- Blackhawks' Brad Richards gets chance for 2nd Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-02-15 6:56 pm
- New Jersey Devils hire John Hynes as new head coach Updated: Jun-02-15 2:19 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - John Hynes was hired Tuesday as coach of the New Jersey Devils, becoming the youngest coach in the NHL at 40 years old.
- Rangers goaltender Mackenzie Skapski has hip surgery Updated: Jun-02-15 2:14 pm
NEW YORK - New York Rangers goaltender Mackenzie Skapski has had hip surgery and is expected to be sidelined four to five months.
- AP Source: Devils to hires John Hynes as head coach Updated: Jun-01-15 11:17 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey general manager Ray Shero has reached into his ties with the Pittsburgh Penguins to pick the Devils' next head coach, John Hynes, a person with knowledge of the hiring told The Associated Press on Monday night.
- Rangers' best regular season fails to lead to Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-01-15 6:30 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Three days after squandering a chance to reach the Stanley Cup Final for the second straight season, the New York Rangers' disappointment and frustration was still there for all to see.
- Columbus signs 2 defensemen to entry-level contracts Updated: Jun-01-15 3:57 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed two young defensemen to entry-level contracts.
- Rangers' Zuccarello was sidelined by small skull fracture Updated: Jun-01-15 3:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - New York Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello could not speak for four days after being hit in the head by a shot in the opening round of the playoffs and sustaining a small skull fracture and some bleeding.
- Young Lightning prove they belong on hockey's biggest stage Updated: May-31-15 7:33 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The NHL playoffs have been a roller coaster of excitement, punctuated by a pair of Game 7s over the weekend to decide the Stanley Cup finalists.
- Lightning strike: Tampa Bay heads to Cup finals Updated: May-30-15 3:34 am
NEW YORK - One thing to count on when the Tampa Bay Lightning play for the Stanley Cup: They won't be intimidated by anything.
- Lightning strike: Tampa Bay beats Rangers, will play for Cup Updated: May-30-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - The only history the Tampa Bay Lightning were interested in was what they would create.
- Rangers come up a game short of playoff for The Cup again Updated: May-30-15 12:17 am
NEW YORK - After losing the Stanley Cup final to the Los Angeles Kings last season, the New York Rangers came into the season with a simple motto: "Change the finish."
- New Jersey Devils sign F Sergey Kalinin to entry-level deal Updated: May-29-15 3:32 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils have signed forward Sergey Kalinin to an entry-level contract.
- Jackets re-sign defenseman Justin Falk to 1-year, 2-way pact Updated: May-29-15 11:36 am
- Hurricanes' CFO out after nearly 35 years with team Updated: May-28-15 8:08 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Mike Amendola is out as the Carolina Hurricanes' chief financial officer.
- Bylsma faces big rebuilding challenge in taking over Sabres Updated: May-28-15 7:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The circumstances have changed for Dan Bylsma in taking over as coach of the young and rebuilding Buffalo Sabres.
- Blue Jackets sign Goloubef to 2-year contract extension Updated: May-28-15 4:20 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed defenseman Cody Goloubef to a two-year contract extension through the 2016-17 season, locking him up before he could become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
- Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom has hip surgery Updated: May-28-15 11:11 am
WASHINGTON - Washington Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom has had hip surgery and the team expects him to be ready for next season.
- AP Source: Sharks to hire Peter DeBoer as head coach Updated: May-27-15 2:52 pm
- Lightning routed 7-3 by Rangers in Game 6 Updated: May-27-15 12:58 am
TAMPA, Florida - Lightning goalie Ben Bishop admitted that he really doesn't want to watch the tape of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.
- Brassard, Lundqvist lead Rangers past Lightning 7-3 Updated: May-27-15 12:09 am
- Penguins GM: Dan Bylsma free to pursue any coaching job Updated: May-21-15 7:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Former Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma is free to take any job opening, including the Buffalo Sabres' vacancy.
- Blue Jackets tap Nick Foligno as first captain in 3 years Updated: May-20-15 1:03 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Like father, like son: Nick Foligno now is an NHL captain just like his dad was.
- Public trail work begins on historic Hudson River island Updated: May-20-15 9:12 am
FORT EDWARD, New York - Work is underway to turn a historic site on an island the upper Hudson River into a heritage tourism destination.
- Man who scammed NHL pleads guilty to forgery charges in Ohio Updated: May-19-15 5:11 pm
CLEVELAND - A man who once conned the National Hockey League into thinking he was a wealthy entrepreneur well-qualified to buy one of the league's most storied franchises has been convicted of another scam.
- Linesman Brad Kovachik hurts leg in Game 2 of Rangers-Tampa Updated: May-18-15 10:06 pm