- Aldon Smith, Glenn Dorsey hope to play full season Updated: Aug-02-15 10:27 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Two players the San Francisco 49ers could not depend upon last year will be counted on to play big roles this season.
- 49ers deal with loose sod in Levi's Stadium on first day Updated: Aug-02-15 12:50 am
SANTA CLARA, California - It took less than 30 minutes into the San Francisco 49ers' first training camp practice for the Levi's Stadium sod to come up in pieces, also only a couple of hours after the venue hosted a high school all-star game.
- Tomsula begins camp doing things his way, with player input Updated: Aug-02-15 12:15 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula walked through the cafeteria on Day 1 and fist-bumped a chef from across the high counter, then asked another member of the kitchen staff about her family.
- McPhee sees Bears striking fear in opponents Updated: Aug-01-15 7:11 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - Linebacker Pernell McPhee envisions a day when the Chicago Bears strike fear in opposing offenses, and he sees it happening sooner rather than later.
- 49ers rookie Hayne reiterates apology for offensive comments Updated: Aug-01-15 5:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - On the opening day of his first NFL training camp, former Australian rugby league star Jarryd Hayne reiterated how sorry he is for offensive comments last month about Jews that drew criticism from the Anti-Defamation League and others.
- Vernon Davis fired adviser last year who pushed for new deal Updated: Jul-31-15 6:47 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Vernon Davis parted ways with an adviser before last season who had been pushing the 49ers tight end to get pushy for a new contract.
- Early retirement: players call it quits in prime of careers Updated: Jul-30-15 2:53 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Patrick Willis walked away first with a nagging toe injury that kept him from being the dominant All-Pro linebacker of his prime.
- 49ers remove RB Hyde from active/non-football injury list Updated: Jul-29-15 6:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Second-year 49ers running back Carlos Hyde has been elevated to the active roster less than 24 hours after the team announced he was on the active/non-football injury list.
- Man gets 5 years in prison for bathroom brawl at 49ers game Updated: Jul-14-15 10:37 pm
FRESNO, California - A man who pleaded no contest to starting a bathroom brawl at a San Francisco 49ers game has been sentenced to five years in state prison.
- Former 49er Ray McDonald charged with domestic violence Updated: Jul-09-15 6:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Former San Francisco 49er defensive tackle Ray McDonald was charged with domestic violence and false imprisonment in connection with allegations he assaulted his ex-fiancee while she held their 2-month-old child, prosecutors said Thursday.