- US productivity shrinks again in first quarter Updated: May-04-16 9:58 am
WASHINGTON - The productivity of American workers fell again in the first three months of the year, while labor costs for employers rose at the fastest pace in more than a year.
- Buffett praises Fed but warns of unintended consequences Updated: May-02-16 12:53 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Investor Warren Buffett said the Federal Reserve and other policymakers are generally doing a good job, but it's difficult to predict all the effects of interest rates remaining low for this long.
- US consumer spending inches up in March Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumers boosted their spending by a tiny amount in March as purchases of nondurable goods such as clothing offset a big fall in spending on autos and other long-lasting items.
- US economy struggles at start of election year Updated: Apr-28-16 3:36 pm
WASHINGTON - It was not a great start for the U.S. economy.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage rises to 3.66 percent Updated: Apr-28-16 11:58 am
WASHINGTON - Long-term U.S. mortgage rates rose this week, lifting from their 2016 lows but remaining historically low during the spring home-buying season.
- While leaving US rates unchanged, Fed keeps an eye overseas Updated: Apr-28-16 1:03 am
WASHINGTON - When the Federal Reserve chose not to raise its key interest rate, it nevertheless made clear that its next move will be another increase. That stance puts it at odds with other major central banks, which are doing the reverse - seeking to ease credit to spur lending.
- Comparing the US Federal Reserve's views on world economy Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
A comparison of the Federal Reserve's statements from its two-day meeting that ended Wednesday and its meeting March 15-16:
- Bangladesh says 20 foreigners involved in theft from NY Fed Updated: Apr-18-16 9:59 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh investigators have determined that at least 20 foreigners were involved in the cybertheft of $101 million from the Bangladesh central bank's account in the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, a senior investigator said Monday.
- Defending champion Czechs edge Swiss to reach Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-17-16 5:14 pm
LUCERNE, Switzerland - Two-time defending champion the Czech Republic advanced to the Fed Cup final after edging Switzerland 3-2 on Sunday, sealing victory in a decisive doubles rubber against Martina Hingis and unheralded Swiss star Viktorija Golubic.
- Belarus beats Russia to move into World Group Updated: Apr-17-16 3:56 pm
MOSCOW - Belarus secured its place in the World Group of the Fed Cup for the first time when Aliaksandra Sasnovich rallied to beat Russia's Margarita Gasparyan 4-6, 6-1, 7-5 on Sunday.
- Fed Cup: Muguruza leads Spain to playoff victory vs. Italy Updated: Apr-17-16 10:42 am
LLEIDA, Spain - Garbine Muguruza cruised to a 6-2, 6-2 win over Roberta Vinci on Sunday, giving Spain an insurmountable 3-0 lead against Italy for a spot in the top tier of the Fed Cup.
- US factory output falls again, but signs of stability appear Updated: Apr-15-16 11:18 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. factory output dropped in March for the second straight month as manufacturers churned out fewer cars, metal parts and machinery. Yet other recent data suggests that the sector's long-running malaise could brighten in the coming months.
- Fed survey finds US economy still expanding Updated: Apr-13-16 2:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The Federal Reserve said Wednesday that the economy kept expanding in late February and March, despite weakness in the energy sector and a slowdown in exports of some factory and farm products because of global weakness and the strong dollar.
- US producer prices fall 0.1 percent in March Updated: Apr-13-16 9:09 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. producer prices fell in March for the fifth time in the past eight months, reflecting a drop in food prices which offset the biggest increase in energy prices in 10 months. Even with the increase in energy, inflation remained at modest levels.
- Obama, Fed chair Yellen discuss outlook for economy Updated: Apr-11-16 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - With the U.S. economy improving, President Barack Obama and Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen discussed the outlook for near and long-term economic growth during a Monday afternoon meeting in the Oval Office, the White House said.
- Fed Ex Express moving from Grand Forks to Fargo airport Updated: Apr-07-16 12:46 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Fargo's Hector International Airport has landed the Fed Ex Express air cargo company.
- Fed minutes show officials wary of April rate hike Updated: Apr-06-16 2:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve policymakers were split at their last meeting over how to respond to a slowing global economy, with two officials supporting a rate hike in March even as an opposing group felt that even raising rates in April would be too soon.
- Mauresmo names full-strength team for Fed Cup semifinals Updated: Apr-06-16 11:18 am
PARIS - France captain Amelie Mauresmo will have her best players against the Netherlands in the Fed Cup semifinals next week.