- Amtrak train hits man on tracks in central Florida Updated: May-19-16 8:26 am
- Amtrak victims: Investigative findings hard to believe Updated: May-18-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Victims of last year's deadly Amtrak derailment aren't buying the findings of federal investigators that the train's engineer likely lost his bearings because he was distracted by an incident with a nearby train.
- Baker heading to Washington to discuss Amtrak, opioids Updated: May-18-16 12:30 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is heading to Washington.
- The Latest: Survivors question findings on 2015 Amtrak crash Updated: May-17-16 1:29 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the investigation into last year's deadly Amtrak derailment in Philadelphia (all times local):
- Oldest Amtrak survivor faces life and limits after crash Updated: May-15-16 2:34 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Aaron Levine didn't feel like a miracle.
- California Amtrak train slams into pickup, killing 3 men Updated: May-13-16 8:21 pm
FRESNO, California - Three men in a pickup died Friday when the driver pulled in front of a speeding Amtrak, ripping the truck in two but injuring none of the train's passengers, authorities said.
- Chance of "transportation Armageddon"? 25 percent says study Updated: May-09-16 5:18 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Lengthy environmental studies could increase the likelihood that the 106-year-old rail tunnel between New Jersey and New York City would have to close for repairs before a new tunnel is built, a situation one lawmaker has referred to previously as a "transportation Armageddon," a study released Monday said.
- Federal grant will restore passenger rail to western Vermont Updated: May-06-16 8:16 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Amtrak passenger trains could be rolling into the state's largest city in about four years after the final upgrade is completed on a 75-mile stretch of track between Rutland and Burlington, transportation officials said Friday.
- Investigator: Truck's brake not set before damaging track Updated: May-04-16 7:10 pm
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: May-03-16 10:20 am
The Manhattan Mercury, May 2
- Appeals court: Amtrak can't have regulatory role Updated: Apr-29-16 1:33 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court has once again ruled that Congress can't give Amtrak power to impose rail standards on other private railroads.
- Next round of rail improvements begin in southern Michigan Updated: Apr-25-16 9:12 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Improvements continue on southern Michigan train tracks that will change service along the route.