- Israeli leader vows 'aggressive steps' to halt fighting Updated: Oct-13-15 7:25 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister on Tuesday said he would take a series of "aggressive steps" to halt a wave of violence in Israeli cities after two attacks in Jerusalem left three Israelis dead. Three Palestinians, including two attackers, were also killed.
- Chronology of violence between Palestinians and Israel Updated: Oct-13-15 4:24 pm
JERUSALEM - A rash of Palestinian stabbing attacks against Israeli civilians and soldiers in recent weeks has killed eight Israelis and at least 29 Palestinians. The unrest began a month ago, when Palestinians repeatedly barricaded themselves inside the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem's Old City, hurling stones and firebombs at police. Tensions were fueled by Palestinian allegations that Israel plans to change the delicate arrangement at the hilltop compound, sacred to both Muslims and Jews. Israel has adamantly denied the allegations and accused Palestinian leaders of inciting the violence and spreading lies over the shrines. Violence was initially confined to east Jerusalem and the West Bank - territories Israel captured from Jordan in the 1967 war and claimed by the Palestinians for a future state - but later spread to Israeli cities in the form of deadly stabbing attacks.
- The Latest: Israeli Jew stabs another in failed revenge plot Updated: Oct-13-15 8:18 am
JERUSALEM - The latest developments in ongoing violence between Palestinians and Israelis (all times local):
- Israel opens fire at Syrian target after rocket attack Updated: Oct-13-15 6:14 am
JERUSALEM - The Israeli military says artillery units have opened fire at Syrian army positions after rocket fire from Syria landed in the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights.
- Q&A: No end in sight for latest Israeli-Palestinian violence Updated: Oct-12-15 4:01 pm
JERUSALEM - For nearly a month, Israel has been dealing with a wave of Palestinian unrest that shows no signs of stopping. Beginning with clashes at a sensitive Jerusalem holy site, the violence has spread throughout the city, across Israel and into the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- New generation of disillusioned Palestinians drives unrest Updated: Oct-06-15 6:26 pm
SURDA, West Bank - A new generation of angry, disillusioned Palestinians is driving the current wave of clashes with Israeli forces: Too young to remember the hardships of life during Israel's clampdown on the last major uprising, they have lost faith in statehood through negotiations, distrust their political leaders and believe Israel only understands force.
- Q&A: Abbas warning to Israel blunted by lack of specifics Updated: Sep-30-15 4:07 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - President Mahmoud Abbas seemingly made good on his threat to drop a "bombshell" in Wednesday's speech to the U.N. General Assembly when he declared that the Palestinians cannot continue to be bound by 20-year-old security and economic agreements with Israel.
- Israeli officer suspended after journalists abused Updated: Sep-27-15 8:06 am
JERUSALEM - The Israeli military says it has suspended an officer after soldiers were caught on camera assaulting a pair of Agence France-Press journalists in the West Bank.
- Israel military says it is coordinating with Russia on Syria Updated: Sep-24-15 6:15 am
JERUSALEM - Israel has set up a joint mechanism with the Russian military to coordinate their operations in Syria and avoid any accidental confrontations, a senior Israel military official said Thursday.