- Iowa Supreme Court bans life without parole for teen killers Updated: May-27-16 3:30 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Juveniles who commit even the most heinous murders must someday have the chance to earn their release from prison, a divided Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- Court upholds sex offender civil commitment Updated: May-27-16 2:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court on Friday declined to rule on the constitutionality of a state program that keeps sex offenders in custody after they have completed their prison sentences, rejecting an appeal by a repeat sex offender seeking his release from the program.
- Iowa Supreme Court ends suit over former floating casino Updated: May-24-16 12:09 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has ended a long legal battle between the owners of the former Argosy Sioux City riverboat casino and state regulators.
- Court upholds conviction despite bogus FBI bullet testimony Updated: May-20-16 1:04 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An inmate convicted of murder in 1984 will not get a new trial even though the prosecution relied on discredited FBI bullet-matching science, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: May-16-16 10:01 am
Des Moines Register. May 12, 2016
- Court: Slipknot bassist's child born after he died can sue Updated: May-06-16 5:13 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The daughter of the late Slipknot bassist Paul Gray can sue a doctor for the loss of her father's companionship, even though she was still a fetus when he died, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- Court tosses Iowa City robbery conviction on unlawful search Updated: Apr-29-16 3:43 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A divided Iowa Supreme Court overturned the robbery conviction of an Iowa City man on Friday, establishing in a 4-3 decision that police can't search someone's personal belongings without a warrant even when the items are in the home of another person who consents to a search.