- Family demands news of Nigerian girl who escaped Boko Haram Updated: Jun-23-16 6:24 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Even family haven't been able to see her. Nigeria's Bring Back Our Girls movement is demanding that the government provide news of the only Chibok schoolgirl among 219 kidnapped to escape the clutches of Boko Haram Islamic extremists.
- Group: Ethiopia's security forces killed over 400 protesters Updated: Jun-16-16 8:29 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - Ethiopian security forces have killed more than 400 people in a crackdown on protests in the Oromia region since November, Human Rights Watch said Thursday.
- Across the world, shock and condemnation at Orlando massacre Updated: Jun-13-16 3:43 pm
From across the world, officials and public figures are expressing condemnation and shock over the Florida mass shooting at the Pulse Orlando nightclub on Sunday, when police say a gunman wielding an assault-type rifle opened fire, killing at least 49 people and wounding dozens.
- Rights group: Republic of Congo troops killed 18 in CAR Updated: Jun-07-16 2:47 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Republic of Congo soldiers killed at least 18 people, including women and children, while serving as African Union and United Nations peacekeepers in Central African Republic between December 2013 and June 2015, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday. The group urged the Republic of Congo to investigate and bring the soldiers to justice.
- Rights group calls on Egypt to drop charges against lawyer Updated: Jun-07-16 10:59 am
CAIRO - Human Rights Watch on Tuesday called on Egypt to drop charges against a rights lawyer and halt the investigation of two senior judges who jointly drafted an anti-torture law.