- Christie vetoes New Jersey gender-equality legislation Updated: May-02-16 6:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie on Monday rejected legislation tightening requirements that New Jersey employers pay workers doing the same job equally, regardless of gender.
- Christie vetoes bill supporting windmills off Atlantic City Updated: May-02-16 4:36 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a bill supporting a proposed windmill farm off the coast of Atlantic City.
- Casinos call for vote on Atlantic City aid, takeover bills Updated: Apr-29-16 1:09 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City's casinos, saying they are "on the edge of the abyss," want an immediate vote on bills in the state Legislature that would help the casinos and let the state take over the city's finances.
- Supreme Court rules fired dispatcher should get new trial Updated: Apr-29-16 4:12 am
BRIDGEWATER, New Jersey - New Jersey's Supreme Court says a former dispatcher who says she was discriminated against because she refused to work the midnight shift should get a new trial on her claims that she was unfairly terminated.
- Christie: My wife wasn't rolling her eyes - I would know Updated: Apr-28-16 4:13 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says his wife was not rolling her eyes at Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump when he said Hillary Clinton would not win so many votes if she were a man.
- Bridge case defendant wants Gov. Chris Christie's cellphone Updated: Apr-28-16 3:57 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A lawyer for one of the former allies of Gov. Chris Christie accused in the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case says he wants access to the governor's cellphone.
- Lawmakers call on Christie to back Port Authority bill Updated: Apr-27-16 6:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Democratic lawmakers from New Jersey and New York are calling on Republican Gov. Chris Christie to sign a measure overhauling the powerful bistate agency that oversees the regions airports, bridges and tunnels.
- Leaders discussed ouster of New Jersey Assembly speaker Updated: Apr-27-16 6:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey Democratic party official says leaders have discussed the possibility of ousting the speaker of the Assembly.
- Christie says New York joins New Jersey drug monitor program Updated: Apr-26-16 2:37 pm
ENGLEWOOD, New Jersey - Calling it the most important expansion yet of a prescription drug monitoring program, Gov. Chris Christie announced on Tuesday that New Jersey and New York will share records on the sales of dangerous drugs.
- Democrats seek to block Christie's gun regulation change Updated: Apr-25-16 9:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers have announced an effort to block Gov. Chris Christie's change to state regulations to make it easier to get a gun permit.
- Christie's Supreme Court pick approved by Senate Updated: Apr-25-16 8:56 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie's nominee for the New Jersey Supreme Court sailed through to final approval on Monday, part of a deal Christie made with the Democratic leader of the state Senate.
- Bill would let Atlantic City end lifeguard pension system Updated: Apr-25-16 3:27 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers have introduced a bill that would no longer require Atlantic City and other local governments to have a pension system for retired lifeguards.
- Washington hires New Jersey consultants for gambling study Updated: Apr-25-16 9:22 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Washington state agency has hired New Jersey consultants to prepare an economic market study on gambling in the state.
- Woman killed after her SUV overturns on New Jersey roadway Updated: Apr-24-16 10:59 am
MILLVILLE, New Jersey - Police say a woman was killed when she was ejected from her vehicle after her SUV overturned along a New Jersey roadway.
- Transportation funding debate steering toward summer Updated: Apr-23-16 10:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could be well into the summer shore season before New Jersey residents and out-of-state drivers have any certainty on whether the state's gas tax is going up to pay for road and bridge work.
- Man faces charges after trying to pull over off-duty trooper Updated: Apr-23-16 10:21 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Authorities say a New Jersey man has been charged with impersonating a public servant after he attempted to pull over an off-duty state trooper.
- Christie highlights state's efforts for drug treatment Updated: Apr-22-16 2:12 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is highlighting his efforts to help drug addicts get treatment with a visit to a treatment coordination center.
- As deficit looms, new NJ Transit director backs out of job Updated: Apr-21-16 12:36 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The man picked to lead New Jersey Transit decided he does not want the job, just days before he was scheduled to start running the nation's third-busiest commuter railroad amid a looming budget deficit.
- The Latest: Christie disappointed transit pick backed out Updated: Apr-21-16 12:34 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The Latest on New Jersey Transit's new director deciding he doesn't want the job. (all times local):
- Christie questions, doesn't shoot down, new road fund idea Updated: Apr-20-16 9:27 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie raised questions Wednesday about the latest Democratic framework to shore up the state fund for road and bridge work but didn't rule out accepting the package.
- Christie returns home from meeting with Trump in Indiana Updated: Apr-20-16 8:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he went to Indianapolis to introduce Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump to Gov. Mike Pence.
- Town official nets free farm in land scheme; pleads guilty Updated: Apr-19-16 6:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A longtime municipal official in southern New Jersey has admitted using his official positions to profit on a proposed land deal that authorities say essentially netted him a free farm.
- Assembly leader won't back eliminating estate tax entirely Updated: Apr-18-16 1:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's Assembly Speaker says he doesn't support completely eliminating the state's tax on deceased residents' estates.
- Military vehicle overturns in New Jersey, hurting 4 soldiers Updated: Apr-14-16 10:06 pm
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - A military vehicle has overturned on the New Jersey Turnpike, seriously injuring four soldiers.
- Suit: Troopers covered up bottle attack near MetLife Stadium Updated: Apr-14-16 5:42 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A New York man has filed a suit accusing New Jersey state troopers of covering up a November 2014 beer bottle attack outside MetLife Stadium that left him with a broken nose and other injuries.