- House lawmakers support removing wolf from endangered list Updated: Feb-09-16 1:37 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers have come a step closer to upholding the state's controversial decision late last year to remove the gray wolf from its endangered species list.
- The Latest: Nevada lawmaker to support Oregon occupiers Updated: Feb-08-16 8:03 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Latest on an armed group that took over buildings at a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon (all times local):
- Oregon lawmakers propose bill to address chronic absenteeism Updated: Feb-08-16 11:34 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers are moving forward with a bill that addresses the high rate of chronic absenteeism in the state's schools.
- Washington bill seeks partial automatic voter registration Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Months after Washington state saw record low voter turnout, several lawmakers and Secretary of State Kim Wyman say they want to help increase engagement with automatic voter registration for some.
- Minimum wage hike gains momentum in Legislature Updated: Feb-05-16 9:11 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The minimum wage debate gained momentum at the Legislature on Friday when a handful of senators narrowly favored a newly proposed bill to raise wages in a three-tiered approached aimed at pleasing Oregon's wide spectrum of urban and rural areas.
- Colorado right-to-die bill approved by House panel Updated: Feb-05-16 2:25 am
DENVER - A Democrat-led state House committee has approved a Colorado right-to-die bill that would provide a legal option for the terminally ill to end their lives.
- Lawmakers consider upping court fees to fund construction Updated: Feb-02-16 1:59 pm
BEND, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers are considering raising fees on some citations and court filings to fund construction of new courthouses.
- Senate Democrats unveil new corporate tax proposal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:44 pm
SALEM, Oregon - On the opening day of Oregon's legislative session, Senate Democrats on Monday unveiled a new corporate tax proposal that would raise an extra $1 billion for the state during its next two-year budget cycle.
- The Latest: Lawmakers rally support for tax overhaul Updated: Feb-01-16 3:47 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Latest on the start of the Legislative session (all times local):
- Oregon lawmakers will again consider recording grand juries Updated: Feb-01-16 3:00 pm
BEND, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers will have a chance to reconsider the merits of recording grand jury proceedings as the legislative session gets underway in February.
- Editorials from around Oregon Updated: Feb-01-16 12:48 pm
Selected editorials from Oregon newspapers.
- Gov. Brown, lawmakers lay out priorities for 2016 session Updated: Jan-26-16 8:35 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown and legislative leaders on Tuesday presented their priorities for the legislative session that starts next week, and her fellow Democrats made it clear they intend to press ahead with passing legislation to raise Oregon's minimum wage.
- US Rep. Smith speaks against Missouri DNR land purchase Updated: Jan-25-16 10:52 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - U.S. Rep. Jason Smith on Monday said the state Department of Natural Resources didn't seek enough public input on its plans to build a new state park in southeastern Missouri.
- Oregon lawmakers consider liquor tax ahead of Nov. ballot Updated: Jan-24-16 9:55 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregonians have many options for places to buy wine and beer. Hard alcohol, however, requires a separate trip to one of the limited state-owned liquor stores. But that could change if voters pass a ballot measure proposed for November that would allow hard alcohol to sit alongside beer and wine on grocery-store shelves.
- Oregon lawmaker proposes new transportation package Updated: Jan-23-16 1:57 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon lawmaker is proposing a new transportation package to improve roads, with money from raising gas taxes.
- Effort aims to investigate, prosecute illegal firearm buys Updated: Jan-18-16 6:18 pm
BEND, Oregon - The Oregon State Police now has a trooper in Deschutes County who focuses on investigating suspected illegal firearms purchases.
- Oregon struggling to agree on minimum wage hike Updated: Jan-16-16 12:48 pm
SALEM, Oregon - There's general agreement about increasing Oregon's minimum wage from the current $9.25 an hour.
- Lawmakers seek to ratify wolf's removal from endangered list Updated: Jan-15-16 6:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Two Republican state lawmakers are trying to thwart a lawsuit filed by environmental groups over a decision to remove the gray wolf from Oregon's Endangered Species Act list.