- Investigator: Truck's brake not set before damaging track Updated: May-04-16 7:10 pm
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: May-03-16 10:20 am
The Manhattan Mercury, May 2
- Appeals court: Amtrak can't have regulatory role Updated: Apr-29-16 1:33 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court has once again ruled that Congress can't give Amtrak power to impose rail standards on other private railroads.
- Next round of rail improvements begin in southern Michigan Updated: Apr-25-16 9:12 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Improvements continue on southern Michigan train tracks that will change service along the route.
- As deficit looms, new NJ Transit director backs out of job Updated: Apr-21-16 12:36 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The man picked to lead New Jersey Transit decided he does not want the job, just days before he was scheduled to start running the nation's third-busiest commuter railroad amid a looming budget deficit.
- The Latest: Christie disappointed transit pick backed out Updated: Apr-21-16 12:34 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The Latest on New Jersey Transit's new director deciding he doesn't want the job. (all times local):
- Backhoe in Amtrak wreck had periodic right to be on tracks Updated: Apr-19-16 10:35 am
A backhoe operator had a right to be on train tracks periodically on the weekend an Amtrak train slammed into it, killing the operator and a supervisor, federal crash investigators said Monday.
- Officials eye New England rail boost through border deal Updated: Apr-15-16 5:11 pm
ESSEX JUNCTION, Vermont - A proposal to allow rail passengers to go through customs in Montreal before crossing into the United states would be a boon for passenger rail in New England, said officials gathered outside Vermont's busiest Amtrak station Friday.
- Amtrak sues Kansas feed yard over damaged tracks, derailment Updated: Apr-10-16 3:17 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Amtrak has filed a federal lawsuit against a southwest Kansas feed yard, accusing it of gross negligence in relation to a train derailment that injured 28 passengers last month.