- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Warriors facing long odds down 3-1, but it has been done Updated: May-25-16 8:05 am
MIAMI - Here's good news for Golden State: It's not over.
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of elimination Updated: May-25-16 7:27 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Suddenly, these Golden State Warriors who have been compared all season to the Chicago Bulls dynasty of the 1990s are on the brink of elimination.
- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him Updated: May-24-16 1:51 pm
MIAMI - Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Draymond Green fined $25,000, not suspended for groin kick Updated: May-23-16 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Draymond Green was fined $25,000 but not suspended by the NBA on Monday for kicking Oklahoma City center Steven Adams in the groin.
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick Updated: May-22-16 10:28 am
Mark Cuban is picking the Oklahoma City Thunder to win the NBA's biggest prize.
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching Updated: May-21-16 3:47 am
OAKLAND, California - Billy Donovan is trying to accomplish the improbable and lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a championship as a first-year NBA coach, just as Steve Kerr did guiding Golden State to its first title in 40 years last June in his rookie season running the Warriors.
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron Updated: May-20-16 6:26 pm
This is our Magic vs. Bird.
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court Updated: May-20-16 5:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - A black sleeve protecting his sore right elbow, MVP Stephen Curry insists he's fine after yet another postseason injury.
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason Updated: May-19-16 7:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - A far cry from his brash, former basketball-playing father, Klay Thompson is perfectly content to be the soft-spoken, second superstar behind MVP Stephen Curry. He is more than happy to let Draymond Green do the arguing, arm flexing and trash talking.
- Curry dazzles again, Warriors even series with Thunder 1-1 Updated: May-19-16 1:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Once Stephen Curry finally gathered himself and got up following a scary first-quarter dive into the stands, fans inside Oracle Arena could take a breath, sit back and watch the MVP put on a spectacular shooting show.
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air Updated: May-18-16 2:10 am
Starting a postseason 9-0 does not guarantee a championship.
- TNT sees big ratings for Oklahoma City-Golden State opener Updated: May-17-16 10:29 pm
ATLANTA - The Western Conference finals opener between Oklahoma City and Golden State was TNT's highest-rated conference finals Game 1 since 2011.
- Warriors take little solace in NBA acknowledging blown call Updated: May-17-16 7:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - The fact that the NBA acknowledged missing a late travel call on Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook did little to appease Golden State coach Steve Kerr a day later.
- Thunder's Steven Adams apologizes for 'monkeys' comment Updated: May-17-16 5:37 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oklahoma City center Steven Adams understands that he has to live with the fallout of using a derogatory term to describe Golden State's guards.
- Plenty of star power remains at point guard in NBA playoffs Updated: May-17-16 2:12 am
MIAMI - LeBron James is fond of saying that today's NBA is driven by point guards.
- Warriors rest up and gear up to face Thunder in West finals Updated: May-13-16 9:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry surprised coach Steve Kerr with how quickly he found his groove the past two games after returning from a right knee injury, even with a few more misses than usual for the MVP.
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return Updated: May-13-16 6:01 pm
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio's unexpected and abrupt end to the season brings on another stressful summer that begins with what has become an annual quandary.
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals Updated: May-13-16 12:25 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Thunder flipped the script, and now they're heading to the Western Conference finals.
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Spurs, 95-91, for 3-2 lead Updated: May-11-16 12:49 am
SAN ANTONIO - Russell Westbrook couldn't be stopped down the stretch, not even when the San Antonio Spurs were trying to foul him.
- Durant's mother, the 'Real MVP,' subject of Lifetime movie Updated: May-07-16 4:07 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - With a single sentence uttered by her world-famous son Kevin Durant, Wanda Pratt's life changed forever.
- NBA: 5 incorrect non-calls at end of Spurs-Thunder game Updated: May-03-16 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA said Tuesday there were five incorrect non-calls on the wild final sequence in San Antonio, including a foul on Oklahoma City's Dion Waiters that referees earlier had already acknowledged they missed.
- Oklahoma City still embarrassed by lopsided loss Updated: May-01-16 7:46 pm
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Updated: Apr-27-16 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - New Washington Wizards coach Scott Brooks was surprised it took so long to get the question. Almost 15 minutes into his introductory news conference he was asked, "Let's get this out of the way: Are you going to bring Kevin Durant here?"