- Caldwell says he's done talking about controversial play Updated: Oct-06-15 6:51 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Jim Caldwell wants to turn his focus to Detroit's next game - and he's insisting his players do the same.
- Missed call overshadows Seahawks' defensive dominance Updated: Oct-06-15 5:54 pm
SEATTLE - If K.J. Wright had simply fallen on the loose ball as it bounced, there would be no controversy hanging over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Chancellor's big play allows Seattle to beat Detroit 13-10 Updated: Oct-06-15 2:51 am
SEATTLE - With one big punch, Kam Chancellor showed his importance to the Seattle Seahawks.
- Strange late sequence gives Seattle 13-10 win over Detroit Updated: Oct-06-15 2:33 am
SEATTLE - Kam Chancellor saw the ball exposed and threw a punch.
- Bad break, missed call allows Seattle to beat Detroit 13-10 Updated: Oct-06-15 1:36 am
SEATTLE - The Detroit Lions fumbled away their chance at completing a drive that could turnaround the winless start to their season.
- Ebron out with knee injury for Detroit Updated: Oct-05-15 10:11 pm
- Warford out again for Detroit; Lynch, Mebane out for Seattle Updated: Oct-05-15 7:22 pm
SEATTLE - Detroit right guard Larry Warford is out for Monday night's game against the Seattle Seahawks, a big blow for an already struggling offensive line.
- Lions WR Golden Tate passes on chance to clarify comments Updated: Oct-01-15 4:05 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate passed on a chance Thursday to clarify comments that created a stir.
- Lions coach Caldwell sticking with Lombardi to call plays Updated: Sep-28-15 5:19 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Detroit Lions coach Jim Caldwell had to look back a ways to point out how well his winless team was doing on offense. Back to when games didn't count.
- Raiders, Falcons, Panthers lead early turnarounds Updated: Sep-28-15 4:20 pm
So the Raiders can win on the road - and in the Eastern time zone, too.
- Manning, Broncos still unbeaten after win over Lions Updated: Sep-28-15 2:34 am
DETROIT - Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos are undefeated, even though they haven't exactly wowed anybody offensively.
- Peyton Manning throws 2 TD passes, Broncos beat Lions 24-12 Updated: Sep-28-15 2:13 am
DETROIT - Peyton Manning was cool and confident, lofting passes to teammates as if they were buddies in his backyard.
- Detroit's Stafford listed as probable for Sunday's game Updated: Sep-25-15 7:05 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford is listed as probable for Sunday night's game against Denver.
- Bears QB Jimmy Clausen looking more like starter vs Seattle Updated: Sep-24-15 6:20 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Jimmy Clausen has probably done tougher things before in the NFL, though it is not easy to think of more daunting tasks than being a backup quarterback who will step in to start at Seattle against the Seahawks.
- Injured Lions QB Stafford throws at practice for Broncos Updated: Sep-23-15 5:16 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Matthew Stafford took snaps and threw at practice as if it was just another day at work.
- Stafford's health a concern as Lions head into home opener Updated: Sep-21-15 7:54 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions haven't played a home game yet, and already they've lost twice and watched their quarterback get knocked around to the point where his status this week is in some question.
- With Peterson 'back home,' Vikings top Lions 26-16 Updated: Sep-21-15 3:01 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson wasn't around Minnesota last season.
- Peterson, Vikings keep Lions winless with 26-16 victory Updated: Sep-20-15 6:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - There were plenty of dark days for Adrian Peterson and the Vikings last year. Their opener this season was ugly, too.
- Seahawks-Packers at not quite the same stakes Updated: Sep-18-15 12:32 am
The Packers probably don't need any extra incentive when facing the Seahawks, particularly with the memory of their fourth-quarter NFC championship collapse in Seattle still fresh and painful.
- Detroit's duo of Stafford, Johnson combined for dud in loss Updated: Sep-16-15 6:00 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Calvin Johnson was cloaked all game by the San Diego Chargers, whose game plan included trying to shut down the superstar with multiple defenders.
- Run over in Week 1, Vikings try to rebound vs. Lions Updated: Sep-16-15 3:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings and their defensive-minded head coach spent all offseason focusing on improving a run defense that was among the worst in the league.
- Lions have plenty to correct after second-half fade Updated: Sep-14-15 7:46 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - If Detroit's season opener against San Diego had ended a bit differently, Ameer Abdullah might be the talk of the NFL.
- Rivers rallies Chargers to 33-28 victory over Lions Updated: Sep-14-15 2:54 am
SAN DIEGO - There's going to be uncertainty all season about the Chargers' future, whether it's in San Diego or in the Los Angeles area.
- Rivers rallies Chargers to 33-28 victory over Lions Updated: Sep-13-15 8:45 pm
SAN DIEGO - This is why the San Diego Chargers gave Philip Rivers an $84 million contract extension during training camp.
- Emanuel set to start at outside linebacker for Chargers Updated: Sep-13-15 3:24 pm