- Rate hikes looming for Florida businesses after court ruling Updated: May-27-16 12:47 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida regulators are being asked to approve a whopping 17.1 percent rate hike in insurance premiums paid by the state's business owners to cover their employees.
- Florida Supreme Court says web-based florist must pay taxes Updated: May-26-16 11:46 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court ruled that the state can impose a sales tax on a web-based florist for flowers sold to out-of-state customers and delivered outside of Florida.
- Court says no to Florida utility charging for drilling plan Updated: May-19-16 6:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's highest court on Thursday told state regulators that it was wrong to let the state's largest utility charge its customers for the cost of an oil and gas drilling project in another state.
- Court will review Florida's 24-hour abortion waiting period Updated: May-05-16 5:54 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court is going to decide whether or not the state's 24-hour waiting period for abortions is unconstitutional.
- Florida Supreme Court considers overturning death sentences Updated: May-05-16 2:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's Supreme Court wrestled with whether an inmate sentenced to death under a system found to be unconstitutional should have his punishment reduced to life in prison, and the lives of nearly 400 other condemned prisoners may depend on the decision.
- New murder trial ordered for Florida woman who kept silent Updated: May-05-16 2:03 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida woman who sat outside her home and said nothing while investigators examined her ex-husband's bullet-ridden body will get a new murder trial after the state Supreme Court ruled Thursday that prosecutors made a mistake by using that silence to help gain a conviction.
- The Latest: Florida Supreme Court weighs death penalty law Updated: May-05-16 10:48 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Latest on the Florida Supreme Court weighing whether death row inmates' sentences should be reduced to life in prison after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled the state's death penalty law was unconstitutional (all times local):