- High court's turn in fight over California teacher tenure Updated: Apr-15-16 7:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - Teachers across California may have breathed a sigh of relief when an appellate court upheld job protection that has long been considered sacrosanct.
- The Latest: Appeal planned in California teacher tenure case Updated: Apr-14-16 7:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on an appeals court's decision in a landmark California teacher tenure case. (all times local):
- Court rules on California's worker seating requirement Updated: Apr-04-16 7:44 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Employers cannot deny a worker a place to sit just because they prefer the person stand, and they must consider the employee's work station, not their overall duties, when determining whether to provide a seat, the California Supreme Court said Monday.
- The Latest: Court issues decision on seating requirement Updated: Apr-04-16 4:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on the California Supreme Court's attempt to clarify the state's rules for determining when employers must provide their employees with a place to sit (all times local):
- California high court won't intervene in Choctaw girl's move Updated: Mar-30-16 7:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - The California Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to intervene in the case of a 6-year-old girl with Native American ancestry who was removed from her Los Angeles-area foster home and placed with relatives in Utah.