- More Tenn. lawmakers come out against gas tax hike in 2016 Updated: Sep-01-15 5:00 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Add the chairman of the state Senate transportation committee to the list of opponents of raising Tennessee's gas tax in 2016.
- House, Senate speakers at odds over gas tax increase in 2016 Updated: Aug-13-15 4:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - While Gov. Bill Haslam is traveling the state seeking to draw attention to transportation funding needs facing Tennessee, top legislative Republicans are at odds about whether to even consider a gas tax hike in 2016.
- Correction: House-Special Election story Updated: Aug-13-15 11:26 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - In a story Aug. 12 about a special election for a House seat in Knox County, The Associated Press reported erroneously the impact of Karen Carson's defeat on the governor's proposal to extend health coverage to low-income residents. Her defeat means Republicans facing re-election are less likely to support the plan, not likely to support it.
- Website of Tennessee Legislature wins Online Democracy Award Updated: Aug-07-15 4:16 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee General Assembly's website has won the 2015 Online Democracy Award from the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Former lawmaker, sons indicted in $18 million fraud scheme Updated: Aug-06-15 4:06 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A former Tennessee legislator and his two sons have been charged in a federal indictment with defrauding customers of their gold and silver business of more than $18 million.