- No settlement: Goodell, Brady await 'Deflategate' ruling Updated: Aug-31-15 6:10 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady attended last-minute settlement talks between the NFL and its players union Monday before a judge announced he would decide the dispute over deflated footballs with a ruling in a day or two.
- Mingo returns to practice for banged-up Browns Updated: Aug-31-15 6:02 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Piece by piece, limb by limb, the Browns are healing and getting back to full strength.
- Jaguars trade PK Josh Scobee to Steelers for 6th-round pick Updated: Aug-31-15 5:59 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - After losing Shaun Suisham and Graham Hartley in the preseason, the Pittsburgh Steelers needed another kicker.
- AJ McCarron's impressive game puts Bengals at ease Updated: Aug-31-15 5:33 pm
CINCINNATI - With an unexpected impressive performance, AJ McCarron put the Bengals at ease and got his first NFL football for the trophy case.
- Steelers wideout Martavis Bryant suspended for 4 games Updated: Aug-31-15 5:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - The list of key players the Pittsburgh Steelers will have to do without early in the 2015 season keeps growing.
- Broncos trade tackle Chris Clark to Houston Updated: Aug-31-15 5:27 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Chris Clark is joining the superstar he couldn't beat.
- Jets' Leonard Williams 'definitely' expects to play Week 1 Updated: Aug-31-15 5:25 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Injured rookie Leonard Williams says he "definitely" plans to play in the New York Jets' regular-season opener in two weeks.
- Jaguars TE Julius Thomas could miss start of regular season Updated: Aug-31-15 5:18 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Jacksonville Jaguars tight end Julius Thomas might need surgery on his injured hand and could miss multiple games to start the regular season.
- Buccaneers say QB Winston's sprained ankle not a concern Updated: Aug-31-15 5:05 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Jameis Winston has a sprained ankle that the rookie quarterback and Tampa Bay Buccaneers say is not a major concern.
- Panthers wide receiver position remains in state of flux Updated: Aug-31-15 4:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers are looking for ways to give a boost to a wide receiving corps that remains in a state of flux less than two weeks before the season opener.
- Harbaugh can't accept losing, even preseason games Updated: Aug-31-15 4:51 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Ravens coach John Harbaugh has never found it easy to accept losing, even when it comes to a preseason game that probably won't be remembered beyond the first week of September.
- Vikings put Carter Bykowski on IR, Josh Robinson on PUP list Updated: Aug-31-15 4:47 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have placed offensive tackle Carter Bykowski on injured reserve and cornerback Josh Robinson on the physically unable to perform list.
- Panthers acquire Seahawks WR Norwood for 2017 draft pick Updated: Aug-31-15 4:45 pm
- LB Alexander, P Zastudil among 11 players cut by Cardinals Updated: Aug-31-15 4:30 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Outside linebacker and longtime special teams standout Lorenzo Alexander and veteran punter Dave Zastudil were among 11 players released by the Arizona Cardinals on Monday.
- Kirk Cousins to start season as Redskins QB Updated: Aug-31-15 3:46 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The Washington Redskins have made a quarterback change: Kirk Cousins will be the starter this season, not Robert Griffin III.
- New York Giants sign veteran safety Stevie Brown Updated: Aug-31-15 3:02 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Safety Stevie Brown is back with the New York Giants.
- Veteran running back Fred Jackson among 12 cut by Bills Updated: Aug-31-15 11:48 am
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Fred Jackson's tenure with the Buffalo Bills is over after the veteran running back, respected team leader and fan favorite was released on Monday.
- Broncos trade Clark, cut Walker, Stewart Updated: Aug-31-15 11:32 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos traded offensive tackle Chris Clark to Houston on Monday, released veteran linebacker Reggie Walker and placed rookie tight end Jeff Hauerman on injured reserved.
- Starting offenses struggle, Cardinals beat Raiders 30-23 Updated: Aug-31-15 12:51 am
OAKLAND, California - Even though Carson Palmer spent much of the first half on his back and running from the Oakland defense, Arizona coach Bruce Arians is not concerned about his offensive line.
- Texans take preseason win over Saints 27-13 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Brian Hoyer sounded pleased about his first game as the Houston Texans' designated starter.
- Tomsula: LB Brooks won't return to 49ers practice this week Updated: Aug-30-15 8:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks will not practice this coming week with the San Francisco 49ers, who sent him away from the team after he was charged with misdemeanor sexual battery Wednesday.
- Denver's defense carrying the load while offense struggles Updated: Aug-30-15 6:56 pm
DENVER - His two Pro Bowl receivers haven't been together on the field with him all offseason. He hasn't found the end zone all month. And he's coming off his first three-sack outing since mid-2013.
- Penalties keep piling up for Rams Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Penalties remain an issue for the St. Louis Rams as the opener looms. They're 0-3 in the preseason after hurting themselves yet again.
- Buccaneers waive 10, including draft pick Iosefa Updated: Aug-30-15 5:39 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Seventh-round draft pick Joey Iosefa was among 10 players released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first wave of cuts.
- Mason uncertain for season opener Updated: Aug-30-15 5:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rams running back Tre Mason, the likely starter while Todd Gurley rehabs from knee surgery, has been ruled out of the preseason finale with a right hamstring injury.