- Group turns over donor list from gay marriage fight in Maine Updated: Aug-24-15 5:35 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The president of a hedge fund contributed $1.25 million to the National Organization for Marriage's efforts to defeat Maine's gay marriage law in 2009, providing more than half of national anti-gay marriage group's donations during the campaign, according to a campaign disclosure report.
- Maine high court rules against man jailed over drunken brawl Updated: Aug-19-15 2:14 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's highest court has ruled against a man who appealed his conviction on domestic violence assault charges stemming from a brawl with his ex-girlfriend and stepdaughter.
- Maine's highest court rules against woman in abuse case Updated: Aug-19-15 12:19 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's highest court is denying an appeal from a woman convicted of aiding her husband's sexual abuse of a preteen girl.
- Maine court: State can vaccinate child over mother's wishes Updated: Aug-14-15 1:46 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's highest court says that the state can have a child in its custody vaccinated over the parent's objections.
- Man sentenced for child pornography subject to sex assault charges Updated: Aug-13-15 4:43 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's highest court is ruling that a man sentenced to 40 years in federal prison for producing and possessing child pornography is also subject to state charges for sexual attacks.
- Maine court: 65 bills are law after LePage misses deadline Updated: Aug-06-15 4:53 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Dozens of bills opposed by Republican Gov. Paul LePage have become law because he misinterpreted the Maine Constitution and didn't veto the measures in time, the state's highest court said Thursday.