- 911 tapes released about NFL defensive end Ray McDonald Updated: May-26-15 7:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Highway Patrol has released audio from the 911 call that led to the arrest of NFL defensive end Ray McDonald on suspicion of child endangerment and domestic violence.
- Diver who died in Sonoma County was longtime CHP, ex-Marine Updated: May-25-15 8:11 pm
BODEGA BAY, California - Authorities say a scuba diver who died in the water off the Sonoma County coast was a California Highway Patrol lieutenant and ex-Marine.
- Families of 10 killed in California crash get some answers Updated: May-23-15 11:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Michael Myvett proposed to his college sweetheart on bended knee in front of the Louvre museum in Paris. Four months later, the pair died in a fiery head-on collision between a FedEx semi-truck and a bus that killed eight others in California, including five promising high school students.
- California man drives wrong way on 3 highways for 25 miles Updated: May-18-15 10:24 am
BERKELEY, California - A man drove about 25 miles in the wrong direction on San Francisco Bay Area freeways and city streets and then crashed into another car.
- Officers release name of bicyclist hit, killed by truck Updated: May-18-15 8:45 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Highway patrol officers say the man who was hit by a truck and killed at the start of a Northern California bicycle race is 50-year-old Rocklin resident Ronald Cortez.
- Driver arrested in California crash that killed 4 Updated: May-13-15 8:10 pm
GILROY, California - Four people, including three teenagers, died when the driver of the car they were in veered off a road in Northern California, hit a drainage ditch and flipped over, authorities said.
- 3 killed in Sacramento wrong-way crash Updated: May-12-15 10:22 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Highway Patrol says three people died when a driver going the wrong-way on a Sacramento highway slammed into another vehicle.
- Officers rescue owl that got injured on California highway Updated: May-11-15 8:20 pm
SANTA ROSA, California - An injured owl that couldn't fly or hop its way out of traffic has been rescued by two California Highway Patrol officers and is recovering.
- 13-year-old crashes, dies during California driving lesson Updated: May-11-15 1:58 pm
WOODLAND, California - The California Highway Patrol says a 13-year-old boy receiving a driving lesson from his father was killed when the vehicle struck a drainage ditch.