- Mariners' rally wasted as Diamondbacks win 4-3 in 10th Updated: Jul-28-15 2:59 am
SEATTLE - The ninth-inning rally capped by Mike Zunino's unlikely two-out, two-strike hit got the Seattle Mariners to extra innings.
- Goldschmidt homers, scores winning run in Arizona's 4-3 win Updated: Jul-28-15 2:42 am
SEATTLE - Nervous at the start, Jake Lamb coolly helped deliver a winning finish to his first major league game back in his hometown.
- Rangers host birthday bash for A-Rod in 6-2 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-28-15 1:00 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alex Rodriguez had a 40th birthday bash against his former team in Texas, where the Rangers have little to celebrate these days.
- A-Rod homers on 40th birthday in Yankees' 6-2 win at Rangers Updated: Jul-28-15 12:53 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alex Rodriguez had quite a 40th birthday bash.
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox for stretch run Updated: Jul-28-15 12:18 am
- A's GM Billy Beane remains optimistic about new ballpark Updated: Jul-27-15 11:57 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics general manager Billy Beane remains optimistic Oakland will get a new ballpark.
- Mets acquire reliever Tyler Clippard from Athletics Updated: Jul-27-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - The active New York Mets acquired first-rate reliever Tyler Clippard from Oakland for a minor league pitcher Monday, completing their second trade in four days and sending another signal they're serious about contending this year.
- Birthday bash: Alex Rodriguez homers on 40th birthday Updated: Jul-27-15 10:24 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alex Rodriguez is hitting home runs in his 40s, just like he did as a teenager.
- Correction: Hall of Fame Inductions story Updated: Jul-27-15 9:25 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - In a story July 26 about the Baseball Hall of Fame, The Associated Press reported erroneously that John Smoltz was the first player inducted into the Hall of Fame who had undergone Tommy John surgery. Smoltz was the first pitcher to enter the Hall who had the operation.
- Seattle believes struggling Rodney tipping pitches Updated: Jul-27-15 9:17 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners manager believe struggling reliever Fernando Rodney is tipping his pitches, part of what's caused a significant decline after leading baseball in saves a season ago.
- Rangers recall righty Klein, send Bass to minors Updated: Jul-27-15 6:04 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have recalled right-hander Phil Klein from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run Updated: Jul-27-15 2:22 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Astros have shaken off Taylor Swift's original tour date at Minute Maid Park in case of a playoff run.
- Parity, extra wild card gives many teams hope in AL Updated: Jul-27-15 3:18 am
The Oakland Athletics have lost four in a row and already traded one of their top pitchers when they sent Scott Kazmir to Houston. They are nobody's idea of a contender.
- Early triple play hurts Jays in 6-5 loss to Mariners in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:48 pm
SEATTLE - A baserunning blunder that resulted in a triple play came back to haunt the Toronto Blue Jays, who let another opportunity slip away on the road.
- Gutierrez homers in 10th to lift Mariners over Blue Jays 6-5 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:27 pm
SEATTLE - Franklin Gutierrez delivered the biggest hit yet of his comeback with the Seattle Mariners.
- Trout has grand slam, solo HR in Angels' win over Rangers Updated: Jul-26-15 8:57 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Home run titles are no different to Mike Trout than any of the other awards and achievements that have made him a major league star. If it happens, it happens. It's just not on his personal agenda at the moment.
- Hudson beats his former A's, now has W against all 30 teams Updated: Jul-26-15 8:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Oakland Athletics put two runners aboard with none out in the ninth against one of their former relievers, Santiago Casilla. San Francisco's closer worked out of it, securing a win for Giants starter Tim Hudson against his first major league team.
- Hudson beats his former A's, now has W against all 30 teams Updated: Jul-26-15 8:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Hudson knows almost nobody around the ever-changing Oakland Athletics anymore. That didn't make defeating his former team for the first time any less sweet.
- Astros lose 5-1 to Royals, set to face Angels in key series Updated: Jul-26-15 7:18 pm
- Royals celebrate Cueto deal with 5-1 victory over Astros Updated: Jul-26-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - This was one nice day for Kansas City's rotation.
- Mariners turn unusual triple play Updated: Jul-26-15 6:03 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners turned a Toronto base-running blunder into a unique triple play in the fourth inning Sunday with catcher Mark Zunino recording the final two putouts.
- Joe Smith gives up 3 in 8th as Angels lose 7-6 to Rangers Updated: Jul-26-15 2:23 am
ANAHEIM, California - Joe Smith had one of those nightmarish innings that can happen when the other team stays patient, has good at-bats and puts the ball in play.
- Another tough ending for Mariners in 8-6 loss to Blue Jays Updated: Jul-25-15 9:24 pm
SEATTLE - Endings have not been kind to the Seattle Mariners this season.
- Astros make room for LHP Kazmir, send OF Hoes to Triple-A Updated: Jul-24-15 6:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Houston Astros have cleared roster space for newly acquired pitcher Scott Kazmir by optioning outfielder L.J. Hoes to Triple-A Fresno.
- Board agrees to eye safety of historic Angels Flight railway Updated: Jul-24-15 5:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The historic Angels Flight railway connecting two downtown Los Angeles districts is getting another look by transportation officials who have agreed to study possible ways for the now-shuttered trains to reopen.