- Ignoring Christie's 'sit down, shut up,' Keady runs again Updated: May-29-16 11:48 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey tavern owner and Superstorm Sandy advocate known because Gov. Chris Christie once told him to sit down and shut up is - once again - ignoring the governor's advice.
- Assembly votes to raise minimum wage to $15 over 5 years Updated: May-26-16 5:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey Assembly on Thursday passed legislation that would raise the state's minimum wage to about $15 an hour over the next five years.
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks Updated: May-26-16 4:59 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Lawmakers in New Jersey have sent a measure to Gov. Chris Christie's desk to ban smoking at public beaches and parks.
- Diamondback terrapins would get protection under state law Updated: May-26-16 3:59 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Lawmakers have passed a measure to protect a native New Jersey turtle known for living in salty marshes along the coast and sometimes falling victim to auto traffic during busy summer months.
- Former Cuomo counsel to serve as Port Authority vice chair Updated: May-26-16 2:56 pm
NEW YORK - A former member of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's staff will take over as the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's vice chairman, the highest New York-appointed position on the powerful bistate agency.
- 2 new casinos near NYC could save, or destroy, Atlantic City Updated: May-26-16 11:53 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Two new casinos proposed for northern New Jersey near New York City could save, or destroy, Atlantic City, panelists at a major casino conference said Thursday.
- The Latest: Wall Street shares AC's casino expansion concern Updated: May-26-16 11:15 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on the debate over expanding casinos into northern New Jersey, near New York City (all times local):
- Under bill, engineers can't operate trains if license pulled Updated: May-25-16 5:47 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A top state lawmaker said Wednesday he will push for a vote this week on legislation that would prevent engineers from operating trains if their driver's licenses are revoked or suspended for drunken driving violations.
- Port Authority working on new 10-year capital plan Updated: May-24-16 5:28 pm
FAIR LAWN, New Jersey - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - which has several multibillion-dollar projects, including a new bus terminal, in progress or at the starting gate - has scrapped a 10-year capital plan that left out the bus terminal.
- New Jersey set to try again on beach, park smoking bans Updated: May-24-16 3:42 pm
BELMAR, New Jersey - Measures to restrict smoking at public beaches and ban it entirely at parks are scheduled for a vote in the New Jersey Legislature.
- Despite money woes, Atlantic City's attractions still open Updated: May-24-16 12:10 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has been in the news for all the wrong reasons lately, with words like "bankruptcy" ''crisis" and "broke" figuring prominently.
- Lawmakers address security delays at Newark Liberty airport Updated: May-23-16 5:19 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Help is on the way to address long lines and long wait times for travelers at Newark Liberty Airport on the brink of the summer travel season.
- Christie rejects Port Authority reforms, sending alternative Updated: May-23-16 4:39 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie on Monday rejected New Jersey lawmakers' latest efforts to reform the powerful bistate entity that controls the region's airports, bridges and tunnels. But a key Democratic state senator said it's time to accept an overhaul enacted in New York that Christie supports.
- Election is a year away, yet 2017 governor's race is on Updated: May-21-16 2:44 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Get ready, New Jersey, for more political sniping, increased jockeying on big issues and a jump in the millions of dollars politicians and supporters pour into the races.
- 1 dead in crash of plane that had been missing Updated: May-20-16 6:09 am
WANTAGE, New Jersey - An emergency signal aided in the search for a small plane that had crashed in a wooded area in New Jersey, killing the pilot.
- Trump says fundraiser paid down Christie's campaign debt Updated: May-19-16 9:54 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, New Jersey - Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump says New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has paid off all of his campaign debt from a failed presidential bid with proceeds of a fundraiser.
- Trump comes to financial rescue for Christie, NJ GOP Updated: May-18-16 1:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump is helping dig former rival Chris Christie and the New Jersey Republican Party out of big debt they incurred from the George Washington Bridge scandal and the governor's presidential campaign.
- The Latest: Christie: Revenue estimates down $840M Updated: May-18-16 12:51 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on New Jersey's latest budget revenue projections (all times local):
- Lawmaker calls for hearing on patient assaults at hospital Updated: May-17-16 11:01 pm
PARAMUS, New Jersey - A New Jersey lawmaker on Monday called for a hearing following a report that there's been increasing violence at a hospital, including attacks on mentally ill children, seniors and vulnerable patients.
- Police: Man killed after car overturns on highway Updated: May-14-16 3:44 pm
WALL, New Jersey - Authorities say a man has died after his car overturned after running off the side of the road of the Garden State Parkway.
- High court: Drivers accused of DWI don't have right to jury Updated: May-13-16 2:57 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey Supreme Court says those accused of drunken driving in the state don't have the right to a jury trial.
- Christie to plan early days of possible Trump White House Updated: May-11-16 5:58 pm
WEST TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says as chairman of fellow Republican Donald Trump's White House transition team he will be in charge of assembling a team of people to plan for the first 200 days of the administration and filling 4,000 federal jobs.
- Democrat Patrick Diegnan Jr. sworn in to New Jersey Senate Updated: May-10-16 6:27 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - The newest member of the New Jersey Senate is no stranger to New Jersey politics.
- Bill requiring paid sick leave in New Jersey is stalled Updated: May-09-16 4:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers again stalled a vote on legislation requiring employers to offer paid sick time.
- New Jersey could see over-the-counter contraception Updated: May-07-16 12:33 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Legislation that would permit pharmacists to dispense hormonal contraceptives, like the pill and vaginal rings, advanced in the state Senate this week and similar legislation is pending in the Assembly.