- Lawyer ordered to pay $15,000 in long-running lawsuit Updated: May-31-15 7:58 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Nebraska judge has ordered a lawyer to pay $15,000 for filing frivolous motions in a long-running lawsuit dispute over a defunct insurance company's assets.
- Nebraska court upholds return of baby to biological parents Updated: May-29-15 3:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A judge was right to return a baby to its biological parents, who had given up the child for adoption in 2013 to friends who could not have children of their own, the Nebraska Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- Man convicted in 1985 cult killings dies in Nebraska prison Updated: May-25-15 1:41 pm
TECUMSEH, Nebraska - A man who had spent three decades on Nebraska's death row for the 1985 cult killings of two people, including a 5-year-old boy, has died in prison, officials said Monday.
- Court: Nebraska wrongly ended girl's home care benefits Updated: May-22-15 5:22 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services was wrong to end Medicaid benefits that had helped a woman care for her profoundly disabled daughter at home for more than a decade, the Nebraska Supreme Court ruled Friday, in a case that could affect how the department determines the eligibility of other children with long-term care needs.
- Nebraska high court upholds woman's life sentence for murder Updated: May-22-15 11:35 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has affirmed the life sentence of a woman who killed her boyfriend's 68-year-old mother in 2013.
- Man's claim that insurer to blame for crash costs rejected Updated: May-19-15 4:17 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A lower court was right to dismiss a man's claim that his auto insurance company should pay his costs in a wrongful death case for a crash he caused because the insurer didn't push him to have more coverage, the Nebraska Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday.
- Nebraska high court upholds 3 life sentences for killer Updated: May-08-15 11:54 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has affirmed the conviction and three life sentences of an Omaha man for his role in killing a drug dealer and two of the dealer's sons during a home invasion robbery.