- The Latest: Pilot who crashed in Hudson honored at ceremony Updated: May-28-16 4:21 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the fatal crash of a vintage World War II plane into the Hudson River between New York and New Jersey (all times local):
- NTSB: No specific cause behind fatal Tupelo plane crash Updated: May-28-16 2:57 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board into a plane crash in Mississippi that killed four people does not point to a specific cause for the crash and says the pilot reported smoke in the cockpit shortly after taking off.
- NTSB: No specific cause behind fatal Tupelo plane crash Updated: May-28-16 2:36 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board into a plane crash that killed four people does not point to a specific cause for the crash and says the pilot reported smoke in the cockpit shortly after taking off.
- El Faro's loss described as 'colossal' management failure Updated: May-27-16 5:18 pm
A second round of U.S. Coast Guard investigative hearings into the sinking of the freighter El Faro ended Friday, closing a sometimes contentious proceeding during which the disaster was characterized by one investigator as "a colossal failure" of management before he apologized and took back the comment.
- Investigators say failed engine caused Wyoming plane crash Updated: May-27-16 4:03 am
POWELL, Wyoming - Federal investigators have determined that a plane crash near Cody that killed four people last year was likely caused by a failed engine.
- Feds blame pilot error, lack of oversight in Marine's death Updated: May-25-16 8:41 pm
PHOENIX - Federal investigators blame the Marine Corps, the Air Force and the pilot and operator of a privately-owned military jet for the death of a Marine killed last year when the jet crashed into his truck in Arizona.
- Preliminary report on Mesa crash cites noises, lack of power Updated: May-24-16 11:04 am
MESA, Arizona - A preliminary report indicates a single-engine plane may have been experiencing engine trouble before it crashed May 17 at a Phoenix-area airport, killing the two people aboard.
- Ninth person dies following charter bus crash in South Texas Updated: May-20-16 11:32 pm
LAREDO, Texas - Officials say a ninth person has died after being injured in the crash of a charter bus in South Texas last weekend.
- Amtrak victims: Investigative findings hard to believe Updated: May-18-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Victims of last year's deadly Amtrak derailment aren't buying the findings of federal investigators that the train's engineer likely lost his bearings because he was distracted by an incident with a nearby train.
- The Latest: Investigator says plane dropped debris on runway Updated: May-17-16 5:23 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Latest on a plane crash in Mississippi that killed four people (all times local):
- The Latest: Survivors question findings on 2015 Amtrak crash Updated: May-17-16 1:29 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the investigation into last year's deadly Amtrak derailment in Philadelphia (all times local):
- NTSB report details pilot's escape from fiery plane crash Updated: May-17-16 9:22 am
FOLEY, Alabama - Federal investigators say a pilot who walked away from a fiery crash in southern Alabama escaped the burning wreckage through a rear exit, landing on his back as he hit the ground.
- Report: Plane that crashed in North Little Rock lost power Updated: May-17-16 8:25 am
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A preliminary report says a small airplane that crashed at the North Little Rock airport, killing a flight instructor, may have lost engine power.
- The Latest: Highway to be closed for bus crash investigation Updated: May-16-16 9:44 pm
LAREDO, Texas - The Latest on a deadly charter bus crash north of Laredo, Texas (all times local):
- Oldest Amtrak survivor faces life and limits after crash Updated: May-15-16 2:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Aaron Levine didn't feel like a miracle.
- Vegas stunt plane was with 2 other planes before fatal crash Updated: May-12-16 2:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Two men who died in a stunt plane near Las Vegas were performing "air combat" maneuvers with two other planes before crashing near a hilltop, according to a preliminary report.
- Federal report backs police school bus crash investigation Updated: May-11-16 5:22 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The National Transportation Safety Board has backed the findings of a police investigation of a 2014 crash between Knox County school buses that killed two children and a teachers' aide.
- Agency: Damaged guardrail caused Texas prison bus wreck Updated: May-11-16 12:41 pm
ODESSA, Texas - Federal investigators have confirmed that a West Texas prison bus accident that killed two prison guards and eight inmates was caused by the bus striking a piece of displaced highway guardrail.
- Feds: Plane that crashed in NY broke apart midair, killing 3 Updated: May-11-16 9:16 am
SYOSSET, New York - A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board says a small plane that crashed in New York tore apart piece by piece in midair, killing all three people aboard.
- The Latest: 1 of 2 hurt in plane crash in Surprise dies Updated: May-08-16 4:17 pm
SURPRISE, Arizona - The Latest on small plane that crashed in Phoenix suburb of Surprise (all times local):
- Agency: Fatal crash of small plane likely due to pilot error Updated: May-07-16 2:32 am
KIMBALL TOWNSIHP, Michigan - The National Transportation Safety Board says the fatal crash of a small plane near a southeastern Michigan airport in the fog in 2014 was likely due to pilot error.
- The Latest: Obama: DC subway problems should be fixed Updated: May-06-16 1:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on Washington's beleaguered subway system (all times local):
- Hawaii official who died after crash wore infant life vest Updated: May-05-16 8:31 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii's former health director who died after a plane she was traveling in crashed into the ocean was wearing an infant life vest and the pilot didn't give a safety briefing before takeoff, according to details in a National Transportation Safety Board report.
- Agency: Eagle hit Alaska plane before crash that killed 4 Updated: May-04-16 7:46 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A small airplane hit a bald eagle before it crashed and burst into flames just north of Anchorage last month, killing all four people on board, authorities said Wednesday.
- The Latest: Investigators examine where eagle hit airplane Updated: May-04-16 7:27 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on investigators saying a bald eagle struck a small plane before in crashed last month in Alaska (all times local):