- NTSB: No clear cause of fatal Tennessee plane crash Updated: Jun-23-16 12:29 pm
COLLEGEDALE, Tennessee - The National Transportation Safety Board has released its preliminary report on a Tennessee plane crash that killed three.
- NTSB releases preliminary report about Wishek plane crash Updated: Jun-22-16 7:05 pm
WISHEK, North Dakota - The National Transportation Safety Board has released a preliminary report about a plane crash that killed the 20-year-old pilot and two others.
- FBI: No national security threat in 2015 Alaska plane crash Updated: Jun-20-16 8:05 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The FBI says there was no threat to national security when a pilot crashed a small airplane into office buildings in the downtown area of Alaska's largest city late last year.
- Plane flown by teenager may have stalled before fatal crash Updated: Jun-16-16 5:18 pm
ORANGE, Virginia - A flight expert says a small plane flown by a 16-year-old may have stalled before it plummeted to the ground, killing the teenager.
- Small plane crashes in southern Colorado, killing 3 Updated: Jun-16-16 2:34 pm
CREEDE, Colorado - A small plane that might have had mechanical problems crashed in a remote area of southern Colorado, killing three people, authorities said.
- 1 person killed, 1 injured in Southern Illinois plane crash Updated: Jun-11-16 6:40 pm
MARION, Illinois - One person was killed and another is listed in critical condition after a single-engine plane crashed at a Southern Illinois airport.
- NTSB: 3rd landing attempt waved off by pilot in Texas crash Updated: Jun-10-16 5:41 pm
HOUSTON - The pilot of a plane that crashed near a Houston airport halted a third attempt to land just before it plummeted to the ground, killing all three inside, the National Transportation Safety Board said Friday.
- The Latest: Friend: 3 victims were husband, wife, brother Updated: Jun-10-16 3:37 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on the small plane crash in Houston (all times local):
- Experts blame Houston Ship Channel pilot for 2015 collision Updated: Jun-09-16 4:36 pm
HOUSTON - Federal safety experts say errors by a Houston Ship Channel pilot likely caused the 2015 collision between two 600-foot vessels that led to a chemical spill.
- Investigators: Pilot error caused fatal crash into Md. house Updated: Jun-07-16 3:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Pilot error caused a private jet to crash into a house in suburban Maryland, killing a woman and two of her young children along with the pilot and two passengers, federal investigators said Tuesday.
- NTSB schedules mission to retrieve El Faro's 'black box' Updated: Jun-06-16 6:26 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Investigators are launching a new effort next month to retrieve the "black box" of a freighter that sank last October with 33 crew members on board.
- Family sues Amtrak over death of rail worker struck by train Updated: Jun-02-16 2:36 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A lawyer filing suit over a fatal Amtrak crash blamed a "colossal miscommunication" for the deaths of two rail workers killed when a train traveling 106 mph struck a backhoe on the same track.
- NTSB says pilot error largely caused triple fatal air crash Updated: Jun-02-16 11:59 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - The National Transportation Safety Board says pilot error was the probable cause of a triple-fatal collision between a helicopter and a small plane near Frederick Municipal Airport in October 2014.
- Feds: Skydiving plane was 150 feet high before fatal crash Updated: Jun-01-16 5:11 pm
HANAPEPE, Hawaii - Witnesses who saw a Kauai skydiving tour plane crash told investigators it was 150 feet in the air when it made a sudden right turn, descended and hit the ground.
- Report: Pilot who crashed in Colorado may have been hypoxic Updated: Jun-01-16 1:20 pm
DENVER - Investigators say an air traffic controller believes a pilot who fatally crashed his plane in eastern Colorado may have been oxygen-deprived.
- Investigation underway after small plane crash in Maine lake Updated: Jun-01-16 11:11 am
WESTON, Maine - An investigation is underway after a pilot of a small plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Brackett Lake in Maine.
- The Latest: Pilot who crashed in Hudson honored at ceremony Updated: May-28-16 4:21 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the fatal crash of a vintage World War II plane into the Hudson River between New York and New Jersey (all times local):
- NTSB: No specific cause behind fatal Tupelo plane crash Updated: May-28-16 2:57 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board into a plane crash in Mississippi that killed four people does not point to a specific cause for the crash and says the pilot reported smoke in the cockpit shortly after taking off.
- NTSB: No specific cause behind fatal Tupelo plane crash Updated: May-28-16 2:36 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board into a plane crash that killed four people does not point to a specific cause for the crash and says the pilot reported smoke in the cockpit shortly after taking off.
- Investigators say failed engine caused Wyoming plane crash Updated: May-27-16 4:03 am
POWELL, Wyoming - Federal investigators have determined that a plane crash near Cody that killed four people last year was likely caused by a failed engine.