- Arrieta wins 16th straight decision as Cubs beat Brewers 7-2 Updated: Apr-28-16 7:39 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid for a second straight no-hitter was dashed on his fifth pitch. His Wrigley Field scoreless streak ended at 52 2/3 innings.
- Under Clint Hurdle's new plan, Pirates hitting .294 in April Updated: Apr-28-16 5:06 pm
DENVER - Pirates manager Clint Hurdle has found a winning formula - regular rest for his players combined with a few other ingredients.
- Cubs' Kris Bryant injures right ankle running bases Updated: Apr-28-16 4:57 pm
CHICAGO - Kris Bryant of the Chicago Cubs hurt his right ankle while running the bases.
- Story's pursuit of rookie homer record for April on hold Updated: Apr-28-16 3:57 pm
DENVER - One less game in April for Trevor Story. One less opportunity to match - maybe even break - a rookie homer record for the month.
- Arrieta's bid for 2nd straight no-hitter ends on 5th pitch Updated: Apr-28-16 3:55 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid to become the second pitcher to throw consecutive no-hitters has ended with a broken-bat single on his fifth pitch.
- Dodgers radio announcers Monday and Steiner sign new deals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasters Rick Monday and Charley Steiner have signed multi-year deals to continue their 12-year partnership on the team's flagship radio station.
- Cubs C Montero headed to DL; Federowicz called up from Iowa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs catcher Miguel Montero is headed to the 15-day disabled list with lower back tightness.
- Brewers 2B Scooter Gennett to DL with oblique tightness Updated: Apr-28-16 11:11 am
CHICAGO - The Milwaukee Brewers have placed second baseman Scooter Gennett on the 15-day disabled list with right oblique tightness.
- Rockies rally, lose to Pirates 9-8 in 12 innings Updated: Apr-28-16 3:30 am
DENVER - For the second time in four days, the Colorado Rockies roared back from a big deficit only to lose late.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Mercer's double in 12th lifts Pirates over Rockies 9-8 Updated: Apr-28-16 2:45 am
DENVER - Jordy Mercer's defense helped get the game to extra innings and his offense put Pittsburgh over the top.
- Dodgers shut down by Nicolino, Marlins in 2-0 loss Updated: Apr-28-16 2:36 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers' offense is mired in a nasty slump. Miami's Justin Nicolino was just the latest pitcher to take advantage.
- Angels lose Street, but complete sweep of Royals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels lost closer Huston Street because of a pregame injury, and that put a damper on their three-game sweep of the defending World Series champions.
- Nicolino takes 2-hitter into 8th as Marlins beat Dodgers 2-0 Updated: Apr-28-16 2:20 am
LOS ANGELES - Justin Nicolino was excited to get called up to the big leagues earlier this week. He was able to channel that energy into a dominant debut.
- Diamondbacks lose 11-4 to Cardinals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:01 am
PHOENIX - Patrick Corbin had a chance to end St. Louis' rally if he could just get the pitcher out with the bases loaded.
- Cardinals bash past Diamondbacks 11-4 Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 am
PHOENIX - The pitcher's spot in the order came up with the bases loaded in the fifth inning, a critical juncture in what had been a close game.
- Reds hang close again but get swept by Mets Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 am
NEW YORK - Facing the defending National League champions on their home turf was going to be a tough task for Cincinnati.
- Walker's 9th HR helps Mets beat Reds 5-2 to win 6th straight Updated: Apr-28-16 12:15 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets let Daniel Murphy go in free agency this offseason after his power surge last fall propelled them to the World Series.
- Braves' HR drought ends, losing streak doesn't in 9-4 loss Updated: Apr-27-16 11:54 pm
BOSTON - The power-starved Atlanta Braves finally hit one out. Now, they've just got to find a way to start winning some games again.
- Nationals shut out for 1st time this season, 3-0 by Phillies Updated: Apr-27-16 11:40 pm
WASHINGTON - After his team produced only two hits - one of them a bunt - and was shut out for the first time this season, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker was asked whether he might consider making any changes to his batting order.
- Pedroia hits slam and solo HR, Red Sox beat Braves 9-4 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:30 pm
BOSTON - Dustin Pedroia needed a few extra feet for two homers. David Ortiz simply powered the ball around Fenway Park to pass a couple of Boston's baseball legends.
- Jeremy Hellickson pitches Phillies past Harper, Nats 3-0 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Coming off a 99-loss season that made the Philadelphia Phillies the worst club in the majors, manager Pete Mackanin set his sights on a very particular aim in 2016: winning at least as many games as they lose.
- Myers extends his hitting streak to 12 in Padres' loss Updated: Apr-27-16 9:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Wil Myers takes no solace in extending his hitting streak. It's cool, but losing overshadows all that.
- Jake Arrieta waits as Brewers and Cubs postponed by rain Updated: Apr-27-16 8:31 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta will have to wait another day for his chance to match Johnny Vander Meer.
- Belt drives in 5, Giants complete sweep of Padres Updated: Apr-27-16 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Brandon Belt is giving himself credit for a home run in the first inning, even though the wind held up his shot for a sacrifice fly. He had a good day regardless.