- Utah lawmaker pleads guilty to fraud charge, resigns Updated: Oct-09-15 6:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a surprise move, a Utah state lawmaker pleaded guilty to fraud and resigned Friday, acknowledging he took about $24,000 in campaign money from his former boss, the mayor of Salt Lake County.
- Salt Lake City mayoral candidates square off in debate Updated: Oct-08-15 6:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker and challenger Jackie Biskupski squared off in a debate Thursday that covered issues ranging from the renovation of the airport to police dealings with the homeless.
- Medicaid plan gets first public hearing but no vote yet Updated: Oct-06-15 10:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers held the first public hearing Tuesday evening on a new plan to help thousands of Utah's poor get health insurance by expanding Medicaid. They didn't take any action on the plan, however, after hearing hours of testimony from doctors, advocates for the poor and more.
- Utah lawmaker eyes scrapping of car inspection law Updated: Sep-30-15 2:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state lawmaker is exploring whether Utah should eliminate its safety inspection requirements for cars, a move that would put the state in line with several others that have scrapped such programs in recent years.
- Utah unveils tool showing impact of federal budget crisis Updated: Sep-24-15 7:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Lawmakers worried about Utah's reliance on U.S. government funds unveiled an online calculator Thursday that shows how the state would be hit by various federal budget disasters like a shutdown.
- Correction: Lawmakers Road Trip story Updated: Sep-17-15 7:21 pm
MOAB, Utah - In a story Sept. 16 about Utah lawmakers' road trip, The Associated Press reported erroneously the number of state representatives on the trip. There were 53, not 62.
- Lawmaker: More penalties for those flying drones near fires Updated: Sep-10-15 12:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah lawmaker is working on legislation that would create new penalties for anyone caught flying a drone near a wildfire.