- Joel Ward leads Sharks past Predators 5-2 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-30-16 2:23 am
SAN JOSE, California - Since early in his career in Nashville, the playoffs have brought out the best in Joel Ward. So it shouldn't have come as any surprise to the Predators that Ward delivered in the third period in his first postseason game against his former team.
- Ducks fire coach Bruce Boudreau after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-29-16 4:27 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks fired coach Bruce Boudreau on Friday, two days after the four-time Pacific Division champions' first-round exit from the playoffs.
- Ducks face changes when slow starts finally catch up to them Updated: Apr-28-16 7:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks began the season by falling far behind in the standings.
- Predators edge Ducks 2-1 in Game 7, advance to 2nd round Updated: Apr-28-16 1:50 am
- Glendale OKs $28 million deal for new arena operator Updated: Apr-27-16 3:05 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Glendale has approved a $28 million deal with a Los Angeles-based arena management firm AEG Facilities for the operation of the Gila River Arena.
- Sharks wait a little longer to find out 2nd-round opponent Updated: Apr-26-16 5:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks are happy to wait a little longer before finding out their second-round playoff opponent.
- Predators force franchise's 1st Game 7, beat Ducks 3-1 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - By treating their elimination game like a Game 7, the Nashville Predators finally have pushed a playoff series to a seventh game.
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Sharks score 3 power-play goals to beat Kings 3-2 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - Given another chance to win a playoff game with their power play, the San Jose Sharks did just that by getting goals instead of just generating chances.
- Hockey sticks no longer one size fits all Updated: Apr-21-16 2:11 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Hockey sticks used to come one size fits all. If players wanted a better fit, it required lots of do it yourself, cutting, sanding, heating and bending the stick into a shape and size that fit them.
- Canucks sign goalie Thatcher Demko to entry-level contract Updated: Apr-20-16 5:51 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Vancouver Canucks signed former Boston College goalie Thatcher Demko to a three-year entry-level contract Wednesday.
- Rats, Octopi and sharks! NHL needs pest control for playoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rats! And Octopi. Even a lifeless shark.
- Phoenix mayor wants shared arena for Suns, Coyotes Updated: Apr-19-16 5:47 pm
- Ducks switch goalies to Andersen for Game 3 vs. Predators Updated: Apr-19-16 2:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Goaltender Frederik Andersen will start Game 3 for Anaheim with the Ducks trailing 0-2 in their opening series with the Nashville Predators.
- Sharks look to bring road success back home against Kings Updated: Apr-18-16 2:28 am
SAN JOSE, California - The playoffs started the way much of this season has gone for the San Jose Sharks: a successful road trip where structured defense, strong goaltending and solid all-around play led to two straight wins in Los Angeles.
- Ducks top NHL on power play, penalty kill, overall defense Updated: Apr-13-16 7:46 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The NHL's stingiest defensive team also had the best power play and the best penalty kill this season.
- Canucks sign North Dakota defenseman Troy Stecher Updated: Apr-13-16 7:22 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Vancouver Canucks signed North Dakota defenseman Troy Stecher on Wednesday.
- Playoff teams needing crucial points find offense on defense Updated: Apr-13-16 4:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Come the postseason, NHL teams need as much scoring as they can get. The Nashville Predators are ready to lean, yet again, on their defense for a little help in that department.
- Kings GM: Doughty should win Norris, and it's not even close Updated: Apr-12-16 6:45 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Defenseman Drew Doughty is the bedrock of the Los Angeles Kings' run to two Stanley Cup titles and their return to the postseason this week.
- Predators goalie Rinne ready for new start in postseason Updated: Apr-12-16 6:21 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The postseason offers the opportunity for a fresh start, and Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne couldn't be happier.
- High-profile injuries around NHL muddle playoff landscape Updated: Apr-12-16 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The defending Eastern Conference Tampa Bay Lightning are a lot more uneasy going into the playoffs than they were a year ago. Not having Steven Stamkos and Anton Stralman can do that.
- Rakell, Perron, Bieksa should be ready for Ducks playoffs Updated: Apr-12-16 5:29 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks reached the postseason and won the Pacific Division despite a dismayingly long injury list. They expect it to get shorter after they finally hit the ice against Nashville.