- California high court rejects challenge to juvenile sentence Updated: May-26-16 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a challenge to a criminal sentence of 50 years to life for a juvenile convicted of murder who argued that the punishment violated a U.S. Supreme Court decision because it was the equivalent of life without parole and required by law.
- California court tosses murder conviction in bite-mark case Updated: May-26-16 8:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court Thursday threw out the conviction of a man found guilty of killing his wife after jurors heard bite-mark testimony that was later recanted.
- The Latest: Court rejects challenge to juvenile sentence Updated: May-26-16 2:03 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on the California Supreme Court's ruling on the constitutionality of a mandatory 50-years-to-life sentence for a juvenile convicted of homicide (all times local):
- Court: Backpack no different from clothing in gun case Updated: May-09-16 2:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court says carrying a loaded gun in a backpack strapped to the body is no different from carrying it in clothing a person is wearing, and both are illegal in public.
- Ruling: Medical marijuana immunity of doctors is limited Updated: May-06-16 5:56 pm
PHOENIX - The legal immunity provided physicians by Arizona's medical marijuana law for certifying patients to use pot only applies to the medical certifications, not other conduct such as making false statements in documents, the state Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- The Latest: California high court questions prison measure Updated: May-05-16 2:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on arguments before the California Supreme Court over Gov. Jerry Brown's bid to put his plan to reduce the state's prison population before voters in November (all times local):