- Branstad approves new state oversight of Medicaid program Updated: May-27-16 4:05 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has signed into law new state oversight of Iowa's Medicaid program under private management.
- Man convicted of killing lawmaker's 2 sisters gets life term Updated: May-26-16 4:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man convicted of killing two sisters of an Iowa state lawmaker was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without parole after a jury deadlocked on whether he should get the death penalty.
- Ex-Iowa lawmaker confirmed to help lead international bank Updated: May-18-16 1:32 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former Iowa lawmaker has been confirmed by the U.S. Senate to help lead an international bank.
- Branstad signs law ending petroleum tank cleanup program Updated: May-16-16 5:53 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A penny-per-gallon gas tax that for more than a quarter-century has funded efforts to clean up underground petroleum tanks near gas stations will end later this year under a measure Gov. Terry Branstad signed into law Monday.
- Branstad signs bill into law reducing some prison sentencing Updated: May-12-16 4:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa inmates convicted of certain drug offenses and serving mandatory minimum sentences may get less time in prison under a bill signed into law Thursday that advocates say will also reduce the disproportionate number of minorities in the state's criminal justice system.
- Iowa court rules against attempt to reclassify marijuana Updated: May-11-16 2:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Court of Appeals has shot down an activist's attempt to reclassify marijuana in the state.
- DHS director defends decision over money for disabled people Updated: May-10-16 3:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The head of a state department on Tuesday said he didn't spend $750,000 on a disability program as intended by some Iowa lawmakers because his agency received unclear language in a budget bill about how to use the money.
- Iowa law requires background checks for Uber, Lyft drivers Updated: May-09-16 12:16 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has signed a bill into law that creates new statewide rules for ride-hailing companies such as Uber and Lyft to do business in Iowa.
- Governor appoints new member to Iowa Board of Regents Updated: May-06-16 5:57 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has appointed a physician and business executive to the Iowa Board of Regents, replacing a board member who abruptly resigned last week.
- Courtside seats at Iowa State games are a perk for lawmakers Updated: May-06-16 3:20 pm
Tickets to Iowa State men's basketball games were hard to land for Cyclones' fans this year, but they were easier for one group: legislators being entertained by University President Steven Leath.
- Jury convicts Ron Paul aides of campaign finance violations Updated: May-05-16 3:38 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Three campaign advisers to 2012 presidential candidate Ron Paul were convicted Thursday in a federal case alleging they conspired to cover up the campaign's payments to a former Iowa state senator who had agreed to endorse their boss.
- Branstad, Democrats criticize each other on water quality Updated: May-02-16 12:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad and Democratic lawmakers are blaming each other for failing to pass legislation on water quality initiatives.
- Branstad says he supports budget language on agency salaries Updated: May-02-16 12:04 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad says he supports new language in a budget bill requiring state agencies to be more transparent about using infrastructure money on employee salaries.
- Lawmakers agree budget; Planned Parenthood funding survives Updated: Apr-29-16 8:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Legislature on Friday adjourned its 2016 session with agreement over a roughly $7.35 billion budget, following days of private meetings that ultimately stopped an attempt by GOP lawmakers to remove state funding for Planned Parenthood.