- Upton's homer-robbing catch highlights Padres' 11-7 loss Updated: Jun-29-16 2:25 am
SAN DIEGO - The Baltimore Orioles would have hit four home runs Tuesday night if not for Melvin Upton Jr.
- Jones, Kim, Davis homer in Orioles' 11-7 win against Padres Updated: Jun-29-16 2:13 am
SAN DIEGO - Adam Jones and the Baltimore Orioles wore out Petco Park in a rare visit to the San Diego Padres' big downtown ballpark.
- Padres place Jay on DL with broken forearm, recall Dickerson Updated: Jun-28-16 8:21 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have placed Jon Jay on the 15-day disabled list with a broken right forearm.
- Reds retires Pete Rose's number, finally beat Padres 3-0 Updated: Jun-26-16 5:18 pm
CINCINNATI - The only thing missing from Pete Rose's gala was a win by the Reds. Their top starter took care of it.
- Reds retire Rose's No. 14, capping big weekend for hits king Updated: Jun-26-16 5:05 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds formally retired Pete Rose's No. 14 on Sunday, capping a big weekend for baseball's hits king that was a success for the franchise in every way except on the field.
- Johnson hit hard in Padres' 7-2 loss to Orioles Updated: Jun-22-16 11:23 pm
BALTIMORE - Erik Johnson's ERA is high, and so is his confidence.
- Jimenez bounces back to help Orioles beat Padres 7-2 Updated: Jun-22-16 10:58 pm
BALTIMORE - Given a reprieve from his unwanted role as a long reliever, Ubaldo Jimenez wasn't necessarily looking to work his way back into the Baltimore Orioles starting rotation.
- Bullpen falters in Orioles' 10-7 loss to Padres Updated: Jun-22-16 12:51 am
- Pomeranz, Padres overcome 3 Nats homers to win 6-3 Updated: Jun-19-16 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - Drew Pomeranz made three obvious mistakes for the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Luckily for him, that's where the damage ended.
- Padres near a deal to add Edwin Jackson Updated: Jun-16-16 10:31 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Padres appear to be close to an agreement with right-hander Edwin Jackson on a minor-league contract.
- A really big hit in Japan: Suzuki picks off Rose's total Updated: Jun-16-16 3:10 am
TOKYO - Ichiro Suzuki's latest milestone has been a really big hit in Japan.
- Suzuki passes Rose's total as Marlins lose to Padres 6-3 Updated: Jun-15-16 9:27 pm
SAN DIEGO - With two hits Wednesday, Ichiro Suzuki raised his career total in the Japanese and North American major leagues to 4,257, passing Pete Rose's record Major League Baseball total.
- Tyler Anderson's strong debut leads Rockies past Padres, 2-1 Updated: Jun-12-16 8:53 pm
DENVER - Tyler Anderson started Sunday with 14 people yelling loudly for him at Coors Field. When he walked off the field after an impressive major league debut, 32,932 other fans joined his personal cheering section.
- Cashner leaves after 6 pitches with back/neck tightness Updated: Jun-10-16 9:25 pm
DENVER - San Diego Padres right-hander Andrew Cashner left a game Friday night against Colorado with upper back and neck tightness after throwing six pitches.
- Inciarte, Teheran lead Braves to 4-2 win against Padres Updated: Jun-08-16 7:46 pm
SAN DIEGO - For one game at least, the Atlanta Braves didn't look like the worst team in the majors.
- Shields, White Sox looking for fresh start after trade Updated: Jun-07-16 8:21 pm
CHICAGO - James Shields wants to pitch in more big games and is ready for a fresh start. So are the struggling Chicago White Sox.
- Gray fans 12; CarGo hits 2 2-run HRs in Rockies' 10-3 win Updated: Jun-06-16 1:19 am
SAN DIEGO - As spectacular as Carlos Gonzalez's two two-run home runs were, the slugger eagerly deferred to the performance of Colorado Rockies right-hander Jon Gray.
- Padres trade Shields, cash to White Sox for Johnson, Tatis Updated: Jun-04-16 9:00 pm
- Trevor Hoffman, Moises Alou to manage All-Star Futures Game Updated: Jun-03-16 5:40 pm
NEW YORK - Retired Padres closer Trevor Hoffman and Moises Alou will be the managers for the All-Star Futures Game on July 10 in San Diego.
- Mariners stun Padres with 14 runs in 2 innings to win 16-13 Updated: Jun-03-16 2:09 am
- Padres executive calls team 'embarrassing,' 'pathetic' Updated: Jun-02-16 12:18 am
SAN DIEGO - San Diego Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler criticized his team in a radio interview on Wednesday, saying its recent performances have been "embarrassing" and "pathetic."
- Mets add Loney to lineup, send INF/OF Campbell to minors Updated: Jun-01-16 1:18 am
NEW YORK - The Mets optioned utility player Eric Campbell to Triple-A Las Vegas on Tuesday, opening a roster spot for new first baseman James Loney.
- Seattle uses 5 home runs to pummel San Diego 16-4 Updated: May-31-16 8:28 pm
SEATTLE - When the Seattle Mariners offseason makeover was complete, the expectation was they would be less reliant on hitting home runs.