- Arkansas freshman TE O'Grady arrested on DWI charge Updated: Aug-28-15 6:32 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas tight end C.J. O'Grady was arrested by Fayetteville police Friday and charged with driving while intoxicated and being a minor in possession of alcohol.
- Barnett, Maggitt give No. 25 Vols fierce pass-rushing tandem Updated: Aug-28-15 4:42 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Opposing quarterbacks could encounter double trouble when they face Tennessee.
- Australian punters influencing American college football Updated: Aug-28-15 11:09 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A series of coincidences led LSU coach Les Miles to bring in his first Australian punter.
- Sumlin's style a hit with players at Texas A&M Updated: Aug-28-15 8:54 am
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - A visit to Texas A&M football practice is musically akin to a trip to a swanky hip-hop club in downtown Houston or a hotspot on Miami's South Beach.
- Fayetteville, Pine Bluff, PA atop Arkansas football polls Updated: Aug-28-15 2:08 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Last season's Class 7A runner-up, Fayetteville, is a near-unanimous pick as the top team in Arkansas in the preseason Associated Press high school football poll.
- Chryst, Wisconsin starting to focus No. 3 Alabama Updated: Aug-27-15 9:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - First-year coach Paul Chryst and the Wisconsin Badgers are starting to focus on their opener against No. 3 Alabama on Sept. 5 in Arlington, Texas.
- Defense dominates in Missouri's final scrimmage Updated: Aug-27-15 9:38 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Defense dominated with three interceptions, seven sacks and 15 tackles for loss in No. 24 Missouri's final scrimmage Thursday night.
- Colorado State, Florida set game as part of coach's buyout Updated: Aug-27-15 9:14 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Colorado State and Florida will play in 2018 as part of coach Jim McElwain's hefty buyout.
- Georgia QB battle appears to be between Ramsey, Lambert Updated: Aug-27-15 8:26 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - The competition to be Georgia's starting quarterback appears to be down to Brice Ramsey and Greyson Lambert.
- Florida offensive tackle Martez Ivey out with leg injury Updated: Aug-27-15 6:24 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida offensive tackle Martez Ivey, the prized recruit of coach Jim McElwain's first class, is sidelined indefinitely with a leg injury.
- Florida Gators to play 2 quarterbacks in season opener Updated: Aug-27-15 6:21 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida's quarterback competition will stretch into the season.
- No. 25 Vols lose McNeil to injury, suspend Howard for 1 game Updated: Aug-27-15 4:39 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee safety LaDarrell McNeil is out indefinitely and wide receiver Alton "Pig" Howard has been suspended for the season opener, continuing a series of preseason hits to the Volunteers' depth.
- Bowl Eligible? South Carolina looking to host 1st bowl game Updated: Aug-27-15 4:18 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Organizers of the annual college all-star game held in South Carolina are confident the contest known as The Medal of Honor Bowl will become the state's first traditional bowl game now that the Confederate flag no longer flies on Statehouse grounds.
- Middle Tennessee's 3-game deal with Missouri starts in 2016 Updated: Aug-26-15 8:14 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee has agreed to a three-game deal with Missouri with the series starting in 2016 and featuring a trip by the Southeastern Conference team to Tennessee in 2022.
- Free-spirited Tretola leads Arkansas' offensive line Updated: Aug-26-15 6:28 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Sebastian Tretola slowly stands at the mere mention of his possible obsessive compulsive disorder, and for a moment you aren't sure if this dreadlocked, 325-pound behemoth means you harm.
- Auburn secondary counting on transfers Countess, Matthews Updated: Aug-26-15 6:08 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Hard-hitting safety Tray Matthews expects to add some "boom" to Auburn's defense. Cornerback Blake Countess, meanwhile, brings versatility and the experience that comes with starting 30 games for Michigan.
- Judge dismisses lawsuit by Texas A&M's Chavis against LSU Updated: Aug-26-15 1:48 pm
BRYAN, Texas - A Texas judge has dismissed a contract dispute lawsuit filed by Texas A&M defensive coordinator John Chavis against his former employer, LSU.
- Tennessee experiments with high-tech sleep monitors Updated: Aug-26-15 3:09 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - About an hour before a Tennessee football player's scheduled bedtime, he gets a reminder via an app on his phone or a text message. That's when he puts on orange glasses that block out the glow of smartphones or computer screens, making it easier to fall asleep.
- South Carolina to start sophomore QB Connor Mitch in opener Updated: Aug-25-15 7:35 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Connor Mitch finally won the quarterback job at South Carolina, and Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier said Tuesday the sophomore has a chance to keep it well beyond next week's season opener with North Carolina.
- Former Vandy football player in rape case to play at Lane Updated: Aug-25-15 6:40 pm
JACKSON, Tennessee - A former Vanderbilt football player accused of raping an unconscious student has been admitted to Lane College, and the coach there said he will play football.
- Alabama, LSU lead way on coaches' preseason All-SEC teams Updated: Aug-25-15 3:30 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama and LSU each placed 10 players on the coaches' preseason All-Southeastern Conference teams.
- Injuries already causing problems for plenty of Top 25 teams Updated: Aug-25-15 2:27 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has no time to celebrate its first Top 25 appearance in three years.
- Pick 6: Most intriguing games of the season Updated: Aug-25-15 2:59 am
Every game counts. Some games count more than others.
- Stoops: NCAA rules Love, Hart ineligible for this season Updated: Aug-24-15 8:11 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach Mark Stoops says the NCAA has denied hardship waiver requests by linebacker Courtney Love and tight end Greg Hart to play this season for the Wildcats after transferring from Nebraska.
- Enos making smooth transition as coordinator at Arkansas Updated: Aug-24-15 6:21 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Just because Dan Enos isn't a head coach anymore doesn't mean has hasn't brought big-picture thinking to his new job as Arkansas' offensive coordinator.