- AP Exclusive: Ukraine children eat food tainted by Chernobyl Updated: Apr-22-16 10:47 am
ZALYSHANY, Ukraine - Viktoria Vetrova knows the risk her four children take in drinking milk from the family's two cows and eating dried mushrooms and berries from the forest.
- NATO, Russia meeting fails to bridge differences Updated: Apr-20-16 12:27 pm
BRUSSELS - The first meeting of the NATO-Russia Council in nearly two years ran over schedule Wednesday but failed to do much to improve relations between Moscow and the U.S.-led alliance, at their lowest ebb since the Cold War.
- Ukraine, Russia reach deal to release pilot, Poroshenko says Updated: Apr-19-16 4:23 pm
MOSCOW - Ukraine and Russia have reached a deal to free a jailed Ukrainian pilot, President Petro Poroshenko said Tuesday, suggesting that she will be swapped for two Russian servicemen imprisoned in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian president's ally is elected as new prime minister Updated: Apr-14-16 4:42 pm
MOSCOW - The speaker of the Ukrainian parliament was elected the country's new prime minister Thursday in a vote that the government hopes will end a months-long political crisis but which reformers say gives Ukraine's oligarchs a free hand in running the country.
- The Latest: Putin: Russia considers trade for Ukraine pilot Updated: Apr-14-16 9:57 am
MOSCOW - The Latest on Russian President Vladimir Putin's marathon call-in TV show (all times local):
- Lithuania blacklists 46 Russians for prosecuting Ukrainians Updated: Apr-13-16 10:21 am
VILNIUS, Lithuania - The Lithuanian government said Wednesday it has blacklisted 46 Russian citizens involved in criminal prosecutions of several Ukrainians including the imprisoned pilot Nadezhda Savchenko.
- Ukraine awaits new government to fulfill promises of Maidan Updated: Apr-11-16 11:15 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Swept into office by the mass protests that deposed the Russia-friendly president two years ago, Ukraine's new leaders promised that the country would soon be welcomed into Europe as a thriving new democracy.
- Ukraine's embattled prime minister resigns Updated: Apr-10-16 4:43 pm
MINSK, Belarus - Ukraine's embattled prime minister announced Sunday that he is resigning, opening the way for the formation of a new government to end a drawn-out political crisis.
- Netherlands to hold referendum on EU-Ukraine deal Updated: Apr-03-16 5:33 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch voters are going to the polls on Wednesday - but the topic is Ukraine, not their own country.