- Ozzie Guillen to manage in native Venezuela next winter Updated: Feb-10-16 8:37 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Ozzie Guillen, who led the Chicago White Sox to the 2005 World Series title, was hired Wednesday to manage the La Guaira Sharks of the Venezuelan Winter League next offseason.
- RHP Mat Latos agrees to $3M, 1-year deal with White Sox Updated: Feb-09-16 4:45 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos agreed Tuesday to a $3 million, one-year contract with the Chicago White Sox, giving manager Robin Ventura another option for the back end of his rotation.
- Marlins sign infielder Don Kelly to minor league deal Updated: Feb-04-16 6:52 pm
MIAMI - Infielder Don Kelly has signed a minor league contract with the Miami Marlins, with an invitation to major league spring training.
- Fences will be easier to clear this year at Marlins Park Updated: Jan-20-16 1:27 pm
MIAMI - The outfield fence will be easier to clear this year at Marlins Park, and Miami Marlins newcomer Wei-Yin Chen says that's not all bad, even though he's a pitcher.
- Marlins' peace with Boras pays off in signing of Chen Updated: Jan-19-16 7:31 pm
MIAMI - Wei-Yin Chen posed in his new Miami Marlins jersey, flanked on one side by his agent, Scott Boras, and on the other by team executives as everyone smiled for the clicking cameras.
- Dee Gordon signs $50 million, 5-year deal with Miami Marlins Updated: Jan-18-16 6:50 pm
MIAMI - Dee Gordon put his signature on a $50 million, five-year contract with the Miami Marlins as more than a dozen relatives watched from the front row at a news conference Monday.
- Marlins ace Jose Fernandez agrees to $2.8 million deal Updated: Jan-15-16 9:39 pm
MIAMI - Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez avoided arbitration by agreeing to a $2.8 million contract for 2016, a big increase over his salary of $651,000 last year.
- Arrieta, Cubs have biggest gap in arbitration at $5.5M Updated: Jan-15-16 9:36 pm
NEW YORK - NL Cy Young Award winner Jake Arrieta had the largest gap among 35 players who swapped proposed figures with their teams in salary arbitration, and new Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman also had a big difference.