- Indiana U. challenges part of new abortion restrictions law Updated: May-25-16 7:01 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana University Board of Trustees and three of the school's research officials filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday seeking to block part of the state's new abortion law that bars them from acquiring fetal tissue for scientific purposes.
- Legislative study committee will examine LGBT civil rights Updated: May-25-16 3:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers said Wednesday that they will have a committee study the possibility of adding LGBT civil rights protections into state law after refusing to do so last year when the state drew widespread criticism over a religious objections law that critics said amounted to an invitation to discriminate against gay people.
- The Latest: Pence says he's set to debate Democratic ticket Updated: May-25-16 11:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on Democratic Indiana gubernatorial candidate John Gregg's running mate announcement (all times local):
- AP source: Democrat Gregg picks Rep. Hale as running mate Updated: May-24-16 10:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Democrat John Gregg has selected Indianapolis state Rep. Christina Hale as his running mate in what's shaping up to be a fierce rematch against Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
- Attorneys for death row inmate seek more time for appeal Updated: May-24-16 1:16 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - Attorneys for a Gary man sentenced to death for killing his wife and two teenage stepchildren have asked a magistrate to give him more time to sign a document needed for the case to be reviewed.
- Pence asks feds to investigate China steelmakers' actions Updated: May-21-16 1:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is urging the federal government to investigate complaints by U.S. Steel that China is violating international trade laws.
- Consumer groups ask court to reconsider records ruling Updated: May-19-16 6:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Consumer advocates asked the Indiana Supreme Court on Thursday to reconsider a recent ruling that allows lawmakers to ignore requests for emails and other documents that are made under the state's public records law.
- Newborn blood sample case appealed to Indiana's high court Updated: May-19-16 6:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana couple seeking the destruction of millions of newborn blood samples stored in a state warehouse is appealing their case to the Indiana Supreme Court.
- Panel recommends discipline against former prosecutor Brizzi Updated: May-19-16 2:33 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court's Disciplinary Commission has recommended former Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi face discipline for misconduct while in office.
- Ex-legislator wants recount in Democratic congressional race Updated: May-17-16 4:08 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - A former state legislator is seeking a recount in the Democratic primary for a southwestern Indiana congressional seat.
- Driver legally drunk in fatal southeastern Indiana crash Updated: May-11-16 6:06 pm
VERSAILLES, Indiana - Indiana State Police say a Cincinnati man was legally intoxicated when he drove into the path of a semitrailer, killing himself and two passengers.
- Body of female recovered from Ohio River in Perry County Updated: May-11-16 5:02 pm
TROY, Indiana - Authorities say the body of a female has been recovered from the Ohio River in southern Indiana.
- Indiana seeks new judge after no damages awarded in IBM case Updated: May-10-16 5:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Attorneys for the state are challenging a judge's decision not to award Indiana damages in its long-running fight with IBM Corp. over the company's failed effort to privatize state welfare services, saying a new judge should be appointed to handle the case.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: May-10-16 10:01 am
The (Fort Wayne) Journal Gazette. May 6, 2016
- Indiana continues to pursue Illiana Expressway proposal Updated: May-09-16 10:43 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - The Indiana Department of Transportation has agreed to pay to make changes to an environmental impact statement to try to revive the proposed Illiana Expressway toll road project linking northern Illinois and northwestern Indiana.
- Objects tossed from overpass onto Indiana Toll Road; 1 hurt Updated: May-09-16 4:03 pm
ELKHART, Indiana - Indiana State Police are running extra patrols in the area after chunks of concrete and other objects were tossed from an overpass onto the Indiana Toll Road in Elkhart County.
- Pence names Indianapolis lawyer to state Supreme Court Updated: May-09-16 3:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis attorney Geoffrey Slaughter, tapped to become the newest member of the Indiana Supreme Court, will "serve the people of Indiana with great distinction," Gov. Mike Pence said Monday in announcing Slaughter as his pick to fill a vacancy on the state's highest court.
- Indiana voters send mixed signals in heated campaign season Updated: May-08-16 10:33 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The volatile 2016 campaign season turns toward the November general election with mixed signals from Indiana voters, who showed some rebellious spirit in Tuesday's primary by giving victories to outsiders Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders in the presidential races. But they didn't fully mutiny against establishment candidates, as evidenced by the rejection of a tea party-backed congressman for the GOP Senate nomination.
- Amish teen dies in buggy crash involving 3 cars Updated: May-06-16 12:36 pm
ECONOMY, Indiana - Police say an Amish teen died when a buggy was struck by a car and sideswiped by a second car, ejecting him into the path of a third car.
- Indiana Gov. Pence says he'll support Donald Trump Updated: May-05-16 11:34 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence says he will support Donald Trump as the Republican Party's presidential candidate in the November election.
- Trump at top of ticket is wild card in Indiana Senate race Updated: May-04-16 4:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The race to be Indiana's next U.S. senator would appear to be Rep. Todd Young's to lose after his resounding victory in the Republican primary Tuesday, but the outcome of his faceoff with Democrat Baron Hill in November is no forgone conclusion.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Indiana authorities to crack down on seat belt violations Updated: May-02-16 10:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana State Police are warning motorists that law enforcement agencies throughout the state will be cracking down on people who don't use seat belts.
- Senate candidate paid relative $170K for past campaign work Updated: Apr-30-16 12:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana Senate candidate who has railed against out-of-control government spending paid his brother-in-law nearly $170,000 to manage the finances of his congressional campaign. The relative worked as a car salesman and actor but had no experience rounding up political donations.
- Protesters march against Carrier moving work to Mexico Updated: Apr-29-16 6:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Several hundred people gathered at the Indiana Statehouse on Friday to protest air conditioning giant Carrier Corp.'s decision to move 1,400 jobs from the state to Mexico to save money.