- NHL teams must consider expansion draft in offseason plans Updated: Jun-27-16 10:54 am
Brad Treliving saw the rules for the expansion draft and immediately was in an advantageous position. The Calgary Flames' general manager needed a goaltender, and with Las Vegas set to harvest the NHL for two of them in a year, his colleagues had incentive to make a move.
- Andrew Shaw excited for fresh start with Canadiens Updated: Jun-25-16 4:08 pm
- Chicago's Patrick Kane wins the Hart Trophy as NHL MVP Updated: Jun-22-16 10:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - After Patrick Kane added three more awards to his overflowing trophy case, he took a moment to appreciate his new place in American hockey history.
- The Latest: Patrick Kane takes home Hart Trophy as NHL MVP Updated: Jun-22-16 9:07 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Latest at the NHL Awards show from the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino (all times EDT):
- Predators open 2016-17 slate with 2 straight against Chicago Updated: Jun-21-16 1:21 pm
- Blackhawks announce 3-year deal with forward Nick Schmaltz Updated: Jun-19-16 7:36 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks agreed to a three-year contract with forward Nick Schmaltz on Sunday.
- Chicago Blackhawks extend affiliation with Rockford IceHogs Updated: Jun-16-16 8:48 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks have extended their affiliation deal with the Rockford IceHogs of American Hockey League through the 2021-22 season.
- Chicago Blackhawks break ground on training facility Updated: Jun-15-16 10:47 pm
CHICAGO - Construction of a new training facility for the Chicago Blackhawks is getting started following a groundbreaking ceremony.
- Hurricanes acquire Teravainen, Bickell from Blackhawks Updated: Jun-15-16 8:56 pm
- Crosby to Daley in another emotional Stanley Cup handoff Updated: Jun-13-16 9:20 am
The decision of who gets to hoist the Stanley Cup in triumph after the team captain is sometimes an easy one, such as when a team has a veteran near the end of his career who hasn't won a championship before.
- Hockey announcer Rosen, historian Verdi earn media honors Updated: Jun-02-16 3:06 pm
- Tom Lysiak, 3-time NHL All-Star, dies of leukemia at age 63 Updated: May-31-16 4:21 pm
Former NHL All-Star Tom Lysiak has died of leukemia at the age of 63.