- School choice, budget, tax cuts among new Florida laws Updated: Jul-01-16 12:10 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators passed 279 bills during this year's session three months ago, and 161 of them take effect on Friday with the start of the state's fiscal year, affecting school choice, rape kit testing, tax cuts and many more aspects of life in the Sunshine State.
- Marine Corps: 15 drill instructors under investigation Updated: Jun-30-16 10:12 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Marine Corps is looking into allegations of hazing, assault and physical abuse involving 15 drill instructors at Parris Island training depot in South Carolina, officials said Thursday.
- Retirement? Never mind; Holland staying in Mississippi House Updated: Jun-30-16 7:15 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The ever-quotable Rep. Steve Holland says he will remain in the Mississippi House, despite announcing to colleagues that he was planning to retire.
- Arkansas execution drug expiring, governor says find more Updated: Jun-30-16 6:56 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' stockpile of a paralytic drug needed for the executions of eight death row inmates expires as the calendar changes to July, leaving the state without a means to conduct its first executions in a decade.
- Son of iconic basketball coach Adolph Rupp dies at 75 Updated: Jun-24-16 6:21 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Adolph "Herky" Rupp Jr., the son of iconic University of Kentucky basketball coach Adolph Rupp, has died. He was 75.
- Vols' nonconference schedule includes trip to North Carolina Updated: Jun-24-16 11:29 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee visits defending NCAA Tournament runner-up North Carolina and faces Gonzaga in Nashville as part of its 2016-17 nonconference men's basketball schedule.
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA draft Updated: Jun-24-16 2:53 am
NEW YORK - Ben Simmons went from Down Under to the top of the NBA draft, and a record number of international players followed.
- The drama of NBA draft looks to begin with No. 3 pick Updated: Jun-22-16 4:21 pm
NEW YORK - While the first two picks in Thursday's NBA draft are essentially locked in, where the drama should start to unfold is pick No. 3.
- Louisiana-Lafayette incoming freshman Williams dead at 19 Updated: Jun-21-16 6:46 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Louisiana-Lafayette basketball recruit Herman Williams has died while playing basketball in his home state of Florida.
- Ray Kasongo joins Iowa State after leaving Tennessee Updated: Jun-20-16 4:40 pm
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State coach Steve Prohm says Tennessee transfer Ray Kasongo has joined the program.
- Vanderbilt to face Minnesota on Dec. 3 in South Dakota Updated: Jun-17-16 6:32 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Vanderbilt will play a regular-season basketball game with Minnesota on Dec. 3 at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- With O'Dome being renovated, Florida to open in Jacksonville Updated: Jun-16-16 11:28 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - With Florida working on a $64.5 million renovation to the O'Connell Center, the Gators will open the 2016-17 season in nearby Jacksonville.
- Kentucky's Briscoe looks to improve shooting, draft stock Updated: Jun-15-16 5:32 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky guard Isaiah Briscoe was told he needs to work on his game to be a first-round NBA draft pick, and that's fine with him.
- Authorities release details of Derek Willis' arrest Updated: Jun-13-16 8:20 pm
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - The Boone County Sheriff's Department says Kentucky senior forward Derek Willis was found lying in the street and stated that he had "a lot" to drink when he was arrested for public intoxication.
- College hoops coaches to examine NCAA Tournament selection Updated: Jun-13-16 11:04 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kentucky's John Calipari and West Virginia's Bob Huggins are among more than a dozen coaches and administrators who have been chosen to examine the NCAA men's basketball tournament selection system.
- 5 of top 6 national seeds earn spots in NCAA super regionals Updated: Jun-06-16 1:24 am
Five of the top six national seeds won regional titles in the NCAA Tournament on Sunday and advanced to next weekend's best-of-three super regionals.
- SEC turns to Tranghese to bolster league's hoops profile Updated: Jun-02-16 5:09 pm
DESTIN, Florida - Former Big East Commissioner Mike Tranghese proved his commitment to the Southeastern Conference with one simple task this week: He boarded a plane.
- Vols' Turner says he benefited from not playing last season Updated: Jun-01-16 2:09 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee guard Lamonte Turner believes his year away from competition has made him a better player.