVorro Bowman if he senses the star middle linebacker might need a break.
- Defensive lineman Mike Purcell's pick-6 highlight for 49ers Updated: Aug-24-15 12:41 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Long black hair swinging from his helmet, 303-pound defensive lineman Mike Purcell - not strong-armed quarterback Colin Kaepernick - provided the highlight touchdown of the night for the San Francisco 49ers.
- Cowboys owner Jones apologizes to 49ers for grass comment Updated: Aug-24-15 12:00 am
- Cowboys concerned with 49ers' turf for preseason game Updated: Aug-21-15 8:24 pm
OXNARD, California - Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested Friday that the Cowboys could sit quarterback Tony Romo and other starters for a preseason game in San Francisco over concerns with the troublesome turf at Levi's Stadium.
- Redskins acquire TE Carrier from 49ers for undisclosed pick Updated: Aug-21-15 6:58 pm
- 49ers' Jimmie Ward eager to stay on field in second year Updated: Aug-21-15 6:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jimmie Ward is wearing a snazzy new shoe these days. Not that it's even noticeable.
- Former rugby league star Hayne continues to make NFL strides Updated: Aug-20-15 10:29 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jarryd Hayne certainly had no intention of inducing a collective laugh when it came to his thoughts on the fair catch in football.
- Erik Pears fitting in on 49ers O-line Updated: Aug-19-15 6:05 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - New right tackle Erik Pears is doing all he can to fit into the 49ers huddle.
- Hard-hitting Nick Moody looks to make mark on 49ers defense Updated: Aug-18-15 10:33 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Joe Gaines and other teachers at Nick Moody's elementary school used to regularly pull the boy aside and remind him that physical stiff-arms and hip-checks on the playground could really hurt others.
- NFL suspends 49ers WR Jerome Simpson for 6 games Updated: Aug-18-15 10:21 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The NFL suspended San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Tuesday without pay for the first six games of the season for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy - a penalty he hopes is his last after a rash of off-field issues have derailed his career.
- 49ers trade TE Asante Cleveland to Pats for OL Jordan Devey Updated: Aug-18-15 7:54 pm
- Hayne makes big impression in first NFL action for 49ers Updated: Aug-16-15 6:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Even a day later, hype surrounded Jarryd Hayne's impressive first NFL action for the San Francisco 49ers.
- Hoyer throws TD pass, helps Texans beat 49ers 23-10 Updated: Aug-16-15 12:29 am
HOUSTON - Brian Hoyer made the most of his limited opportunity Saturday night.
- Bowman nearing return to 49ers after knee surgery Updated: Aug-13-15 11:18 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - In a trying offseason for the San Francisco 49ers that featured a number of key losses, one star player's comeback is providing a glimmer of hope.
- Kaepernick denies reports of an altercation with Aldon Smith Updated: Aug-12-15 9:29 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick on Wednesday denied reports that he and the recently released Aldon Smith had a confrontation at Levi's Stadium last week.
- At 40, Phil Dawson enjoys role as mentor to rookie punter Updated: Aug-11-15 10:17 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - One's the oldest on the team by a long shot at 40 and entering his 17th NFL season. The other is a poised rookie and the 49ers' youngest player who just turned 21 in June.
- Former 49ers first-round pick Anthony Davis talks comeback Updated: Aug-11-15 4:39 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Former San Francisco 49ers right tackle Anthony Davis is now talking about an NFL return next year at some point, just two months after he announced his early retirement at age 25 following a head injury last season.
- Eli Harold has quick learning curve on 49ers defense Updated: Aug-09-15 9:11 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Eli Harold came to work Friday morning and was hit quickly with the realization there would be no more easing into his rookie season with the San Francisco 49ers.
- 49ers still getting offense in sync Updated: Aug-08-15 9:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Going into the second week of camp, the San Francisco 49ers are still addressing growing pains on offense.
- 49ers move forward from release of linebacker Aldon Smith Updated: Aug-08-15 2:56 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Aldon Smith's teammates, coaches and everybody else around the San Francisco 49ers kept hoping the star linebacker had matured and moved forward from all the legal issues that overshadowed his young career as one of the NFL's most talented defenders.
- 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith released after latest arrest Updated: Aug-07-15 10:15 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - More than missing one of the game's most menacing pass rushers, the San Francisco 49ers care that Aldon Smith can carry on with a healthy life off the field over the long haul.