- Florida court: Injured workers deserve 5 years of help Updated: Jun-09-16 4:51 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - For the second time this year, the Florida Supreme Court ruled that part of the rules put in place for injured workers by the Legislature violated their constitutional rights.
- Court: Florida teen who murdered rival deserves new sentence Updated: Jun-09-16 12:31 pm
TALLAHASSSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court is throwing out the life sentence given to a woman convicted in the bludgeoning death of a 16-year-old rival.
- Sand, surf and gun? Florida's highest court may say yes Updated: Jun-08-16 4:50 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Months after Florida's Republican-controlled Legislature rejected the idea, the state's highest court was urged Wednesday to throw out the three-decade-old law that prohibits openly carrying guns in public.
- Florida Supreme Court considers new death penalty law Updated: Jun-07-16 8:08 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's Supreme Court heard arguments Tuesday on whether the legislature's changes to the state death penalty law can be applied to pending cases.
- Florida Supreme Court to decide if tracks win jackpot Updated: Jun-07-16 5:19 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The future of gambling in the nation's third-largest state is now in the hands of the Florida Supreme Court, which was asked Tuesday to decide whether slot machines can be added to dog and horse tracks across the state.
- Gov. Scott gets split decision over power to pick judges Updated: Jun-03-16 5:57 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court is telling Gov. Rick Scott that he can't pick a new Palm Beach County judge, but the high court did side with the governor on three other judicial appointments.
- New trial for Miami Heat fan mistaken for bank robber Updated: Jun-02-16 1:37 pm