- FTC rules Amazon is liable for in-app charges Updated: Apr-27-16 11:26 am
NEW YORK - A federal judge has ruled that Amazon is liable for in-app purchases made by children, the latest development in a suit filed by the Federal Trade Commission in 2014.
- Public comments on hospitals' merger overwhelmingly negative Updated: Apr-27-16 11:09 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - None of the 18 letters sent to the West Virginia Attorney General's office recently were in favor of a proposal to merge two Huntington hospitals.
- Office Depot finances hurt by stalled Staples takeover Updated: Apr-26-16 8:32 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Office Depot blamed disappointing first-quarter financial results on the delayed takeover by Staples.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Apr-13-16 12:47 pm
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- UofA head keeping controversial side job at for-profit DeVry Updated: Apr-07-16 8:30 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The president of Arizona's second-largest university continues to face criticism over a side job as a board member for the company that operates DeVry University, a for-profit school facing a lawsuit from the federal government alleging that it misled students about job prospects.
- FTC accuses Endo, other drugmakers of antitrust violations Updated: Mar-31-16 4:22 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Federal Trade Commission has accused several drugmakers of violating antitrust laws, via agreements the commission said delayed the U.S. launches of cheaper generic versions of two popular pain treatments.
- Wyoming AG settles claims against sham cancer charities Updated: Mar-31-16 5:50 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming is one of several states involved in a settlement of a massive fraud case involving two cancer charities labeled "shams" by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Illinois AG: Settlement ends deception of cancer charities Updated: Mar-30-16 10:40 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois is among states involved in a settlement of a massive fraud case involving two cancer charities labeled "shams" by the Federal Trade Commission.
- 'Sham' cancer charities agree to $76M judgment, dissolution Updated: Mar-30-16 6:23 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two Tennessee-based cancer charities labeled "shams" by the Federal Trade Commission have settled a massive fraud case, along with their president, by agreeing to a $75.8 million judgment and the dissolution of the businesses. But the government may never see much of that money.
- Pfizer: FTC wants more info on planned Allergan acquisition Updated: Mar-30-16 3:04 pm
NEW YORK - Pfizer says the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has requested more information about its planned acquisition of rival drugmaker Allergan in a deal aimed at reducing Pfizer's tax bill.
- California insurance commissioner probes Anthem-Cigna merger Updated: Mar-29-16 8:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones says he has "some significant skepticism" about the benefits of Anthem Inc.'s proposed acquisition of rival insurer Cigna Corp.