- Hornqvist scores in OT, Penguins beat Capitals 3-2 Updated: May-05-16 12:53 am
- Ovechkin, Tavares, Weber are Messier finalists Updated: May-04-16 7:46 pm
NEW YORK - Washington's Alex Ovechkin, the New York Islanders' John Tavares and Nashville's Shea Weber are the finalists for the Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award.
- Boyle's OT goal lifts Lightning past Islanders 5-4 in Game 3 Updated: May-04-16 12:13 am
NEW YORK - Brian Boyle delivered a hard hit and then took advantage of a lucky carom to get the Tampa Bay Lightning a big playoff win.
- Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins Updated: May-03-16 6:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.
- Penguins defenseman Letang suspended 1 game for interference Updated: May-03-16 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Penguins will be without Kris Letang for Game 4 against Washington after the NHL suspended him one game Tuesday after interfering with Washington's Marcus Johansson early in Pittsburgh's 3-2 win over the Capitals on Monday night.
- Islanders look to bounce back in Game 3 against Lightning Updated: May-03-16 3:29 am
SYOSSET, New York - The New York Islanders know there are several areas they need to improve to avoid falling behind in their second-round series against Tampa Bay.
- Capitals defenseman Orpik thinks 3-game suspension is fair Updated: May-02-16 2:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Brooks Orpik was trying to be physical. Yet the instant the Washington Capitals defenseman made contact with Pittsburgh defenseman Olli Maatta's head early in Game 2 on Saturday night, Orpik knew he had crossed a sometimes vague line between aggressive and illegal.
- Marquette facility wins Kraft Hockeyville USA contest Updated: May-02-16 2:02 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Marquette's Lakeview Arena has won the title of Kraft Hockeyville USA, a $150,000 grand prize and the opportunity to host an NHL preseason game.
- Rangers agree to deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta Updated: May-02-16 1:00 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers have agreed to a deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta.
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists Updated: May-01-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - Florida's Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh's Pascal Dupuis and the New York Rangers' Mats Zuccarello are the finalists for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy as the NHL player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
- Down a man after Orpik hit, Pens top Caps 2-1; series 1-all Updated: May-01-16 12:36 am
WASHINGTON - Already down a game in their second-round playoff series, Kris Letang and the Pittsburgh Penguins suddenly were down a man, too, on Saturday night, when Olli Maatta was leveled by a high hit from Washington's Brooks Orpik less than 5 minutes in.
- Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1 Updated: Apr-30-16 7:51 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Tyler Johnson continues to have postseason success.
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Metro staying open an hour later for Capitals playoff game Updated: Apr-28-16 9:02 am
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Updated: Apr-26-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended by the NHL for three games for a high hit on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie.
- Winds of change coming to Rangers after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-26-16 4:57 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Change is coming to the New York Rangers, and it probably will hit the core group that carried the team deep into the Stanley Cup playoffs the past two seasons.
- Penguins goaltender Fleury still dealing with concussion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury skated alongside some of his teammates on Monday, but says he's still dealing with concussion symptoms and is uncertain on when he will return.
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Updated: Apr-25-16 4:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - Phil Kessel speaks in a polite whisper, as if he's worried talking too loudly might inadvertently attract the spotlight and well, he doesn't want that.
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Updated: Apr-25-16 3:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Just as it has in every season since winning it all in 1975, Philadelphia heads home without a Stanley Cup.
- Karmanos gets into mortgage-lending business with startup Updated: Apr-25-16 7:10 am
BIRMINGHAM, Michigan - Businessman and Hockey Hall of Fame member Peter Karmanos is getting into the residential mortgage-lending business with a startup company.
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Updated: Apr-25-16 2:08 am
NEW YORK - The New York Islanders' long playoff drought is over.
- Panthers C Nick Bjugstad out for Game 5 against Islanders Updated: Apr-24-16 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Florida center Nick Bjugstad is out for Game 6 of the Panthers' first-round series against the New York Islanders on Sunday night after sustaining a head injury in the last game.
- Capitals close out Flyers in 6 games with 1-0 victory Updated: Apr-24-16 4:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Early in the third period, a Flyers fan held up a sign directed at Washington that read, "You'll choke."