- Pats coach Belichick on having Brady back: 'He never left' Updated: Sep-04-15 11:11 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Like every game, Patriots coach Bill Belichick says he's focused on his next opponent. But he doesn't feel as if he's got a new edge with star quarterback Tom Brady able to play in the regular0season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Judge's NFL bashing skips judgment of Brady in 'Deflategate' Updated: Sep-04-15 11:08 pm
NEW YORK - A judge's ruling freeing New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to play football erased his four-game suspension but failed to address the root question of the "Deflategate" scandal: What did Brady know about a plot to deflate balls before January's AFC championship game?
- Tom Brady posts statement on Facebook Updated: Sep-04-15 11:01 pm
Tom Brady posted a statement on Facebook on Friday night, a day after U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman vacated the New England quarterback's four-game suspension in the "Deflategate" scandal.
- Eagles clear spot for Tebow, trading Barkley to Cardinals Updated: Sep-04-15 8:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Tim Tebow made Matt Barkley expendable.
- Steinberg the man sportsmen call on when they're in trouble Updated: Sep-04-15 7:41 pm
DENVER - When the police burst through the door at John Bowlen's luxury apartment to investigate a domestic dispute and 911 hang-up, the 29-year-old son of Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen hollered, "I didn't do anything wrong! ... I'm calling Harvey."
- Cardinals add Barkley, young QB must learn difficult offense Updated: Sep-04-15 7:15 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals didn't have to give up much to take a look at quarterback Matt Barkley to see if he might fit in the team's long-term plans.
- Bills cut Enemkpali; place McKelvin on short-term IR Updated: Sep-04-15 6:58 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills starting cornerback Leodis McKelvin will miss the start of the season because of a right ankle injury.
- McCoy optimistic but won't say he'll play in Bills opener Updated: Sep-04-15 6:16 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Though saying he's optimistic, running back LeSean McCoy wasn't prepared to announce whether his injured left hamstring will be healed in time for the Buffalo Bills' season opener against Indianapolis on Sept. 13.
- Falcons release backup QB candidates Grossman, Yates Updated: Sep-04-15 6:09 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons have released quarterbacks Rex Grossman and T.J. Yates, leaving Sean Renfree as the backup to starter Matt Ryan.
- Berry wins Steelers punting battle Updated: Sep-04-15 5:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - From flipping burgers to flipping footballs.
- Titans set offensive line featuring 2 new starters, 1 rookie Updated: Sep-04-15 5:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans finally have settled on their starting offensive line, and the group tasked with protecting rookie quarterback Marcus Mariota features two new starters.
- Giants release veteran punter Steve Weatherford Updated: Sep-04-15 5:27 pm
- Browns' Manziel tossing tennis balls as sore elbow heals Updated: Sep-04-15 5:20 pm
CLEVELAND - Johnny Tennis Ball just doesn't sound right.
- Titans trade veteran guard Andy Levitre to Atlanta Falcons Updated: Sep-04-15 2:12 pm
- Packers' Guion, Jones await substance abuse suspensions Updated: Sep-04-15 10:30 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Packers defensive lineman Letroy Guion plans to stay in Green Bay during his three-game suspension to work out and get ready for the rest of the season.
- Players hoping "Deflategate" can usher in change Updated: Sep-04-15 4:06 am
PITTSBURGH - Tom Brady is free and Ramon Foster can't help but laugh. Sorry, the irony is just a little too delicious.
- Ellington has 70-yard touchdown catch, 49ers beat Chargers Updated: Sep-04-15 2:15 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Colin Kaepernick donned a red cap and sneakers, offered a quick side hug to third-string quarterback Dylan Thompson, then took his spot on the sideline for the San Francisco 49ers' 14-12 win against San Diego on Thursday night.
- Broncos safety T.J. Ward suspended for opener Updated: Sep-04-15 2:08 am
DENVER - Pro Bowl safety T.J. Ward said the NFL is unfairly punishing him over a nightclub incident that happened more than 15 months ago, one in which criminal charges were ultimately dropped.
- Johnson helps Cardinals beat Broncos 22-20 Updated: Sep-04-15 1:38 am
- Texans' Mallett forced into 21-14 preseason loss to Cowboys Updated: Sep-04-15 12:56 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Backup Houston quarterback Ryan Mallett was forced into the game unexpectedly when third-stringer Tom Savage went out with an apparent shoulder injury in the fourth quarter of the preseason finale.
- Fales throws for 2 TDs, Bears beat Browns 24-0 Updated: Sep-04-15 12:23 am
CHICAGO - David Fales made his case to be Chicago's third-string quarterback, throwing two touchdown passes, and the Bears closed out the preseason with a 24-0 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night.
- Lions beat Bills 17-10 in preseason finale Updated: Sep-04-15 12:15 am
DETROIT - TJ Jones boosted his chances of staying in Detroit, turning a short pass into a 64-yard touchdown to help the Lions beat the Buffalo Bills 17-10 Thursday night.
- Spotlight shines on trio of 2nd-year quarterbacks Updated: Sep-04-15 12:12 am
ALAMEDA, California - The challenges facing a rookie quarterback in the NFL can be a bit overwhelming.
- Playing cornerback in Seattle means learning the technique Updated: Sep-04-15 12:09 am
RENTON, Washington - Kris Richard makes it sound like some covert activity. That sharing this information will is somehow equate a security leak.
- Former ref Mike Carey now explains the calls Updated: Sep-04-15 12:08 am
Mike Carey almost looks out of uniform dressed in a suit and tie. Where's the referee's outfit?