- Royals, Astros both have penchant for playing at home Updated: Oct-08-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Astros slugger George Springer attributes the trouble his team had on the road all season to the color of their jerseys, gray and drab, which might seem preposterous except for one thing: His manager, A.J. Hinch, offered up with the exact same reason.
- Jays seek to solve Gallardo in Game 1 of ALDS Updated: Oct-07-15 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Pitching against the powerful Toronto Blue Jays can sometimes feel like suffocating, because it is hard to come up for air.
- American Airlines crew talks about flight with pope Updated: Oct-07-15 4:47 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - It was an airplane flight that changed Jeff Gross's life.
- Gallardo got to go home, now starts Rangers' playoff opener Updated: Oct-07-15 11:57 am
Yovani Gallardo grew up watching the Texas Rangers, often going to their ballpark and dreaming of one day pitching in big games for his local team.
- No Ordinary Joe, Cubs' Maddon might be MLB's best skipper Updated: Oct-07-15 2:19 am
CHICAGO - Everyone expected some zaniness when Joe Maddon came to town.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- CF Gomez in Astros' lineup for wild-card game vs Yanks Updated: Oct-06-15 6:12 pm
NEW YORK - Center fielder Carlos Gomez is in the Houston Astros' starting lineup for the AL wild-card game against the New York Yankees.
- Napoli back with the Rangers, who are back in playoffs Updated: Oct-06-15 5:58 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Chants of "Nap-o-li!, Nap-o-li!" echo in Texas just like 2011 all over again.
- Gallardo, Hamels set to start for Rangers in ALDS Games 1-2 Updated: Oct-06-15 1:44 pm
- Billy Eppler welcomes high expectations as Angels' new GM Updated: Oct-05-15 6:51 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Billy Eppler knows his new job as the Los Angeles Angels' general manager looks particularly tough. He knows all about the organizational power wielded by manager Mike Scioscia and the high expectations of owner Arte Moreno.
- Athletics promote Billy Beane, David Forst in front office Updated: Oct-05-15 6:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Athletics wanted to make sure they could keep David Forst in the front office after other clubs sought to hire him, so they promoted him to general manager Monday and elevated Billy Beane to executive vice president of baseball operations.
- Hamels good addition for Rangers future - and this year too Updated: Oct-05-15 6:25 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cole Hamels was certainly a good addition for the future of the Texas Rangers.
- Supreme Court rejects San Jose appeal over Athletics' move Updated: Oct-05-15 6:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Supreme Court rejected an appeal from the city of San Jose in its bid to lure baseball's Athletics from Oakland to the South Bay.
- Dipoto's first big move as M's GM is deciding on McClendon Updated: Oct-05-15 3:08 pm
SEATTLE - Now the wait begins to see what the first big move of Jerry Dipoto's tenure as general manager of the Seattle Mariners will be.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Farquhar gives up homer in 8th, Mariners lose 4-2 to A's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:43 am
SEATTLE - Danny Farquhar threw the pitches he wanted in the eighth inning Friday night. He did not get the results he expected.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Valencia's 2-run HR lifts Athletics over Mariners 4-2 Updated: Oct-03-15 2:17 am
SEATTLE - Danny Valencia believed all along that he just needed the opportunity to show what he could do.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Rangers 2-1 loss to Angels keeps them from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:38 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the Texas Rangers didn't even wait around to see if they would clinch the AL West title Friday night. The champagne was put away for another day.
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Mike Trout and Albert Pujols leading the way, the Los Angeles Angels are still in the chase for a playoff spot.
- Mariners' Cano to undergo hernia surgery Oct. 13 Updated: Oct-02-15 8:04 pm
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano will undergo surgery to repair a sports hernia in two weeks and expects to be fully recovered by spring training.
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause havoc with MLB playoff picture Updated: Oct-02-15 4:38 am
Adrian Beltre, Carlos Correa or Andrew McCutchen certainly might deliver a big hit this weekend to improve their team's playoff position.