- UN Security Council visits Kenya to discuss Somalia Updated: May-20-16 1:19 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Members of the United Nations Security Council are urging Kenya's government not to forcibly evict refugees from a sprawling camp that is home to hundreds of thousands of Somalis.
- Kenya to close Dadaab, world's biggest refugee camp Updated: May-11-16 9:13 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The Kenyan government will close Dadaab refugee camp, which has hundreds of thousands of Somali refugees and is often referred to as the world's largest camp, the East African country's interior security minister said Wednesday.
- Kenya closing camps with hundreds of thousands of refugees Updated: May-06-16 6:26 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The Kenyan government said Friday it will close two refugee camps, including one of the world's biggest, due to a lack of security and economic challenges as human Rights group condemned the plan.
- Kenya: Police disrupt alleged plot by extremist medics Updated: May-03-16 3:03 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenyan police have disrupted a cell of extremist medics linked to the Islamic State group suspected of plotting a biological attack on Kenya and recruiting university students to join the group in Libya and Syria, Kenya's police chief said Tuesday
- Press Freedom Day: Journalists keep working despite threats Updated: May-03-16 12:09 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - For Abdiqadir Dulyar, simply reading messages sent to his phone can be chilling.
- Somalia: 11 soldiers killed as extremists retake town Updated: May-01-16 11:32 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A Somali military official says fighters from Islamic extremist rebels recaptured a town in southern Somalia, killing at least 11 Somali government soldiers.