- RHP Mat Latos agrees to $3M, 1-year deal with White Sox Updated: Feb-09-16 4:16 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos has agreed to a $3 million, one-year contract with the Chicago White Sox, giving manager Robin Ventura another option for the back end of his rotation.
- Skip Schumaker and Padres agree to minor league contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:56 pm
SAN DIEGO - Skip Schumaker has agreed to a minor league contract with the San Diego Padres and will be invited to big league spring training.
- Clippard, Diamondbacks agree to $12.25M, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-08-16 11:41 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever Tyler Clippard agreed Monday to a $12.25 million, two-year contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks, who also settled their arbitration case with A.J. Pollock by giving the All-Star outfielder a $10.25 million, two-year deal.
- Mets sign outfielder Bernadina to minor league contract Updated: Feb-08-16 5:34 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets have signed outfielder Roger Bernadina to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
- 2016 Ride the Rockies to go from Carbondale to Fort Collins Updated: Feb-08-16 10:46 am
DENVER - The 2016 Ride the Rockies route will take cyclists 403 miles from Carbondale to Fort Collins.
- Arrieta, Cubs agree at $10.7M, AP source says Updated: Feb-06-16 12:42 am
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta and the Chicago Cubs found a number that worked in the canyon between their arbitration proposals.
- Reds outfield prospect Duran suspended for positive test Updated: Feb-05-16 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds outfield prospect Juan Duran has been suspended for the first 80 games of the season under Major League Baseball's drug program following a positive test for three performance-enhancing substances.
- Hoover beats Reds in arbitration, improving players to 2-0 Updated: Feb-05-16 4:07 pm
PHOENIX - Reliever J.J. Hoover has won his salary arbitration case against the Cincinnati Reds, improving players to 2-0 against teams this year.
- David Aardsma agrees to minor league contract with Blue Jays Updated: Feb-05-16 11:42 am
Pitcher David Aardsma has agreed to a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and will report to big league spring training.
- Fernando Rodney and Padres finalize $2 million, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-04-16 9:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - Reliever Fernando Rodney and the San Diego Padres completed their $2 million, one-year contract on Thursday.
- Kendrick and Dodgers finalize $20 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers finalized their $20 million, two-year contract with free-agent Howie Kendrick on Thursday, bringing back the second baseman in part because of his willingness to play multiple positions.
- Marlins sign infielder Don Kelly to minor league deal Updated: Feb-04-16 6:52 pm
MIAMI - Infielder Don Kelly has signed a minor league contract with the Miami Marlins, with an invitation to major league spring training.
- Orioles get RHP Despaigne from Padres for minor leaguer Updated: Feb-04-16 3:17 pm
- Cespedes says staying with Mets always was his preference Updated: Feb-03-16 8:39 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes says he chose happiness over more dollars.
- Mets willing to consider long-term deals for young pitchers Updated: Feb-03-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Now that most of this offseason's business is complete, the New York Mets may turn their attention to long-term deals for the hard-throwing young starting pitchers who helped the team reach the World Series last year for the first time since 2000.
- Familia and Mets agree to $4.1 million, 1-year contract Updated: Feb-03-16 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets settled their last salary arbitration case, agreeing to a $4.1 million, one-year contract with closer Jeurys Familia.
- Expected rebuild will still test patience of Brewers owner Updated: Feb-03-16 6:39 pm
MILWAUKEE - Brewers owner Mark Attanasio talks to his general manager like a fan whenever his rebuilding club makes another move.
- Pirates acquire former first-round pick Biddle from Phillies Updated: Feb-03-16 2:30 pm
- Dodgers hire Maddux and Ibanez as special assistants Updated: Feb-02-16 6:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers have hired Hall of Fame pitcher Greg Maddux and 19-year veteran Raul Ibanez as special assistants to Andrew Friedman in the team's front office.
- Brendan Ryan agrees to minor league deal with Nats Updated: Feb-02-16 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Infielder Brendan Ryan has agreed to a minor league contact with the Washington Nationals and will report to big league spring training.
- Mets trade outfielder Darrell Ceciliani to Toronto Blue Jays Updated: Feb-02-16 3:13 pm
- Reliever George Kontos, Giants agree to $1.15M, 1-year deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Reliever George Kontos and the San Francisco Giants have agreed to a $1.15 million, one-year contract, avoiding salary arbitration.
- Braves' Foltynewicz continues recovery from blood clots Updated: Feb-01-16 4:39 pm
ATLANTA - Braves right-hander Mike Foltynewicz said Monday he hopes to be cleared this week to throw off a mound as he continues his recovery from life-threatening blood clots in his right shoulder.
- Arizona sending Milwaukee $6.5 million as part of Hill trade Updated: Feb-01-16 2:32 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks are giving the Brewers $6.5 million as part of the trade that sent infielder Aaron Hill and right-handed starter Chase Anderson and infielder Aaron Hill to Milwaukee for shortstop Jean Segura and righty Tyler Wagner.
- Driving to Dodger Stadium? Take the new Vin Scully Avenue Updated: Jan-30-16 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Driving to Dodger Stadium? From now on, take Vin Scully Avenue.