- Man wanted in W. Virginia homicides captured in Virginia Updated: Nov-28-15 2:59 pm
MARLINTON, West Virginia - A man that police consider a person of interest in the deaths of two people in West Virginia was captured Saturday in Virginia after a 2 1/2 hour standoff with law enforcement that ended when officials coaxed him to toss his guns out of his car before hitting him with a stun gun and taking him into custody, the sheriff said Saturday.
- Heat of hunter's fire breaks boulder; it falls, killing him Updated: Nov-24-15 10:53 am
WHARTON, West Virginia - A hunter died when heat from his fire broke apart a massive overhanging boulder, tumbling on the man and nearly killing his neighbor as well, West Virginia State Police said Tuesday.
- Patrols upped along Huntington-Charleston stretch of I-64 Updated: Nov-21-15 10:46 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Increased police patrols along Interstate 64 from Huntington to Charleston are aimed at reducing what law enforcement officials call a spike in traffic crashes and unsafe driving.
- Former West Virginia trooper faces arson trial Updated: Nov-19-15 3:03 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A former West Virginia state trooper will go on trial Feb. 2 on charges that he arranged to have his mobile home burned down.
- West Virginia State Police plans to carry life-saving drug Updated: Nov-16-15 4:54 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police says troopers will begin to carry a life-saving drug that reverses the effects of opioid overdoses
- Police say Bluefield High student brought gun to school Updated: Nov-05-15 7:39 am
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - State police say a Bluefield High School student brought an unloaded handgun to the school.