- Soft cheese linked to listeria death in Ohio Updated: Sep-18-15 5:17 pm
WASHINGTON - A California company has recalled several brands of soft cheeses after they were linked to 24 illnesses around the country over the last five years, including a 2012 death in Ohio.
- Things to know about the flu shot: Lots of options this year Updated: Sep-17-15 3:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Give flu vaccine another chance: This year's version got a recipe change that should make it more effective after last winter's misery from a nasty surprise strain of virus.
- Time for flu vaccine, updated after misery of last winter Updated: Sep-17-15 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - It's time for flu shots again, and health officials expect to avoid a repeat of the misery last winter, when immunizations weren't a good match for a nasty surprise strain.
- CDC: State's vaccination rates for kids some of best in US Updated: Sep-15-15 9:54 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota's childhood immunization rates are among the highest in the nation, according to federal health officials.
- Probe of military labs expands to plague, encephalitis Updated: Sep-10-15 4:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding its investigation into possible mishandling and improper shipment by Defense Department laboratories of organisms that cause deadly diseases, including plague and encephalitis, U.S. officials said Thursday.
- Illinois gets CDC grant to combat drug overdoses Updated: Sep-05-15 4:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois will receive a four-year federal grant to combat prescription-drug overdoses.
- Review cites problems at Texas hospital during Ebola crisis Updated: Sep-04-15 11:50 am
DALLAS - The Texas hospital that treated the first person diagnosed in the U.S. with Ebola was not adequately prepared for a patient with the deadly virus and stumbled because of communication failures, an independent review released Friday found.