- The Latest: Christie would work with Alito on court picks Updated: Feb-05-16 7:20 pm
SALEM, New Hampshire - The Latest from the 2016 campaign trail with days to go until the New Hampshire primary (all times local):
- Bridge case defendants can subpoena Christie office docs Updated: Feb-05-16 4:35 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The two former allies of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie charged in the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case will get a second chance to force the release of documents from the law firm whose taxpayer-funded 2014 report absolved Christie of blame.
- Snow keeps state troopers in New Jersey busy Updated: Feb-05-16 11:06 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Snow is tapering off in New Jersey after slowing the morning rush and keeping state troopers busy.
- Christie: Rubio as out of place in New Hampshire on abortion Updated: Feb-04-16 6:47 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Thursday that Republican primary voters in New Hampshire "should be concerned" about presidential rival Marco Rubio's position on abortion, suggesting he is out of step with the state's GOP electorate.
- New Jersey attorney general to resign, work for Rutgers Updated: Feb-04-16 3:56 pm
Acting New Jersey Attorney General John J. Hoffman is resigning to take a job as the top lawyer at Rutgers University.
- Court weighs fate of man convicted of pushing wife off cliff Updated: Feb-03-16 2:14 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The state Supreme Court heard arguments on whether a man convicted of killing his wife by pushing her from the cliffs along the Palisades in 1992 should receive a new trial.
- Police seize heroin valued at $2.4M in New Jersey hotel Updated: Feb-03-16 8:04 am
SECAUCUS, New Jersey - New Jersey state troopers and members of the New York Drug Enforcement Task Force say they have seized heroin with a street value of $2.4 million.
- NJ seizing beach behind Christie brother's home Updated: Feb-02-16 1:09 pm
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, New Jersey - One of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's most difficult political fights has ensnared his brother.
- 2 state troopers rescue animals from smoke-filled barn Updated: Feb-02-16 6:00 am
HOPE TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Two New Jersey state troopers rescued more than a dozen farm animals from a smoke-filled barn.
- Delaware rape charge against NJ man dismissed Updated: Feb-01-16 8:20 pm
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- 2011 Christie road repair funding move now center of lawsuit Updated: Jan-28-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - Lawyers warned five years ago that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's decision to take $1.8 billion from a bistate port agency to fix state roads might cause legal problems.
- NJ lawmakers try again on Barnegat Bay pollution limits Updated: Jan-25-16 5:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers are trying again to impose daily limits on the amount of pollutants that can be allowed to wash into the fragile Barnegat Bay.
- State Supreme Court won't review 'Borgata Babes' casino case Updated: Jan-25-16 2:53 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey's highest court says an Atlantic City casino can regulate how much its cocktail waitresses weigh.
- Christie leaves campaign trail as storm bears down at home Updated: Jan-22-16 9:12 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie decided to return home Friday from the Republican presidential campaign trail in New Hampshire as a major snowstorm threatened to drop up to 2 feet of snow on his state and cause coastal flooding.
- Court orders new trial for man convicted of exposing himself Updated: Jan-20-16 5:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey Supreme Court has ordered a new trial for a man convicted of exposing himself to a teenager.
- Assembly speaker outlines plan to address poverty Updated: Jan-20-16 12:21 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Assembly Speaker Vincent Prieto says lawmakers will focus on rolling back poverty in the state in the new legislative session.
- Christie vetoes bill requiring recess for young students Updated: Jan-19-16 5:42 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A bill that would have ensured young school students got 20 minutes a day of recess will not become law in New Jersey.
- Smart gun bill, ban on certain convicts owning guns vetoed Updated: Jan-19-16 5:19 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a pair of gun-related bills Tuesday, one that proposed changing New Jersey's strict requirement that firearm dealers eventually sell only so-called "smart guns" and another measure that would have barred carjackers and other convicts from owning a gun.
- Gov. Christie unveils new ideas, then leaves New Jersey Updated: Jan-16-16 11:08 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie unveiled plans to re-create a state prison as a drug treatment facility and slash the estate tax but immediately left New Jersey for the presidential campaign trail, raising questions about how he'll push for his priorities.
- First woman to serve on New Jersey high court dies Updated: Jan-15-16 12:31 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Marie Garibaldi, the first woman to serve on the New Jersey Supreme Court and the author of an opinion requiring elite social clubs at Princeton University to admit women, has died. She was 81.
- GOP state senator, Christie ally announces retirement Updated: Jan-15-16 9:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Republican state senator who is a member of Gov. Chris Christie's New Jersey presidential leadership team is retiring.
- Disagreement over Port Authority reform continues Updated: Jan-14-16 4:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A long-running effort by New Jersey and New York to pass the same legislation to overhaul the powerful bistate agency that controls the region's airports, bridges and tunnels failed to advance on Thursday.
- Atlantic City casino revenue cut by half over 9 years Updated: Jan-13-16 6:04 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has lost more than half of its casino revenue during the past nine years.
- Christie highlights bipartisanship, dives into pension fight Updated: Jan-12-16 9:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie jumped head first into a fight with state political rivals over pensions despite highlighting his work with the Democratic-controlled Legislature and called for turning a prison into a drug treatment facility during his annual State of the State address Tuesday.