- On death row 35 years, Texas inmate dies of natural causes Updated: Apr-25-16 11:46 am
HOUSTON - A man on death row for 35 years for a Houston robbery where three people were shot and killed and a fourth was severely wounded has died of natural causes, Texas prison officials said Monday.
- Texas prison agency reviewing federal ban of execution drug Updated: Apr-20-16 3:23 pm
HOUSTON - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is refusing to back down from its decision to block the Texas prison system from importing a drug that could be used for capital punishment in the state that carries out the most executions in the nation.
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice director retiring Updated: Apr-15-16 5:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Department of Criminal Justice Executive Director Brad Livingston says he's retiring this summer after guiding the state's prison system for nearly a dozen years, making him one of the longest-tenured directors in the agency's history.
- Texas bans inmate social media profiles managed by others Updated: Apr-14-16 6:30 pm
HOUSTON - Texas prison officials are cracking down on social media accounts managed for inmates by friends or relatives while the prisoners themselves have no Internet access because they're locked up.
- Oldest inmate on Texas' death row dies of natural causes Updated: Apr-08-16 8:28 pm
HOUSTON - The oldest condemned man in Texas has died at age 78 of natural causes, a Texas prisons spokesman said Friday.