- US senator calls for investigation of cruise ship in storm Updated: Feb-09-16 4:17 am
MIAMI - Federal transportation officials might soon be looking into a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that ran into high winds and rough seas in the Atlantic Ocean over the weekend.
- Amtrak engineer recalls opening throttle before fatal crash Updated: Feb-01-16 11:32 pm
WASHINGTON - The last thing Amtrak engineer Brandon Bostian remembers before last May's fatal crash in Philadelphia is pushing the throttle forward to pick up speed and then braking when he felt the train going too fast into a sharp curve, according to a transcript of his interview with federal accident investigators.
- NTSB: Amtrak engineer in fatal crash 'extremely cooperative' Updated: Feb-01-16 1:44 pm
- Officials: Pilot killed in plane crash in southwestern Ohio Updated: Jan-27-16 4:15 am
XENIA, Ohio - Federal authorities say the pilot of a small plane died in a crash in southwestern Ohio.
- NTSB: Ice protection not on when plane crashed into house Updated: Jan-20-16 5:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The ice protection system was not activated on a business jet that crashed into a Maryland house, killing six people, even though the air temperature was near freezing, according to a federal safety investigation released Wednesday.
- Officials say ice led to Oklahoma medical helicopter crash Updated: Jan-19-16 3:14 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - Federal accident investigators have released a report saying that ice is to blame for a fatal medical helicopter crash in Oklahoma City three years ago.
- NTSB: Excessive speed likely caused fatal Delaware bus crash Updated: Jan-15-16 7:09 pm
Excessive speed and lack of traffic signs warning of an approaching curve were likely the causes of a 2014 tour bus crash in Delaware that killed three people and injured dozens, according to a federal report released Friday.
- NTSB: Plane was destroyed after hitting Anchorage building Updated: Jan-13-16 2:57 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The National Transportation Safety Board says wreckage from a small airplane that struck a downtown Anchorage building last month was incinerated in the post-crash fire.