- No fatal crashes over Pioneer Day weekend, troopers say Updated: Jul-28-15 5:23 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Highway Patrol says nobody died on Utah's roads during the celebratory Pioneer Day weekend.
- Former Utah attorney general pleads not guilty to bribery Updated: Jul-27-15 1:34 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former Utah attorney general pleaded not guilty Monday to 13 charges of bribery and other crimes after prosecutors say he accepted beach vacations and use of a luxury houseboat from businessmen in trouble with regulators.
- Utah trooper trapped under car says he's lucky to be alive Updated: Jul-25-15 5:06 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah Highway Patrol trooper says he's feeling lucky to be alive after he was trapped underneath a car while trying to help a stranded motorist.
- Utah ambulance crashes after patient grabs wheel; 3 hurt Updated: Jul-24-15 4:17 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say a Utah ambulance crashed after a psychiatric patient grabbed the steering wheel, injuring two medical workers and the man getting treatment.
- Erosion closes Route 45 in northeast Utah Updated: Jul-23-15 5:09 am
BONANZA, Utah - Utah Route 45 has been closed as a precaution after the Utah Department of Transportation found erosion around the base of the road.
- Court upholds rancher's double murder convictions Updated: Jul-22-15 6:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Supreme Court has denied the latest request to overturn murder convictions against a rancher accused of brutally killing two ranch hands in 1998.
- Case against man accused in girl's death to go forward Updated: Jul-20-15 4:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Supreme Court has cleared the way for the trial of a Utah man accused of raping and killing a 6-year-old girl.
- Group fighting prison relocation fails to get on ballot Updated: Jul-20-15 11:49 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's Supreme Court has rejected a lawmaker's push for a referendum fighting the relocation of the state prison in Draper.
- Man, 2 kids hurt in collision on I-15 in Centerville Updated: Jul-19-15 6:46 pm
CENTERVILLE, Utah - Two children and a man are in the hospital following a collision on I-15 in Centerville.
- Pedestrian's death on I-15 may have been a suicide Updated: Jul-19-15 12:10 pm
RIVERDALE, Utah - Authorities say a man who was fatally hit by a semi on a highway near Riverdale may have intended to end his life.
- Utah lawmaker renews push for medical marijuana law Updated: Jul-15-15 3:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state lawmaker renewed his push Wednesday for conservative Utah to pass a medical marijuana law, a move he argues is a win for limited government, conservative values and compassion.
- Utah carjacking suspect who was hit with Taser dies Updated: Jul-15-15 5:06 am
OGDEN, Utah - An Ogden man who was accused of carjacking a woman and was hit four times by a Taser has died.
- Utah death row inmate says firing squad is unconstitutional Updated: Jul-14-15 7:00 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah death row inmate appealing his sentence of death by firing squad says the execution method is cruel and unusual punishment. Utah recently approved the use of a firing squad as a backup if lethal injection drugs are not available.
- Forester: Utah working to cut risk of large-scale wildfires Updated: Jul-14-15 4:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah hasn't had a devastating wildfire in recent years like its neighboring states thanks to a mix of luck, favorable weather and prevention, the state forester said Tuesday.
- Utah lawmakers look at passing statewide body camera rules Updated: Jul-07-15 5:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - As more police agencies issue body cameras to their officers, Utah needs to set statewide standards about what should be filmed and who can see it, lawmakers and advocates said Tuesday.
- Jaws of life free trooper trapped under vehicle after crash Updated: Jul-07-15 3:33 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A Utah Highway Patrol trooper trapped beneath a car after he stopped to help a crashed motorist was recovering Tuesday, authorities said.
- Correction: Seat Belt Violations story Updated: Jul-06-15 5:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a story July 5 about violations under a new Utah seat belt law, The Associated Press erroneously reported information about the number of stops and citations issued. Patrol officers conducted 5,350 stops this year compared to 2,310 during the same period last year, not more than 6,178 stops this year compared to 3,928 last year; and about 70 drivers received full citation tickets this year, not 900.
- Utah using playful highway signs to encourage safe driving Updated: Jul-06-15 3:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah highway drivers may do a double take this summer when they look up and read what's on the digital signs overhead.
- Man killed while changing tire in West Valley City Updated: Jul-04-15 5:17 pm
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - Authorities say a man was killed while changing a tire and two others hurt when a car crashed in West Valley City.
- UDOT keeping lights green to cut down on holiday traffic Updated: Jul-03-15 4:05 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah transportation officials are preparing for the rush of Fourth of July traffic by making sure traffic lights stay green.