- DeGrom frustrated, Mets feeble as Cubs complete 3-game sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Jacob deGrom delivered the most telling blow for the New York Mets.
- Cardinals fire scouting director Correa amid hacking scandal Updated: Jul-02-15 5:32 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals say they have fired scouting director Chris Correa.
- Cain goes 5 innings in 2015 debut as SF loses to Marlins 5-4 Updated: Jul-02-15 5:21 pm
MIAMI - Matt Cain's season debut Thursday came without the hype or souvenir masks accompanying the return of his counterpart, Jose Fernandez.
- Herrera's bunt, blast leads Cubs over feeble Mets for sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Jonathan Herrera and Miguel Montero homered, the Chicago Cubs didn't really need the extra runs.
- Cardinals place OF Jon Jay on 15-day disabled list Updated: Jul-02-15 5:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals placed outfielder Jon Jay on the 15-day disabled list with a left wrist stress reaction and bone bruise, making room on the roster for call-up Tim Cooney to start against the San Diego Padres.
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 4:59 pm
- Fernandez homers in comeback to help Miami beat Giants, 5-4 Updated: Jul-02-15 4:07 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez's comeback required a comeback.
- Phillies place pitcher Aaron Harang on disabled list Updated: Jul-02-15 2:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Phillies have placed right-hander Aaron Harang on the 15-day disabled list because of a foot injury.
- Defense lets down Cardinals in 7-1 loss to White Sox Updated: Jul-02-15 3:11 am
ST. LOUIS - Though it won't show in the box score, defensive breakdowns were critical in both of the St. Louis Cardinals' losses to the Chicago White Sox.
- Quintana paces White Sox to 7-1 win over Cardinals Updated: Jul-02-15 2:57 am
- Hernandez, Anderson lead Dodgers past Diamondbacks, 4-3 Updated: Jul-02-15 2:09 am
- Hernandez, Anderson lead Dodgers past Diamondbacks, 4-3 Updated: Jul-02-15 1:48 am
PHOENIX - Kike Hernandez is one of the seldom-used Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Fister, Nationals handed rare loss from Wisler, Braves, 4-1 Updated: Jul-02-15 1:08 am
ATLANTA - One bad inning was enough to spoil Doug Fister's night and end the Nationals' long streak of dominance over the Braves.
- Rookie Wisler, Braves end drought against Nationals, 4-1 Updated: Jul-02-15 12:59 am
ATLANTA - Rookie Matt Wisler wasn't too worried about walking so many hitters in his third major league start.
- Simon, Chamberlain hit hard as Tigers fall to Pirates 9-3 Updated: Jul-02-15 12:09 am
DETROIT - For the second night in a row, Joba Chamberlain got booed by his home fans Wednesday.
- Giants' Posey leaves game after taking foul ball off mask Updated: Jul-01-15 11:14 pm
MIAMI - San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey left Wednesday's game against the Marlins as a precaution after taking a foul ball off his mask, and said he avoided serious injury.
- Harang struggles again as Phillies fall to Brewers 9-5 Updated: Jul-01-15 11:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Milwaukee Brewers kept swinging and hitting, and Aaron Harang couldn't stop them.
- Lind, Gennett lead Brewers past Phillies 9-5 Updated: Jul-01-15 10:59 pm
- Murphy says he's shocked struggling Padres are so tense Updated: Jul-01-15 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - Pat Murphy has been interim manager of the San Diego Padres for 14 games, enough to form an opinion on the mindset of the struggling club.
- Walker throws 1-hit ball for 6 innings, Mariners top Padres Updated: Jul-01-15 8:18 pm
- Rockies offense shut down again in 4-1 loss to A's Updated: Jul-01-15 8:15 pm
OAKLAND, California - For only the third time this season, the Rockies failed to win a game that Chad Bettis started.
- Mets LF Michael Cuddyer day to day with sore knee, but no DL Updated: Jul-01-15 7:38 pm
NEW YORK - Mets outfielder Michael Cuddyer has been given two shots to relieve discomfort in his left knee but expects to avoid the disabled list.
- Butler leads Hahn, Athletics past Rockies 4-1 Updated: Jul-01-15 7:27 pm
- Cards' Garcia ruled out for Thursday, no DL move expected Updated: Jul-01-15 5:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jaime Garcia has been pushed back again and won't start Thursday for the St. Louis Cardinals because of what the pitcher calls a left groin strain.
- Marlins' Jose Fernandez returns following 13-month layoff Updated: Jul-01-15 5:09 pm
MIAMI - Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez says his long layoff was a life lesson, even if it was lousy for his career.