- Former Missouri QB Maty Mauk signs with Eastern Kentucky Updated: May-21-16 12:40 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - Former Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk has signed an athletic grant-in-aid to play this season for Eastern Kentucky.
- West Virginia expects NCAA to clear Grier to start 2017 Updated: May-20-16 8:22 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen says he expects suspended former Florida quarterback Wil Grier to be eligible for the start of the 2017 season.
- Former South Carolina starting QB Connor Mitch to transfer Updated: May-20-16 6:21 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former South Carolina starting quarterback Connor Mitch will leave the Gamecocks after he graduates this summer.
- Tennessee's season opener gets new Thursday night date Updated: May-20-16 2:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's season opener with Appalachian State has been moved to a Thursday night kickoff on Sept. 1.
- Georgia's signing class gets late boost with RB Herrien Updated: May-18-16 2:27 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia's 2016 signing class received a late boost Wednesday with the addition of New Manchester High School running back Brian Herrien.
- Florida's McElwain watching how Gators QBs lead in summer Updated: May-17-16 9:27 pm
NEW YORK - How Florida's quarterbacks lead the team throughout the offseason, when the players are spending most of their time working out without the coaches, will go a long way toward determining who will start for the Gators in September.
- Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson, teammate arrested Updated: May-17-16 6:21 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson and reserve defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones have been released from jail after their arrest on drug and weapons charges.
- South Carolina native Troy Brown added to SC Athletic Hall Updated: May-16-16 6:19 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Three-time Super Bowl champion Troy Brown couldn't help but smile after once again proving doubters wrong.
- Auburn releases contracts of 5 new assistants Updated: May-13-16 8:45 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - New Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele will make at least $3.6 million over the next three years.
- Georgia's Chauncey Rivers dismissed following third arrest Updated: May-13-16 3:21 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia defensive end Chauncey Rivers was dismissed from school on Friday following his third arrest on marijuana charges.
- Ex-Aggie Isaiah Golden gets 10 years for 2014 robbery Updated: May-13-16 12:36 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - A Texas A&M player kicked off the team following his 2014 arrest in a drug-related case must serve 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to robbery.
- End run: Coastal fans take stadium fight to governor Updated: May-13-16 8:46 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - Coastal Carolina fans have called an end run, taking their fight to expand the Chanticleer's football stadium to South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley.
- Richt back in Georgia, wishes Bulldogs well Updated: May-12-16 8:44 pm
ATLANTA - Miami coach Mark Richt says he wishes nothing but the best for Georgia.
- Alabama hires Karl Dunbar as defensive line coach Updated: May-12-16 7:52 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama has hired Karl Dunbar to coach the defensive linemen.
- Alabama dismisses JUCO transfer Charles Baldwin from team Updated: May-12-16 4:29 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama coach Nick Saban has dismissed highly rated junior college transfer Charles Baldwin from the team.
- Missouri hires Ofodile as recruiting coordinator Updated: May-09-16 8:30 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri has hired A.J. Ofodile, a former tight end with the Tigers, as director of recruiting operations.
- After death, Mississippi State warns off stadium trespassers Updated: May-09-16 7:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi State University officials Monday warned people not to trespass in the school's football stadium after a 21-year-old student fell through the roof of a video scoreboard Saturday and died.
- The Latest: Family of UAB back deciding on organ donation Updated: May-09-16 7:01 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - The Latest on the fatal shooting of University of Alabama Birmingham running back Gregory Bryant (all times local):
- LSU brings back Austin Thomas as player personnel director Updated: May-09-16 5:56 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU head football coach Les Miles says he has brought director of player personnel Austin Thomas back to his staff after Thomas' brief departure for Southern California.
- The Latest: Victim fell from video board to concrete Updated: May-07-16 12:13 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - The Latest on the Saturday morning death of a Mississippi State University student who fell from a video display at the football stadium (all times local):
- Texas A&M sheds some swagger and tries to change trajectory Updated: May-06-16 4:11 am
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The five-star quarterbacks are gone, replaced at Texas A&M by a graduate transfer looking for a second chance. The hotshot young coordinator is out. A seasoned veteran assistant is now running Texas A&M's offense.
- Texas A&M coach apologizes for tweets on player's reversal Updated: May-05-16 4:59 pm
Texas A&M assistant coach Aaron Moorehead has apologized for a series of tweets about loyalty and accountability he posted soon after a highly touted quarterback recruit announced he was breaking a verbal commitment to the Aggies.
- Ole Miss coach was 'shocked' by Tunsil comments at NFL draft Updated: May-05-16 1:10 pm
Mississippi coach Hugh Freeze was surprised by former Rebels offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil's statement at the NFL draft that he accepted money from a coach while at the school.
- Arkansas' Hatcher out 4-6 weeks following foot surgery Updated: May-05-16 12:32 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas football coach Bret Bielema says receiver Keon Hatcher will miss 4-6 weeks of offseason work after follow-up surgery on the same foot that cost him most of last season.
- Correction: Troy Football Player Killed story Updated: May-05-16 12:24 pm
GULF SHORES, Alabama - In a story May 2 about a fatal motorcycle crash, The Associated Press used the wrong last name of the crash victim on second reference. It's Harris, not Woodruff.