- Records: NSA paid Utah over $1M to police data center roads Updated: Aug-01-15 11:02 am
BLUFFDALE, Utah - The National Security Agency has paid Utah more than $1 million over the past year and a half for state troopers to guard the entrance to the spy agency's massive data center south of Salt Lake City, according to Utah Highway Patrol records.
- No fatal crashes over Pioneer Day weekend, troopers say Updated: Jul-28-15 5:23 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Highway Patrol says nobody died on Utah's roads during the celebratory Pioneer Day weekend.
- Utah trooper trapped under car says he's lucky to be alive Updated: Jul-25-15 5:06 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah Highway Patrol trooper says he's feeling lucky to be alive after he was trapped underneath a car while trying to help a stranded motorist.
- Utah ambulance crashes after patient grabs wheel; 3 hurt Updated: Jul-24-15 4:17 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say a Utah ambulance crashed after a psychiatric patient grabbed the steering wheel, injuring two medical workers and the man getting treatment.
- Man, 2 kids hurt in collision on I-15 in Centerville Updated: Jul-19-15 6:46 pm
CENTERVILLE, Utah - Two children and a man are in the hospital following a collision on I-15 in Centerville.
- Pedestrian's death on I-15 may have been a suicide Updated: Jul-19-15 12:10 pm
RIVERDALE, Utah - Authorities say a man who was fatally hit by a semi on a highway near Riverdale may have intended to end his life.
- Utah carjacking suspect who was hit with Taser dies Updated: Jul-15-15 5:06 am
OGDEN, Utah - An Ogden man who was accused of carjacking a woman and was hit four times by a Taser has died.
- Utah lawmakers look at passing statewide body camera rules Updated: Jul-07-15 5:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - As more police agencies issue body cameras to their officers, Utah needs to set statewide standards about what should be filmed and who can see it, lawmakers and advocates said Tuesday.
- Jaws of life free trooper trapped under vehicle after crash Updated: Jul-07-15 3:33 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A Utah Highway Patrol trooper trapped beneath a car after he stopped to help a crashed motorist was recovering Tuesday, authorities said.
- Correction: Seat Belt Violations story Updated: Jul-06-15 5:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a story July 5 about violations under a new Utah seat belt law, The Associated Press erroneously reported information about the number of stops and citations issued. Patrol officers conducted 5,350 stops this year compared to 2,310 during the same period last year, not more than 6,178 stops this year compared to 3,928 last year; and about 70 drivers received full citation tickets this year, not 900.