- Aussie lawmakers gifted designer watches, think they're fake Updated: Feb-10-16 2:46 am
SYDNEY - Australia's former prime minister and two other politicians were gifted designer watches by a Chinese businessman - but initially kept them only because they thought the 40,000 Australian dollar ($28,000) timepieces were fake, a newspaper reported Wednesday.
- The Latest: Japan mulls sanctions after NKorea launch Updated: Feb-07-16 11:28 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The Latest on North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket (all times local):
- Malaysian PM defends strict security laws to fight terrorism Updated: Jan-25-16 1:31 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia's leader on Monday defended the country's strict security laws, saying they are needed to fight terrorism as the Islamic State group warned of revenge over a crackdown on its members.
- Obama touts Australia's contribution to Islamic State fight Updated: Jan-19-16 3:55 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Tuesday thanked Australia for its "steadfast" alliance and key contributions in the fight against Islamic State group, as he welcomed Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to the White House for his first visit to Washington since taking office in September.
- Australia resists US pressure to boost efforts against IS Updated: Jan-13-16 10:19 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia said Thursday that it was among 40 countries urged by the United States to increase their military contributions in Iraq and Syria following the Paris attacks in November. But Australia told the U.S. that its commitment would remain largely unchanged.