- Simon struggles again as Reds lose sixth straight game Updated: May-01-16 12:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Cincinnati signed Alfredo Simon as a free agent during spring training hoping he could recapture the magic of 2014 he won 15 games for the Reds and pitched in the All-Star Game.
- Liriano, Jaso help Pirates win 6th straight, 5-1 over Reds Updated: May-01-16 12:17 am
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano found a simple approach for getting his first win since opening day - throwing strikes.
- Walker's 9th HR helps Mets beat Reds 5-2 to win 6th straight Updated: Apr-28-16 12:15 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets let Daniel Murphy go in free agency this offseason after his power surge last fall propelled them to the World Series.
- Mets put catcher d'Arnaud on DL with strained rotator cuff Updated: Apr-26-16 6:01 pm
NEW YORK - Mets catcher Travis d'Arnaud has been placed on the disabled list for the fifth straight season.
- Reds' Phillips extends hit streak, then hit by pitch, exits Updated: Apr-25-16 9:05 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips has been hit in the finger by a pitch from Mets ace Noah Syndergaard and forced to exit the game Monday night.
- Right at home: Reds' Phillips has 33-game hit streak at Mets Updated: Apr-25-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds star Brandon Phillips once again was a hit in New York.
- Reds RF Bruce put on paternity list, RHP Somsen promoted Updated: Apr-25-16 6:39 pm
NEW YORK - The Cincinnati Reds have put right fielder Jay Bruce on the three-day paternity list and called up right-hander reliever Layne Somsen from Triple-A Louisville.
- Rizzo's 2 homers, 4 RBIs lead Cubs to 9-0 rout of Reds Updated: Apr-24-16 5:53 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo's sessions with Chicago Cubs assistant hitting coach Eric Hinske are starting to pay off.
- Cubs give up 4 homers, lose to Reds 13-5 Updated: Apr-23-16 11:20 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs finally had one of those nights against a team they'd manhandled lately.
- Gibson replaces injured Kellogg on Mets-Braves umpire crew Updated: Apr-23-16 3:41 pm
- Jake Arrieta reaching new heights, along with his Cubs team Updated: Apr-22-16 9:37 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs got together in one of their hotel rooms and threw a pizza party to celebrate Jake Arrieta's second no-hitter. Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but it's the best they could do after midnight.
- Cubs' Arrieta throwing no-hitter vs Reds through 8 innings Updated: Apr-22-16 7:22 am
- Pete Rose leads off induction ceremony for Bobblehead hall Updated: Apr-21-16 5:05 am
MILWAUKEE - Leading off for the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum: Pete Rose.
- Reds take advantage of baserunning blunder, beat Rockies 6-5 Updated: Apr-20-16 6:08 pm
CINCINNATI - Eugenio Suarez's sharp eyesight at third base helped the Cincinnati Reds to a win.
- Reds option RHP Robert Stephenson, promote RHP Drew Hayes Updated: Apr-20-16 1:22 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds optioned RHP Robert Stephenson to Triple-A Louisville on Wednesday and promoted RHP Drew Hayes from Triple-A Louisville.
- Reds swipe 5 bases in an inning off Rockies' De La Rosa Updated: Apr-19-16 9:10 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds stole five bases during their biggest inning on the bases in roughly a century.
- Former big league pitcher Milt Pappas dies at age 76 Updated: Apr-19-16 6:38 pm
CHICAGO - Milt Pappas, who came within a disputed pitch of throwing a perfect game for the Chicago Cubs in 1972 and was part of the lopsided trade that brought Frank Robinson to Baltimore, died Tuesday. He was 76.
- Reds scratch RHP Alfredo Simon vs Rockies with sore arm Updated: Apr-19-16 5:20 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds scratched right-hander Alfredo Simon from his scheduled start against the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday night because of biceps tendinitis, the latest setback to a depleted rotation that's going day to day.
- Eric Fryer's 3 hits leads Cardinals over Reds 4-3 Updated: Apr-17-16 6:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - Given a rare chance to start, Eric Fryer showed the St. Louis Cardinals what he is capable of.
- Cubs rip Reds 9-2 for best start since 1985 Updated: Apr-14-16 12:29 am
- Reds C Mesoraco sidelined by right hip tightness Updated: Apr-13-16 6:58 pm
CHICAGO - Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco and shortstop Zack Cozart are out of the lineup for Cincinnati's game against the Chicago Cubs.
- Brewers, Reds have hopeful opening weeks in transition years Updated: Apr-12-16 2:08 am
MILWAUKEE - Whether contender or assumed also-ran, baseball teams share at least one sentiment at the beginning of every season.
- Mural to honor stadium where Cincinnati Reds once played Updated: Apr-12-16 12:16 am
CINCINNATI - Officials with the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum say a mural portraying a game from the 1950s will honor the baseball team's former home.
- Reds' Finnegan loses no-hit bid with 2 outs in 7th vs Cubs Updated: Apr-11-16 10:25 pm
CHICAGO - Cincinnati Reds left-hander Brandon Finnegan lost his bid for a no-hitter to David Ross with two outs in the seventh inning against the Cubs in Chicago's home opener.
- Reds SS Cozart leaves game with tightness in right quad Updated: Apr-11-16 10:19 pm