- Sharks sign veteran forward Joel Ward to 3-year deal Updated: Jul-03-15 6:05 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks have signed veteran forward Joel Ward to a three-year contract.
- Oilers sign No. 1 pick McDavid to 3-year, entry-level deal Updated: Jul-03-15 1:56 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Connor McDavid played 66 junior games for the Erie Otters this season and seven more at the world junior championship. Even when the hockey stopped, there was more to do.
- Ducks sign new D Kevin Bieksa to 2-year extension thru 2018 Updated: Jul-02-15 8:54 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Defenseman Kevin Bieksa has agreed to a two-year, $8 million contract extension through 2018 with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Sharks sign McNally, McCarthy, Lerg, Haley to contracts Updated: Jul-02-15 6:32 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks signed former Harvard defenseman Patrick McNally to a two-year contract Thursday and forwards John McCarthy, Bryan Lerg and Micheal Haley to one-year deals.
- Ducks re-sign defenseman Korbinian Holzer to 1-year deal Updated: Jul-02-15 5:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Defenseman Korbinian Holzer has re-signed with the Anaheim Ducks, agreeing to a one-year deal worth $750,000.
- Rangers' Martin St. Louis announces retirement Updated: Jul-02-15 3:54 pm
- Canucks fire 2 assistant GMs, director of player personnel Updated: Jul-02-15 3:49 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Vancouver Canucks cleaned out their front office, firing assistant general managers Laurence Gilman and Lorne Henning and director of player personnel Eric Crawford on Thursday.
- Sharks hire 2 assistants for DeBoer's staff Updated: Jul-02-15 2:36 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks have hired Bob Boughner as an assistant coach and Johan Hedberg as goaltending coach for Peter DeBoer's new staff.
- World championships lands defenseman Moore job with Devils Updated: Jul-02-15 2:30 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Playing in the recent world hockey championships for the United States might have been the best thing that has happened to defenseman John Moore.
- Longtime Sharks executive Wayne Thomas retires Updated: Jul-02-15 1:36 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Longtime San Jose Sharks executive Wayne Thomas is retiring after 22 years in the organization.
- Kessel trade to Penguins highlights start of NHL free agency Updated: Jul-02-15 12:13 am
On the first day of NHL free agency, a blockbuster trade stole the spotlight.
- Coyotes sign Richardson, Michalek to start free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 8:44 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes signed forwards Brad Richardson and Steve Downie, added goalie Anders Lindback and brought back defenseman Zbynek Michalek.
- Rangers busy on opening day of free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 6:33 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - The New York Rangers have signed defenseman Raphael Diaz and forwards Jayson Megna, Matt Lindblad, Viktor Stalberg and Brian Gibbons as free agents.
- Ducks sign veterans Matt Hackett, Chris Mueller, Joe Piskula Updated: Jul-01-15 6:17 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Goalie Matt Hackett, center Chris Mueller and defenseman Joe Piskula have agreed to one-year contracts with the Anaheim Ducks.
- Sather stepping down as Rangers' GM, will stay as president Updated: Jul-01-15 6:09 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Glen Sather didn't get a chance to raise the Stanley Cup as general manager of the New York Rangers, so he'll just have to settle for making them a lot better in his 15 seasons in charge.
- Avalanche reach deals with Beauchemin, Comeau Updated: Jul-01-15 4:42 pm
DENVER - More leadership for the Colorado Avalanche? Check. Added toughness? A big check - especially in regard to the hard-hitting variety.
- Sharks sign D Paul Martin to open free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 4:24 pm
SAN JOSE, California - After missing the playoffs for the first time since 2003, the San Jose Sharks went into the offseason with a clear focus on becoming tougher defensively.
- Canucks trade Kassian to Canadiens for Prust Updated: Jul-01-15 3:15 pm
- Oilers sign Sekera for 6 years, Letestu for 3 years Updated: Jul-01-15 2:33 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The Edmonton Oilers have continued their offseason makeover, signing defenseman Andrej Sekera and center Mark Letestu on Wednesday.
- Flames sign Frolik to 5-year deal; Ramo back for 1 year Updated: Jul-01-15 2:23 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames have signed right wing Michael Frolik to a five-year contract and brought back goaltender Karri Ramo for another season on Wednesday.
- LA Kings sign G Jhonas Enroth to back up Jonathan Quick Updated: Jul-01-15 1:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Goalie Jhonas Enroth has signed with the Los Angeles Kings, agreeing to a one-year, $1.25 million deal to back up Jonathan Quick.
- Flames bring back Karri Ramo, sign goalie to 1-year deal Updated: Jul-01-15 12:11 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames are bringing back goaltender Karri Ramo, signing him to a one-year deal.
- Coyotes acquire Gordon from Edmonton for Korpikoski Updated: Jun-30-15 11:14 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Boyd Gordon never really wanted to leave Arizona, so the veteran forward is thrilled to be back in the desert.
- Sharks acquire goalie Martin Jones from Bruins Updated: Jun-30-15 9:35 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Martin Jones was at the top of San Jose's list as general manager Doug Wilson went into the offseason searching for a starting goaltender.
- Flames sign defenseman Dougie Hamilton to 6-year contract Updated: Jun-30-15 8:27 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Bruins general manager Don Sweeney didn't think Dougie Hamilton would have been "comfortable" signing long term in Boston.