- Alonso's 3-run homer gives Athletics 7-4 win over Astros Updated: Apr-30-16 2:51 am
OAKLAND, California - A's first basemen Yonder Alonso has spent the past few weeks doing extra with hitting coaches searching for anything to get him out of a dreadful funk.
- Hernandez ties Mariners win record with 1-0 decision over KC Updated: Apr-30-16 1:11 am
SEATTLE - Felix Hernandez tied Jamie Moyer's franchise record for career victories at 145 in the Seattle Mariners' 1-0 victory over Kansas City on Friday night, the Royals' fourth straight loss.
- Replays don't go Angels' way in 4-2 loss to Rangers Updated: Apr-30-16 12:45 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - A rough night with replay cost the Los Angeles Angels against Texas.
- Successful replay challenge helps Rangers beat Angels 4-2 Updated: Apr-30-16 12:13 am
- A's call up top pitching prospect Manaea to start vs Astros Updated: Apr-29-16 8:46 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sean Manaea, Oakland's top pitching prospect, was recalled from Triple-A Nashville to make his major league debut on Friday night against Houston.
- Rangers' Yu Darvish ready to make first rehab start Sunday Updated: Apr-29-16 6:57 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Texas Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish has a simple goal in his first rehab start on Sunday after last year's Tommy John surgery.
- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.
- After starting trip 4-0, A's head home with .500 swing Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 pm
DETROIT - After Oakland opened a trip with a three-game sweep of the New York Yankees and a win at Toronto, the Athletics had high hopes.
- Angels put closer Street on 15-day DL with oblique strain Updated: Apr-28-16 6:26 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Los Angeles Angels closer Huston Street has been placed on the 15-day disabled list due to a strained left oblique muscle.
- Cano continues hot hitting in Mariners 7-4 loss to Astros Updated: Apr-28-16 3:31 am
SEATTLE - Last season's slow start is just a distant memory for Seattle's Robinson Cano.
- Altuve paces Astros past Mariners, 7-4 Updated: Apr-28-16 2:59 am
SEATTLE - Jose Altuve is convinced the struggling Houston Astros are about to get as hot as he is.
- Angels lose Street, but complete sweep of Royals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels lost closer Huston Street because of a pregame injury, and that put a damper on their three-game sweep of the defending World Series champions.
- Rangers beat Yankees 3-2 despite A-Rod's 100th HR in stadium Updated: Apr-28-16 12:06 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus had the game-winning RBI triple for the Texas Rangers on a night when their shortstop from more than a decade ago hit his 100th homer in the stadium.
- Nintendo plans sale of Mariners' majority stake Updated: Apr-27-16 9:04 pm
SEATTLE - Nintendo of America plans to sell its controlling stake in the Seattle Mariners to a group of minority owners led by John Stanton, who would become the team's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Tigers again fail to score for Pelfrey in 5-1 loss to A's Updated: Apr-26-16 11:38 pm
DETROIT - Mike Pelfrey is four starts into his first season with the Detroit Tigers - and they still haven't given him a single run of support.
- Texas struggling offensively, avoid no-hitter in 3-1 loss Updated: Apr-26-16 12:29 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - The hits just aren't coming for the Texas Rangers, who for a while Monday looked like they might not get any at all.
- Seattle places Benoit on DL, recalls Guaipe from Triple-A Updated: Apr-25-16 6:43 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners have placed right-handed reliever Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right shoulder.
- Bradley, Bosox win in 12 vs Astros after Kimbrel blows save Updated: Apr-25-16 2:24 am
- Miley posts his 1st win for Mariners, beats Pujols, Angels Updated: Apr-24-16 8:01 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Wade Miley overcame his first-inning struggles. The same can't be said for Matt Shoemaker.
- Mat Latos improves to 4-0 as White Sox beat Rangers 4-1 Updated: Apr-24-16 6:59 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos felt he could've done better. Still, it was good enough to maintain his remarkable start.
- Bautista hits 2-run HR as Blue Jays beat Athletics 6-3 Updated: Apr-24-16 5:30 pm
TORONTO - Toronto's potent offense pounded the ball nearly every time Drew Hutchison was pitching last season.
- White Sox catcher Alex Avila on DL with hamstring injury Updated: Apr-24-16 1:15 pm
CHICAGO - The White Sox have placed catcher Alex Avila on the 15-day disabled list because of an injured right hamstring. Chicago recalled Kevan Smith from Triple-A Charlotte on Sunday before the series finale against the Texas Rangers.
- Buchholz allows grand slam as Astros beat Red Sox 8-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 9:02 pm
HOUSTON - Clay Buchholz didn't regret what pitch he threw to Colby Rasmus with the bases loaded in the fifth inning on Saturday.
- McHugh struggles as Astros lose 4th straight, 6-2 to Red Sox Updated: Apr-23-16 1:12 am
HOUSTON - Collin McHugh was the first to admit he was not very good Friday night.
- White Sox pull off odd triple play against Rangers Updated: Apr-22-16 10:36 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox pulled off their first triple play in nearly 10 years in unique fashion in the seventh inning of Friday night's game against Texas.