- California Supreme Court overturns death penalty Updated: Jun-29-15 2:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court has overturned the death penalty for a man convicted of murdering two store clerks during a string of armed robberies in Los Angeles County in 1993.
- Historic gay marriage ruling stirs emotion across US Updated: Jun-26-15 8:11 pm
Some snapshots of Americans reacting to Friday's Supreme Court ruling declaring that same-sex couples have a right to marry in all 50 states.
- California court says 'sweepstakes' games are illegal Updated: Jun-25-15 7:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Computerized "sweepstakes" games offered at special Internet cafes are the equivalent of slot machines that are illegal under state law, the California Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
- High court reinstates conviction in death penalty case Updated: Jun-18-15 1:06 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Supreme Court on Thursday reinstated the conviction and death sentence of a California man convicted of murder - even though a lower court made mistakes when it considered whether prosecutors illegally excluded blacks and Hispanics from the jury.
- California court rules for city in affordable housing fight Updated: Jun-15-15 5:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - California cities have broad authority to require builders to set aside a percentage of units in new projects for affordable housing, the state Supreme Court ruled Monday.