- Utah lawmaker pleads guilty to fraud charge, resigns Updated: Oct-09-15 6:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a surprise move, a Utah state lawmaker pleaded guilty to fraud and resigned Friday, acknowledging he took about $24,000 in campaign money from his former boss, the mayor of Salt Lake County.
- Utah Highway Patrol: 1 in 5 drivers violate HOV laws Updated: Oct-09-15 1:13 pm
- Salt Lake City mayoral candidates square off in debate Updated: Oct-08-15 6:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker and challenger Jackie Biskupski squared off in a debate Thursday that covered issues ranging from the renovation of the airport to police dealings with the homeless.
- Medicaid plan gets first public hearing but no vote yet Updated: Oct-06-15 10:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers held the first public hearing Tuesday evening on a new plan to help thousands of Utah's poor get health insurance by expanding Medicaid. They didn't take any action on the plan, however, after hearing hours of testimony from doctors, advocates for the poor and more.
- Utah cites Warren Jeff as reason polygamy should be illegal Updated: Oct-06-15 5:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah prosecutors are invoking jailed polygamous leader Warren Jeffs as proof that plural marriage should be illegal in the state as they make arguments in a case brought by the stars of reality TV show "Sister Wives."
- Utah to send Planned Parenthood federal funds through 2015 Updated: Oct-02-15 1:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah says it will continue sending federal money to the state's Planned Parenthood organization through the end of the year.
- Utah Supreme Court: No new trial for man convicted of murder Updated: Oct-02-15 5:08 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Supreme Court has ruled that a man convicted of killing a retired Brigham Young University professor in 2009 will not get a new trial.
- GOP candidates for governor raise more than $760K this year Updated: Oct-01-15 6:54 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Gov. Gary Herbert and Jonathan Johnson, his 2016 re-election challenger, have raised a combined $760,000 so far this year, according to state campaign finance reports filed Wednesday.
- Nominees announced to fill vacancy in Utah Supreme Court Updated: Oct-01-15 5:41 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Seven nominees have been announced to fill the Utah Supreme Court vacancy left by Justice Jill Parrish, who was confirmed as a federal judge last month.
- Utah lawmaker eyes scrapping of car inspection law Updated: Sep-30-15 2:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state lawmaker is exploring whether Utah should eliminate its safety inspection requirements for cars, a move that would put the state in line with several others that have scrapped such programs in recent years.
- Utah governor testifying before Congress on Wednesday Updated: Sep-30-15 11:02 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Gov. Gary Herbert is testifying before a congressional committee about federal oversight of natural resources in the states.
- GOP candidate calls on Gov. Gary Herbert to debate Updated: Sep-29-15 4:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Republican candidate for governor is criticizing Gov. Gary Herbert for refusing to debate him this year ahead of next year's election.
- Judge sides with Planned Parenthood in lawsuit against Utah Updated: Sep-29-15 3:39 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge on Tuesday blocked an order issued by Utah Gov. Gary Herbert to cut off federal money going to Planned Parenthood in the state after the release of secretly recorded videos by a California anti-abortion group.
- Trial set for ex-Utah attorney general in pay-to-play case Updated: Sep-28-15 7:03 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge in Salt Lake City set a May 2016 trial date for former Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, who is charged in a pay-to-play case.
- Motorcyclist killed in US 40 crash Updated: Sep-28-15 11:32 am
WALLSBURG, Utah - A man has died after crashing his motorcycle on U.S. 40 near Daniel's Canyon.
- Authorities pull man from crashed vehicle in Plymouth canal Updated: Sep-26-15 12:29 pm
PLYMOUTH, Utah - Emergency responders rescued a man who suffered two broken legs after his car crashed into a canal in Plymouth.
- Utah unveils tool showing impact of federal budget crisis Updated: Sep-24-15 7:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Lawmakers worried about Utah's reliance on U.S. government funds unveiled an online calculator Thursday that shows how the state would be hit by various federal budget disasters like a shutdown.
- High-speed chase near Cedar City reaches 129 mph Updated: Sep-24-15 5:34 am
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A high-speed chase on Interstate 15 near Cedar City reached speeds of up to 129 mph and ended with the peaceful arrest of a Colorado man.
- Man accused in girl's death appears in court Updated: Sep-22-15 5:23 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge is set to consider whether a man charged with the death of a 6-year-old girl is mentally competent to stand trial on aggravated murder and other charges in a case that resumed Tuesday after nearly two years on hold.
- Highway Patrol DUI officer accused of violating policy Updated: Sep-18-15 11:08 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah Highway Patrol lieutenant in charge of the DUI unit has chosen to retire following findings of an audit and internal affairs investigation that he had engaged in misconduct.
- Correction: Lawmakers Road Trip story Updated: Sep-17-15 7:21 pm
MOAB, Utah - In a story Sept. 16 about Utah lawmakers' road trip, The Associated Press reported erroneously the number of state representatives on the trip. There were 53, not 62.
- Utah Planned Parenthood hires attorney over funding threat Updated: Sep-17-15 2:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Planned Parenthood Association of Utah is working to protect funding and has hired the attorney who led a push for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to ordain women.
- Former Utah school bus driver pleads guilty to DUI charge Updated: Sep-17-15 5:43 am
WEST JORDAN, Utah - A former Davis County School District bus driver has pleaded guilty to a DUI charge.
- Lawmaker: More penalties for those flying drones near fires Updated: Sep-10-15 12:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah lawmaker is working on legislation that would create new penalties for anyone caught flying a drone near a wildfire.