- Rea takes no-hit bid into 7th; Padres beat Mets 5-3 Updated: May-06-16 1:54 am
SAN DIEGO - The shift helped keep Colin Rea's no-hit bid going into the seventh inning, and then a shift cost the right-hander a chance at the San Diego Padres' ever-elusive gem.
- Padres' Colin Rea loses no-hit bid in 7th vs Mets Updated: May-06-16 12:07 am
- Same old story: Padres blanked for 8th time Updated: May-04-16 8:39 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Padres did not give Cesar Vargas any run support in Wednesday's 2-0 loss to the Colorado Rockies.
- Chatwood leads Rockies to 2-0 win, Padres' 8th shutout Updated: May-04-16 8:31 pm
SAN DIEGO - Tyler Chatwood's long road back from Tommy John surgery seemed a little shorter on Wednesday.
- Kemp, Wallace power Padres to 6-3 win over Rockies Updated: May-04-16 1:59 am
SAN DIEGO - Eddie Butler started off strong Tuesday night, retiring the first 11 batters he faced. He couldn't make it last.
- Kershaw: 3-hitter, 14 Ks, RBI single, Dodgers top Pads 1-0 Updated: May-01-16 9:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers desperately needed a stopper to end their six-game losing streak. Up stepped Clayton Kershaw, with his arm and bat.
- Dodgers end April with 6-game skid, tie for NL West lead Updated: May-01-16 2:29 am
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers ended April with a six-game losing streak, and yet still find themselves tied for the division lead despite an offense that has sputtered badly under first-year manager Dave Roberts.
- Belt drives in 5, Giants complete sweep of Padres Updated: Apr-27-16 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Brandon Belt is giving himself credit for a home run in the first inning, even though the wind held up his shot for a sacrifice fly. He had a good day regardless.
- Gyorko leads Cardinals' hit parade in 8-5 win against Padres Updated: Apr-24-16 9:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jedd Gyorko didn't mind being booed when he returned to San Diego with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cole pitches well, Pirates rout Padres 11-1 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-22-16 1:30 am
SAN DIEGO - After losing six of eight games, the Pittsburgh Pirates needed a game like they got from Gerrit Cole on Thursday night.
- Padres place LHP Erlin on disabled list with strained elbow Updated: Apr-21-16 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have placed left-hander Robbie Erlin on the disabled list with a strained left elbow, the second starter to be sidelined in the season's opening weeks.
- Big Mac manages for 1st time after Padres' Green is ejected Updated: Apr-20-16 12:01 am
SAN DIEGO - Mark McGwire managed in a regular-season game for the first time after San Diego Padres skipper Andy Green was ejected in the third inning against Pittsburgh on Tuesday night.
- Tomas' 1st 2-homer game carries D-backs to 7-3 win Updated: Apr-17-16 8:52 pm
SAN DIEGO - After a gut-wrenching marathon loss Saturday night, the Arizona Diamondbacks had a sweet Sunday.
- Diamondbacks recall 2 relievers to bolster depleted bullpen Updated: Apr-17-16 4:00 pm
- Vince Velasquez strikes out 16, Phillies beat Padres 3-0 Updated: Apr-14-16 4:42 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Call him Vinny the K.
- Brewers, Reds have hopeful opening weeks in transition years Updated: Apr-12-16 2:08 am
MILWAUKEE - Whether contender or assumed also-ran, baseball teams share at least one sentiment at the beginning of every season.
- Story hits 7th homer as Rockies beat Padres 6-3 Updated: Apr-10-16 8:32 pm
DENVER - Rookie Trevor Story kept reporters milling around his locker for about an hour Sunday while doing what a team spokesman described as his first big "monster workout" of the week.
- Padres' Solarte leaves game with hamstring injury Updated: Apr-09-16 10:30 pm
DENVER - Padres third baseman Yangervis Solarte left after straining his right hamstring running to first base in a game against the Rockies on Saturday night.
- Padres put pitcher Ross on disabled list with shoulder woe Updated: Apr-09-16 7:28 pm
DENVER - The San Diego Padres have put opening day pitcher Tyson Ross on the 15-day disabled list because of inflammation in his right shoulder.
- Padres end scoring drought with 13-6 win over Rockies Updated: Apr-08-16 10:14 pm
DENVER - There was one consolation for Melvin Upton Jr., and the San Diego Padres during their record scoring drought to start this season.
- Padres end shutout streak at 30 innings, get 1st run of year Updated: Apr-08-16 5:56 pm
DENVER - The San Diego Padres have ended their major league record 30-inning scoreless streak to start the season.
- Maeda homers in Dodgers' win; Padres set mark for futility Updated: Apr-07-16 1:29 am
SAN DIEGO - So much joy and so much agony in one game.
- Padres tie MLB record by starting with 26 scoreless innings Updated: Apr-06-16 11:58 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have tied the major league record with 26 straight scoreless innings to start a season.
- Japanese pitcher Maeda homers in 2nd at-bat of MLB debut Updated: Apr-06-16 10:36 pm