- %headline(Panel votes to cut University of Wisconsin $250 million Updated: May-29-15 9:55 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's budget-writing committee voted Friday to cut the University of Wisconsin's budget by $250 million and eliminate tenure protections for faculty from state law - moves derided by Democrats who argued the changes would hurt both higher education and the state's economy.
- UW System could create charter schools in Madison, Milwaukee Updated: May-29-15 9:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin System would be able to authorize independent charter schools in Madison and Milwaukee under a proposal by Republicans on the Legislature's budget committee.
- Budget panel authorizes borrowing for building projects Updated: May-27-15 8:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's finance committee has authorized borrowing tens of millions of dollars for building projects around the state.
- UW-Madison's police expected to have body cameras by fall Updated: May-09-15 3:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin-Madison's police officers are expected to be wearing body cameras this fall, but the police chief first wants to get public input on how officers should use them.
- University of Wisconsin fraternity kicked off campus Updated: May-06-15 5:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A fraternity chapter at the University of Wisconsin-Madison has been kicked off campus after breaking the terms of its suspension.