- NY Gov. Cuomo: Feds must contribute more for Hudson tunnels Updated: Jul-29-15 5:20 pm
ALBANY, New York - New rail tunnels under the Hudson River are needed to reduce delays, but the expensive project won't work without a greater financial commitment from the federal government, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.
- Transportation Chief: 5 Airlines probed for price-gouging Updated: Jul-24-15 2:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said Friday the government has opened a price-gouging investigation involving five airlines that allegedly raised airfares in the Northeast after a deadly Amtrak crash in Philadelphia in May disrupted rail service.
- Gov't to require cameras in train cabs after Amtrak crash Updated: Jul-08-15 5:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration says it's drafting rules to require that railroads install video cameras inside locomotive cabs to record the actions of engineers.
- Iowa Pacific rail partnership launch delayed in Indiana Updated: Jun-30-15 4:36 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - The Indiana Department of Transportation won't be able to meet its goal of launching a public-private rail partnership by mid-year.
- Indiana looks to collect millions with tax amnesty period Updated: Jun-30-15 3:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's government is looking to collect some quick cash from delinquent taxpayers with a two-month tax amnesty period starting in September.