- Saints add 2 players after formally releasing Galette Updated: Jul-27-15 9:23 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints have added tight end Kevin Brock and offensive lineman Cole Manhart after formally releasing outside linebacker Junior Galette.
- Seau lawyer: family won't disrupt Hall of Fame ceremonies Updated: Jul-27-15 9:11 pm
CANTON, Ohio - The family of the late Junior Seau will not disrupt the Hall of Fame ceremonies on Aug. 8 despite its disagreement with a policy preventing live remarks during a posthumous induction.
- Mike Wallace aims for more than deep throws with Vikings Updated: Jul-27-15 8:42 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings acquired Mike Wallace for his speed and his experience at the wide receiver position.
- Steelers ready for dynamic offense to take flight Updated: Jul-27-15 7:41 pm
LATROBE, Pennsylvania - Todd Haley came up with the number. Ben Roethlisberger didn't see any reason to argue.
- Panthers' Martin contemplates retirement after back injury Updated: Jul-27-15 7:05 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Carolina Panthers offense tackle Jonathan Martin, the lineman harassed during the Miami Dolphins' 2013 bullying scandal, is contemplating retirement following a back injury.
- DE Da'Quan Bowers re-signs with Buccaneers Updated: Jul-27-15 6:18 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Defensive end Da'Quan Bowers is getting another opportunity to prove himself with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Sabres shakeup: Brandon replaces Black as team president Updated: Jul-27-15 6:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Bills president Russ Brandon dressed for the occasion Monday, when it came time to discuss his new expanded role of overseeing Buffalo's other pro sports franchise, the NHL's Sabres.
- Colts continue fine-tuning roster along offensive line Updated: Jul-27-15 4:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Colts are still trying to firm up their offensive line.
- AP sources: NFL close to new football inspection rules Updated: Jul-27-15 3:21 pm
The NFL is preparing to send out instructions to game officials and teams explaining new rules for inspecting footballs.
- Vikings sign kicker Blair Walsh to contract extension Updated: Jul-26-15 8:44 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings signed kicker Blair Walsh on Sunday to a four-year contract extension with $5.25 million guaranteed and a maximum value of $14 million.
- Vikings begin 50th summer in Mankato as NFL trends other way Updated: Jul-26-15 8:30 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Terence Newman has started his 13th season in the NFL a little bit like a rookie.
- Peterson, Vikings tote high hopes to training camp Updated: Jul-25-15 7:09 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - The "AP! AP!" and "MVP! MVP!" chants started as soon as Adrian Peterson was spotted driving into the parking lot.
- Hall of Fame bars Seau's daughter from comments Updated: Jul-24-15 7:51 pm
CANTON, Ohio - Junior Seau's daughter will not be commenting on her father entering the Pro Football Hall of Fame during the Aug. 8 inductions.
- Agent: Saints inform 2014 sack leader Galette of his release Updated: Jul-24-15 6:56 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Saints have cut Junior Galette, who has been among their most productive pass rushers the past two seasons, but also has dealt with off-the field trouble.
- Broncos DE Derek Wolfe suspended 4 games Updated: Jul-24-15 4:09 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - His scary spinal injury behind him along with the ill-fitting 4-3 defense, Derek Wolfe couldn't wait for the 2015 season to get here.
- Vikings CB Jabari Price suspended 2 games by NFL Updated: Jul-24-15 2:42 pm
NEW YORK - Cornerback Jabari Price of the Minnesota Vikings has been suspended by the NFL for the first two games of the 2015 regular season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
- Chiefs cornerback Smith suspended 3 games for DUI arrest Updated: Jul-24-15 12:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs cornerback Sean Smith will miss the first three games of the regular season, including matchups against the Broncos' Peyton Manning and Packers' Aaron Rodgers, after he was suspended Friday for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
- Panthers expect WR Benjamin will be ready for training camp Updated: Jul-23-15 4:04 pm
CHJARLOTTE, North Carolina - Panthers coach Ron Rivera says he expects wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin will participate in all drills when the team opens training camp July 31.
- Officers punished for detainment of NFL player Nate Allen Updated: Jul-23-15 4:03 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - Officials say four southwest Florida police officers have been punished for the wrongful detainment of Oakland Raiders safety Nate Allen.
- AP source: Union offered NFL settlement on Brady suspension Updated: Jul-23-15 11:56 am
The players' union proposed a settlement on Tom Brady's four-game suspension last week that was "met with silence" by the NFL, a person familiar with the proposal told The Associated Press.
- Titans announce deal with Mariota Updated: Jul-21-15 9:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota signed with the Tennessee Titans on Tuesday, becoming the last of the NFL's first-round draft picks to finalize his deal.
- Peterson, Vikings agree to redo last 3 years of deal Updated: Jul-21-15 7:26 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings agreed Tuesday to restructure the final three years of his contract, giving the six-time Pro Bowl running back $20 million in guaranteed money.
- Bills cut offensive tackle Hunter 3 weeks after signing him Updated: Jul-21-15 5:42 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Offensive tackle Wayne Hunter's chance to revive his career with the Buffalo Bills didn't last long.
- Chiefs waive rookie Cox after domestic assault charge Updated: Jul-21-15 4:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs have waived defensive back Justin Cox, who was charged with domestic assault, burglary and trespassing for an incident that occurred Monday in Starkville, Mississippi.
- Judge orders settlement talk for NFL, union on Peterson case Updated: Jul-20-15 5:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal magistrate ordered the NFL and the NFL Players Association into settlement negotiations Monday in their fight over Adrian Peterson's suspension.