- Convict in fatal park shooting will have chance at parole Updated: Jun-28-16 11:55 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - A man accused of fatally shooting a woman near the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay campus last year has been sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 40 years.
- Longtime UW-Madison police chief Riseling retiring Updated: Jun-22-16 10:50 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Longtime University of Wisconsin-Madison police chief Sue Riseling is retiring.
- Some excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Jun-20-16 8:32 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, June 16
- Student alleges UW-Milwaukee violated open meetings law Updated: Jun-14-16 3:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student has filed a lawsuit alleging a school committee violated the state's open meetings law when it closed disciplinary hearings involving him.
- Time stamp shows UW officials finished budget last week Updated: Jun-10-16 3:42 pm
MILWAUKEE - University of Wisconsin System officials withheld their annual budget from the public until just before regents voted on it, saying the document wasn't quite final. But time stamps on the spending plan show it was finished last week, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Friday.
- Regent questions continuing athletics at UW-Milwaukee Updated: Jun-10-16 2:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin regent questioned Friday whether it's worth continuing athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in the face of a massive deficit.
- UW regents OK chancellor spending $800,000 donation Updated: Jun-10-16 11:13 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents has granted UW-Madison's chancellor permission to spend an $800,000 donation as she sees fit to help the school's budget crunch.
- The Latest: Regents agree to ask for more financial aid Updated: Jun-09-16 4:50 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Latest on the University of Wisconsin System regent actions during Thursday's meeting at UW-Milwaukee:
- UW regents to consider raising application fees Updated: Jun-07-16 12:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin System regents are considering raising application fees.
- Walker suggests performance-based funding increase for UW Updated: Jun-02-16 3:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is indicating he may increase funding for the University of Wisconsin System and technical colleges, possibly tied to performance measures.