- Man who landed gyrocopter at the US Capitol rejects deal Updated: Jun-22-15 1:28 pm
WASHINGTON - A man who flew a gyrocopter through some of America's most restricted airspace before landing outside the U.S. Capitol said Monday that he's rejected a plea deal that would have involved several years in prison.
- USPS employee in SD indicted on theft of mail charge Updated: Jun-21-15 10:53 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - An employee of the U.S. Postal Service in western South Dakota has been indicted on a theft of mail charge.
- Police: Man wearing US Postal Service jacket robs bank Updated: Jun-19-15 4:34 am
BARRINGTON, Rhode Island - Police in Rhode Island are asking for the public's assistance in identifying a man who they say robbed a bank while wearing a U.S. Postal Service jacket.
- 3 postal workers accused of rigging Operation Santa program Updated: Jun-17-15 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Three postal workers played the Grinch and stole laptop computers, a toy train, boots and other gifts destined for underprivileged children by rigging the Operation Santa program where they worked, authorities said.
- Letter carrier saves the mail from flaming truck Updated: Jun-06-15 1:03 am
BATTLE GROUND, Washington - "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night" nor, apparently, a flaming truck managed to deter one letter carrier from saving her mail.
- Appeals court upholds temporary hike in postal rate Updated: Jun-05-15 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court has upheld a temporary rate hike in the price of sending mail, but says the U.S. Postal Service can't make the increase permanent.
- Elvis Presley's image to be placed on postal stamp Updated: Jun-03-15 1:12 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Postal officials say an image of rock 'n' roll icon Elvis Presley is being placed on a "forever" stamp as part of the U.S. Postal Service's music icon series.
- Springfield mail center to remain open for now Updated: May-31-15 5:04 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The U.S. Postal Service is postponing plans to close a Springfield mail processing center.