- Cubs, Pirates postponed after 2 long rain delays Updated: Aug-04-15 1:44 am
PITTSBURGH - A day after needing to leave early because of dizziness, Kris Bryant returned to the Chicago Cubs' lineup.
- Butler struggles, Mariners beat Rockies 8-7 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:28 am
DENVER - Eddie Butler has struggled in his short time with the Colorado Rockies.
- Cruz hits 30th homer, Mariners beat Rockies 8-7 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:22 am
DENVER - Once again, Felix Hernandez came back strong after a loss.
- Cubs, Pirates postponed after 2 long rain delays Updated: Aug-04-15 1:18 am
PITTSBURGH - A.J. Burnett didn't get good news Monday after having an MRI on his ailing elbow. Yet the Pittsburgh right-hander knew it could have been worse.
- Peralta struggles in second start since coming off DL Updated: Aug-04-15 1:08 am
MILWAUKEE - Wily Peralta's second start after spending more than two months on the disabled list with a strained oblique didn't go nearly as well as the first.
- Solarte's two homers lift Padres to 13-5 rout of Brewers Updated: Aug-04-15 12:47 am
MILWAUKEE - The San Diego Padres got production throughout their batting order, including two homers by Yangervis Solarte, to rout the Brewers.
- Giants blow leads in 9-8, 12-inning loss to Braves Updated: Aug-04-15 12:38 am
ATLANTA - Brandon Crawford felt confident that the San Francisco Giants were about to wrap up another victory and head to the hotel early.
- Koehler struggles again in Marlins' 12-1 loss to Mets Updated: Aug-04-15 12:35 am
MIAMI - Tom Koehler struggled again against the New York Mets.
- Braves keep rallying, Garcia HR in 12th beats Giants 9-8 Updated: Aug-04-15 12:14 am
ATLANTA - For a 30-year-old rookie prone to timely hits, Adonis Garcia is making his new teammates glad to have him aboard.
- Cespedes hits 3 doubles, Mets top Marlins, take NL East lead Updated: Aug-04-15 12:03 am
MIAMI - The New York Mets acquired Yoenis Cespedes last week, hoping he would be a big hit in the middle of their lineup.
- Godley's fine start continues, D'backs beat Nats 6-4 Updated: Aug-03-15 10:24 pm
- Bryant returns to Cubs' lineup Updated: Aug-03-15 10:20 pm
PITTSBURGH - Rookie third baseman Kris Bryant was back in the Chicago Cubs' lineup on Monday night against the Pittsburgh Pirates, a day after leaving a win at Milwaukee when he felt woozy following a headfirst slide into second base.
- Rockies RHP Gray to make MLB debut Updated: Aug-03-15 9:50 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies are about to introduce a top prospect a week after trading the face of the franchise.
- Cubs call up OF Matt Szczur, designate pitcher Richard Updated: Aug-03-15 7:07 pm
- Pirates' Burnett hopes to pitch again this season Updated: Aug-03-15 5:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates right-hander A.J. Burnett is hopeful of pitching again this season after an MRI on his pitching elbow revealed a strained flexor tendon rather than a torn ligament.
- 1B/OF Michael Morse joins Pirates 3 days after trade Updated: Aug-03-15 4:26 pm
- Contending teams can never have too many relievers Updated: Aug-03-15 3:18 am
The Kansas City Royals made it look all so easy in 2014. With their bullpen trio of Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Greg Holland, the Royals were almost unbeatable when they had the lead in the seventh inning or later.
- Zimmermann gives up 3 quick HRs; Nats get swept by Mets, 5-2 Updated: Aug-03-15 1:44 am
- Mets hit 3 homers in 5 pitches to sweep Nationals, 5-2 Updated: Aug-03-15 1:05 am
NEW YORK - As the clock ticked past 11 p.m. and "Moondance" by Van Morrison practically wafted through the ballpark, young children ran around the bases as part of a family-friendly promotion normally reserved for Sunday afternoons.
- Angels lose 6th straight, 5-3 to Dodgers in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sputtering Angels are in their worst funk of the season, and the Dodgers didn't do anything to help them out of it.
- Cubs beat Brewers 4-3 to finish 4-game sweep; Bryant hurt Updated: Aug-02-15 9:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - Kris Bryant left the game feeling a little woozy. Hector Rondon nearly squandered a three-run lead in the ninth inning. Joe Maddon got ejected.
- Ethier's 2 HRs help Dodgers beat Angels 5-3 in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Andre Ethier always wanted to be the guy who made the game-winning 3-pointer or catch the game-winning touchdown pass in the end zone as time expired. In baseball, his only chance at sudden death is a walkoff home run - which he has done six times in his major league career.
- Rockies road trip ends with another 1-run loss Updated: Aug-02-15 8:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Walt Weiss has had his fill of one-run losses on this road trip.
- Conforto back with Mets; Nieuwenhuis placed on 15-day DL Updated: Aug-02-15 7:53 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Conforto's minor league assignment lasted all of one day.
- Brewers' bats scuffle, Lohse struggles in 4-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-02-15 7:47 pm
MILWAUKEE - Scoring runs was an issue for the Milwaukee Brewers even before trade deadline deals left them turning to backups to fill huge holes in the lineup.