- Springer homers twice as Astros beat Orioles 4-2 Updated: May-27-16 12:55 am
HOUSTON - With his team having already set the major league record for strikeouts in a three-game series, adding more to the pile was the last thing on Houston Astros reliever Ken Giles' mind.
- Slugged in Seattle: Oakland knocked around in 13-3 loss Updated: May-26-16 2:08 am
SEATTLE - The first start of Zach Neal's career was perfect for five batters. The Oakland right-hander even struck out Nelson Cruz his first time at the plate.
- Sluggin' Seattle: Lind's 6 RBIs lead Mariners past A's 13-3 Updated: May-26-16 1:55 am
SEATTLE - Adam Lind felt he was building toward something after a sluggish start to his first season in Seattle.
- Strikeouts pile up for Orioles as they fall to Astros 4-3 Updated: May-26-16 12:47 am
HOUSTON - The Baltimore Orioles don't seem too worried about their offense despite striking out 37 times in their past two games.
- Santiago can't hold leads in Angels' 15-9 loss at Rangers Updated: May-25-16 8:09 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Angels starter Hector Santiago went to the mound with the lead each of his first two innings and went back to the dugout both times with the game tied.
- Mazara hits long homer as Rangers beat Angels 15-9 Updated: May-25-16 7:22 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Like Rougned Odor before him, Nomar Mazara is having an impact for the Texas Rangers as the youngest player in the major leagues.
- Athletics utility man Canha has successful hip surgery Updated: May-25-16 7:00 pm
SEATTLE - Oakland Athletics utility player Mark Canha has had successful surgery on his left hip that will keep him out for the rest of the season.
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- City Council approves stadium deal with Texas Rangers Updated: May-24-16 11:36 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Arlington City Council has approved a master agreement setting forth the public-private setup to build a retractable-roof ballpark for the Texas Rangers.
- Taylor commits 2 errors, A's pull away from Mariners 5-0 Updated: May-24-16 2:55 am
SEATTLE - Taijuan Walker made one bad pitch. Chris Taylor's two bad throws were even more costly for the Seattle Mariners.
- Darvish in line Saturday for 1st Rangers start since surgery Updated: May-24-16 1:31 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Yu Darvish is in line to make his first start Saturday for the Texas Rangers in nearly 22 months, and since having Tommy John surgery.
- Rangers encouraged by Holland's outing in 2-0 loss to Angels Updated: May-24-16 1:06 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Derek Holland was encouraged after one of his best outings of the season. The Rangers were even happier that they'll get their former ace, Yu Darvish, on the mound Saturday.
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery Updated: May-23-16 7:34 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton will have another surgery on his left knee and not play a game this season for the Texas Rangers.
- Cy Young winner Keuchel looks to rebound after tough start Updated: May-23-16 7:11 pm
HOUSTON - AL Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel is getting plenty of advice as he goes through his worst stretch since breaking into the majors in 2012.
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return Updated: May-23-16 4:47 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shin-Soo Choo is back on the disabled list after the right fielder played only one game in his return to the Texas Rangers.
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately Updated: May-23-16 2:14 am
There's rarely a dull moment for the Toronto Blue Jays these days.
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab Updated: May-22-16 9:24 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Yu Darvish appears ready to rejoin the Texas Rangers rotation for the first time since Tommy John surgery 14 months ago.
- Pineda ends slump; Yanks top Oakland 5-4 to win 5th straight Updated: May-22-16 8:16 pm
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 Updated: May-22-16 7:45 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Jered Weaver didn't throw a pitch faster than 85 mph Sunday.
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday Updated: May-22-16 6:48 pm
HOUSTON - Texas second baseman Rougned Odor's hearing to appeal an eight-game suspension for punching Toronto's Joey Bautista will be on Tuesday.
- Keuchel undone by big 3rd inning as Rangers beat Astros 9-2 Updated: May-22-16 6:46 pm
HOUSTON - Dallas Keuchel knows Sunday's game could have turned out a lot differently if only he could have put the Texas Rangers away after getting the first two outs in the third inning.
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep Updated: May-22-16 6:30 pm
HOUSTON - Cole Hamels certainly is proud of the longest winning streak in his career.
- Simon struggles as Reds drop 7th straight, 5-4 to Mariners Updated: May-22-16 5:46 pm
CINCINNATI - For the second straight game, the much-criticized Cincinnati Reds bullpen didn't give up a run.
- Martin, Cano help Mariners sweep, hand Reds 7th loss in row Updated: May-22-16 5:25 pm
CINCINNATI - Leonys Martin looked right at home in the leadoff spot.
- Gray put on DL by A's because of strained muscle Updated: May-22-16 3:27 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics ace Sonny Gray has been put on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained trapezius muscle near his right shoulder blade.