- UN to meet on May 6 on protection of Palestinian civilians Updated: Apr-27-16 11:55 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council will hold an informal meeting on May 6 on the protection of Palestinian civilians, an issue the Palestinians have pressed for decades and say is more needed now than ever.
- 2 men including USAID employee killed in Bangladesh Updated: Apr-25-16 7:15 pm
NEW DELHI - Unidentified assailants fatally stabbed two men in Bangladesh's capital Monday night, including a gay rights activist who also worked for the U.S. Agency for International Development, police said, in the latest in a series of attacks targeting atheists, moderates and foreigners.
- Turkey hails 'effective' migrant deal as EU leaders visit Updated: Apr-23-16 5:06 pm
GAZIANTEP, Turkey - Turkey's prime minister said Saturday the number of migrants crossing into Greece illegally has dropped considerably, as proof that a much criticized migration deal between Turkey and the European Union is working.
- Amnesty calls on Sudan to investigate killing of student Updated: Apr-20-16 2:25 pm
CAIRO - Amnesty International is calling on the Sudanese government to investigate the killing of an 18-year-old university student it says came at the hands of intelligence agents.
- Amnesty calls for release of 35 men detained in South Sudan Updated: Apr-15-16 11:32 am
JUBA, South Sudan - Amnesty International on Friday called for the release of 35 men the group says are being held illegally and without charge, sometimes for over a year, by South Sudan's National Security Service. A government spokesman denied the allegations.
- Recent attacks claimed by radical Islamists in Bangladesh Updated: Apr-08-16 1:08 am
NEW DELHI - The hacking and shooting to death of a student activist in Bangladesh has renewed international concern that advocates of secularism and free speech are unsafe in the mostly Muslim nation.
- Rights group: Dramatic increase in executions in 2015 Updated: Apr-05-16 8:20 pm
NEW YORK - Amnesty International reports that there was a dramatic 54 percent increase in executions globally in 2015, with Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia responsible for nearly 90 percent of the killings.
- Turkey forcibly returning Syrians to war zone: Amnesty Updated: Mar-31-16 8:11 pm
- Amnesty report alleges labor abuse at Qatar World Cup venue Updated: Mar-31-16 4:40 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Migrant laborers faced abuse that in some cases amounted to forced labor while working on a stadium that will host soccer matches for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, a new report released by Amnesty International alleged Thursday.