- Reds swept by Cubs 9-2 after Rizzo hits inside-the-park HR Updated: Jun-29-16 5:38 pm
CINCINNATI - Left fielder Adam Duvall and center fielder Billy Hamilton called for the ball at the same time. Neither one got it, setting up another bad moment for a Reds team that can't seem to do anything right lately.
- Rizzo hits inside-the-park homer as Hamilton gets hit, hurt Updated: Jun-29-16 5:28 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo hit his first inside-the-park homer on Wednesday, providing another weird moment to the Chicago Cubs' series against the Cincinnati Reds.
- Rizzo legs out inside-the-park HR, Cubs sweep Reds 9-2 Updated: Jun-29-16 5:05 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo saw the ball ricochet across the outfield and kicked his legs into high gear, deciding he was going to try to touch 'em all. His sides were aching by the time he slid safely into home plate.
- Reds sent JJ Hoover back to minors after rough outing Updated: Jun-29-16 12:21 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds optioned reliever J.J. Hoover to Triple-A Louisville on Wednesday, a few hours after his latest rough outing set a club record.
- Cubs' Bryant becomes first with 3 homers, 2 doubles Updated: Jun-27-16 10:07 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs' Kris Bryant became the first major leaguer to hit three homers and two doubles in a game on Monday night against the Cincinnati Reds.
- Cubs call up Peralta to help struggling bullpen Updated: Jun-27-16 7:15 pm
- Reds retires Pete Rose's number, finally beat Padres 3-0 Updated: Jun-26-16 5:18 pm
CINCINNATI - The only thing missing from Pete Rose's gala was a win by the Reds. Their top starter took care of it.
- Reds retire Rose's No. 14, capping big weekend for hits king Updated: Jun-26-16 5:05 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds formally retired Pete Rose's No. 14 on Sunday, capping a big weekend for baseball's hits king that was a success for the franchise in every way except on the field.
- Rangers put Holland on DL, and Lewis won't throw for 4 weeks Updated: Jun-23-16 12:20 am
Struggling left-hander Derek Holland joined Yu Darvish on the disabled list Wednesday before the Texas Rangers said yet another starter, Colby Lewis, was headed there as well.
- Straily's struggles costs Reds in 6-4 loss at Texas Updated: Jun-23-16 12:19 am
- Hamels Ks 8 in 8th win for Rangers, 6-4 for split with Reds Updated: Jun-22-16 11:59 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cole Hamels won again for the Texas Rangers on the same day they wrapped up a stretch of 20 games in 20 days and found out two of their other starting pitchers are going on the disabled list.
- Lewis leaves early, streaks end as Rangers fall to Reds 8-2 Updated: Jun-22-16 12:21 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Colby Lewis felt cramping in his right arm while allowing three of the first four hitters to reach base capped by a home run in the first inning of his first start since flirting with a perfect game.
- Gattis, Valbuena homer as Astros top Reds 6-0 Updated: Jun-19-16 6:15 pm
HOUSTON - The bottom of Houston's order is starting to heat up and it helped the Astros to a lopsided win over the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday.
- Astros can't cash in on opportunities in 4-2 loss to Reds Updated: Jun-18-16 1:16 am
- Freeman stays hot with 2-run HR as Braves beat Reds 7-2 Updated: Jun-16-16 4:23 pm
ATLANTA - Cincinnati manager Bryan Price was worried when he saw Braves slugger Freddie Freeman hitting only .242 at the start of a four-game series.
- Braves' Freddie Freeman hits for cycle against Reds Updated: Jun-15-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - Freddie Freeman's leadoff single in the 11th inning against the Reds made him the first Braves player to hit for the cycle in eight years.
- Semien, Smolinski lead A's past Reds 6-1 to snap 7-game skid Updated: Jun-12-16 5:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Somebody commented to Oakland manager Bob Melvin about the loud music playing in the clubhouse after his team's 6-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
- Athletics call up Muncy, RH Neal for series vs Reds Updated: Jun-10-16 6:50 pm
- Reds put CF Billy Hamilton on 7-day concussion list Updated: Jun-10-16 6:06 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds placed center fielder Billy Hamilton on the seven-day concussion list Friday, opening a spot so right-hander Anthony DeSclafani could start the first game of a series against the Oakland Athletics.
- Molina's single lets Cards take another series from Reds 3-2 Updated: Jun-09-16 11:16 pm
CINCINNATI - A little vintage Adam Wainwright and another booed hit by Yadier Molina have the St. Louis Cardinals headed up.
- Historic site opens at Cincinnati Reds' former home Updated: Jun-08-16 9:24 pm
CINCINNATI - The Crosley Field Historic Site opened Wednesday on property where the Cincinnati Reds played for decades, with a colorful mural and replicas meant to jog memories and imaginations.
- Cardinals activate 3B Jhonny Peralta for series vs. Reds Updated: Jun-07-16 4:54 pm
- Murphy, Papelbon help Nationals hold on to beat Reds 10-9 Updated: Jun-05-16 6:27 pm
CINCINNATI - With the bases loaded and nobody out in the ninth inning, Jonathan Papelbon was clinging to a one-run lead.
- Dusty Baker welcomed back to city where he made the playoffs Updated: Jun-03-16 8:35 pm
CINCINNATI - Dusty Baker felt a little strange in his return to the place he used to call home. It didn't take long for him to get welcomed, though. The Nationals manager got a haircut and felt some love from Reds fans who would love to have him back.
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez gets a homer after review Updated: Jun-03-16 8:32 pm
CINCINNATI - Reds third baseman Eugenio Suarez got his third homer in two games on Friday night, the latest with the help of a video review.