- Court tosses Iowa City robbery conviction on unlawful search Updated: Apr-29-16 3:43 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A divided Iowa Supreme Court overturned the robbery conviction of an Iowa City man on Friday, establishing in a 4-3 decision that police can't search someone's personal belongings without a warrant even when the items are in the home of another person who consents to a search.
- State prevails in 2011 Medicaid payments court challenge Updated: Apr-22-16 12:02 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has handed a victory to the Iowa Department of Human Services in a dispute over cuts in payments made to a group of Medicaid service providers in 2011.
- Riverboat owners take appeal to Iowa Supreme Court Updated: Apr-19-16 7:15 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Lawyers for the operator of the former Argosy Sioux City riverboat casino have asked the Iowa Supreme Court to consider their lawsuit against state regulators and other parties.
- Iowa Supreme Court clears way for Iowa City tower project Updated: Apr-15-16 1:31 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has decided not to review a lawsuit against the City Council of Iowa City, clearing the way for construction of the 15-story Chauncey Tower project there.
- Man convicted of HIV crime but later vindicated cannot sue Updated: Apr-15-16 12:54 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday that defendants who enter plea agreements in criminal cases cannot later sue the state for wrongful imprisonment, even if their cases are eventually thrown out and charges are dropped.
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: Apr-11-16 10:01 am
Sioux City Journal. April 10, 2016
- Court: Defendants must be told about loss of driving rights Updated: Apr-08-16 10:54 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court says defendants facing drug charges must be told that they'll lose their driving privileges for six months if they plead guilty.