- Reds call up Duvall, Lorenzen from Triple-A Louisville Updated: Aug-31-15 7:54 pm
CHICAGO - After placing outfielder Brennan Boesch on the disabled list with an ankle contusion late Sunday, the Cincinnati Reds promoted outfielder/infielder Adam Duvall from Triple-A Louisville on Monday.
- Cards' Martinez scratched from Tuesday start with sore back Updated: Aug-31-15 7:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Carlos Martinez has been scratched from his scheduled start on Tuesday with a sore back.
- Braves move Miller up a day to start for ill Foltynewicz Updated: Aug-31-15 7:42 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves have moved Shelby Miller into Mike Foltynewicz's rotation spot for Monday night's game against the Miami Marlins.
- Playoff-hopeful Cubs get OF Austin Jackson from Seattle Updated: Aug-31-15 7:42 pm
- Fan's death at Braves game raises stadium safety questions Updated: Aug-31-15 5:16 pm
ATLANTA - The death of a longtime Braves season-ticket holder raises questions about the height of guard rails at the team's new stadium that is to open in 2017.
- NYC's first fan: A ballgame with Mayor Bill de Blasio Updated: Aug-31-15 6:27 am
NEW YORK - He sat in the upper deck, basically unrecognized amid a sea of happy baseball fans. He let out a cheer when the best hitter on his favorite team smoked a home run and diligently scanned the out-of-town scoreboard to consider playoff implications. And he waited his turn in the long Citi Field men's room line, just one more fan spending a hot summer day watching the Mets and the Red Sox play.
- Flores helps Mets surge in fascinating deadline postscript Updated: Aug-31-15 2:57 am
For the New York Mets, August has been like a dream, and nothing sums up their charmed life better than the saga of Wilmer Flores.
- After coming so close, Arrieta notches his 1st no-hitter Updated: Aug-31-15 2:48 am
LOS ANGELES - Jake Arrieta had been building toward this moment. He'd come achingly close to holding opponents hitless three times last year in a breakout season with the Chicago Cubs.
- Arrieta pitches no-hitter for Cubs in 2-0 win over Dodgers Updated: Aug-31-15 1:23 am
LOS ANGELES - Even after pitching his first career no-hitter, Jake Arrieta wasn't too big to wear his PJs.
- Dodgers no-hit for 2nd time in 10 days with 2-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-31-15 1:11 am
LOS ANGELES - This isn't how the Los Angeles Dodgers wanted to go into a crucial three-game series against the second-place Giants.
- LEADING OFF: Giants, Dodgers face off; Salazar back from bug Updated: Aug-30-15 11:35 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Monday:
- Jake Arrieta of Cubs working on no-hitter against Dodgers Updated: Aug-30-15 10:42 pm
- Switch-pitcher Venditte gets 1st win, A's top D-backs in 11 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:33 pm
PHOENIX - A frigid beer shower never felt better to Pat Venditte, the switch-pitcher's reward for his first major league win at age 30.
- Closer Ziegler falters in 11th, A's top Diamondbacks 7-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:11 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona manager Chip Hale couldn't hide his frustration after the Diamondbacks finished a 1-6 homestand that dropped them four games under .500.
- Byrd has big day in Giants' 7-5 loss to Cardinals Updated: Aug-30-15 9:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Marlon Byrd said there was only one way he could have enjoyed his 38th birthday more.
- Cubs don 1-piece pajamas at end of West Coast trip Updated: Aug-30-15 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - With the Cubs wrapping up a six-game West Coast trip, it was time for manager Joe Maddon to break out the pajamas.
- Yankees ride trio of 2-out HRs to 20-6 runaway over Braves Updated: Aug-30-15 7:54 pm
ATLANTA - New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi says baseball "has a way of evening out."
- Braves' woes continue in 'demoralizing' 20-6 loss to Yankees Updated: Aug-30-15 7:47 pm
ATLANTA - A Braves team that was at .500 through 84 games has since been in a downward slide that gained speed with three straight losses to the Yankees.
- Marlins jump to early lead, but fall 7-4 to Nationals Updated: Aug-30-15 7:39 pm
WASHINGTON - With his team long out of contention and slugger Giancarlo Stanton nearing his return, Marlins manager Dan Jennings is embracing his team's role as spoilers in the NL East playoff race.
- Carpenter, Moss, Reynolds homer as Cardinals beat Giants 7-5 Updated: Aug-30-15 7:32 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Matt Carpenter, Brandon Moss and Mark Reynolds all hit home runs, Yadier Molina drove in two and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the San Francisco Giants 7-5 on Sunday.
- Lamb impressive despite loss to Brewers Updated: Aug-30-15 7:02 pm
- Ortiz passes Gehrig on HR chart, Red Sox lose 5-4 to Mets Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - David Ortiz got a good, close-up look at the New York Mets' young rotation this weekend and was impressed.
- NL East-leading Mets get reliever Addison Reed from Arizona Updated: Aug-30-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - The NL East-leading New York Mets acquired reliever Addison Reed from Arizona for two minor league pitchers Sunday, completing a trade they hope will bolster their late-inning bullpen.
- Nationals' Strasburg exits with upper back tightness Updated: Aug-30-15 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg left Sunday's game against the Miami Marlins after four innings with upper back tightness, but hopes to be ready for his next start.
- Braun, Peralta lead Brewers past Reds Updated: Aug-30-15 6:35 pm
MILWAUKEE - After a poor start in his last game, Wily Peralta insisted he'd rebound in his next outing.