- Traffic stop leads to pot seizure, Oakland man's arrest Updated: Aug-27-15 9:03 am
SANTA ROSA, California - The California Highway Patrol has seized 225 pounds of marijuana from an Oakland man who was pulled over on Highway 101.
- Armored tank crushes man on Jelly Belly's CEO property Updated: Aug-24-15 9:39 pm
FAIRFIELD, California - Authorities say a man was accidentally crushed to death with a World War II-era tank on a Jelly Bean's chairman Herman Rowland's property in Fairfield.
- CHP officers charged in connection with California homicide Updated: Aug-18-15 7:38 pm
MODESTO, California - Three current and former California Highway Patrol officers, a prominent criminal defense attorney and four others were formally charged Tuesday in connection with the disappearance and death of a Northern California man.
- Law enforcement, attorney among 9 arrested in man's death Updated: Aug-15-15 5:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A long and largely forgotten death investigation in California's Central Valley has led to a vast and unexpected set of arrests that included three current and former Highway Patrol officers and a prominent defense attorney.
- CHP reveals name of wanted woman who plunged from Bay Bridge Updated: Aug-13-15 10:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Highway Patrol has released the name of a woman they're looking for who either jumped or fell from the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge trying to evade police in a stolen car.
- Woman seen after jump or fall from Bay Bridge evading police Updated: Aug-12-15 5:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Police are searching for a woman who emerged from the icy bay water Wednesday morning wearing a soaking wet black dress and no shoes after she either jumped or fell from the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge trying to evade police in a stolen car.
- School bus crash leaves 12 children with minor injuries Updated: Aug-10-15 4:11 pm
BERKELEY, California - The California Highway Patrol says a crash involving a school bus has left at least 12 children with minor injuries such as bruises and bloody noses.
- DUI suspect arrested after 30-mile slow-speed chase Updated: Aug-10-15 8:38 am
LOS ANGELES - The California Highway Patrol says a drunken driving suspect was arrested after leading Los Angeles police and CHP officers on a slow-speed chase that covered about 30 miles over two highways and several surface streets.