- Commissioner warns lawmakers REAL ID deadlines looming Updated: Nov-18-15 5:58 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's public safety commissioner warned lawmakers Wednesday that residents may be unable to board a commercial aircraft or enter a federal building using a state driver's license after next year unless legislation brings IDs into compliance with federal law.
- US court orders resentencing for former state Senate leader Updated: Nov-06-15 4:43 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A federal appeals court on Friday ordered that the former leader of the Oklahoma Senate be resentenced for a bribery conviction, ruling that his probation sentence was "little more than a slap on the wrist" and deserves prison time.
- Oklahoma governor appointment authority studied by lawmakers Updated: Nov-04-15 6:18 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma lawmakers convened a legislative study Wednesday on expanding the governor's appointment authority to include the heads of state agencies and commissions, an idea critics said could make state government resemble the federal system and increase the influence of special interests.
- Oklahoma Senate panel eyes budget-only legislative sessions Updated: Nov-02-15 5:58 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Legislature would join neighboring Arkansas and six other states that spend every other year focused exclusively on discussing and writing a budget under a proposal a Senate panel considered Monday.
- Expert says Oklahoma earthquakes easing over last 3 months Updated: Oct-30-15 6:00 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - While the overall number of earthquakes skyrockets in Oklahoma, the new director of the state Geological Survey says there has been a modest decline over the last three months.